Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread! ver. Sephiroth kills Zelda at the end of Disc 1!
9 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

So what do you guys think Seph's song list will look like in Ultimate? We all all saw how shafted Cloud was with a measly two songs. I wonder if that rock version of One Wing Angel will even be in the game. 

I’m guessing only One Wing Angel and Jenova. Remixes of both if we get lucky 

Edited by iStu X
6 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

So what do you guys think Seph's song list will look like in Ultimate? We all all saw how shafted Cloud was with a measly two songs. I wonder if that rock version of One Wing Angel will even be in the game. 

Advent: One Winged Angel, One Winged Angel the original and MAYBE original Jenova.  I'd bet money on the 1st 2.  If we get no.3 that'd be great.  If we somehow get a 4th track it'll be a miracle.

6 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Like everyone said it is probably only 2-3 songs again. Square Enix and their music are basically Nintendo with their game code, unless you got a direct in, they won't give up any more then they have to.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread! ver. Sephiroth kills Zelda at the end of Game Card 1.
4 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Do they ever have sales on DLC characters for Smash? I would pick up Seph (and Terry!) but they're a bit rich for my taste

Unfortunately no, not really
sometimes retailers will have digital vouchers of the season pass on sale but its only $2-3 off so it’s not really worth mentioning 

Edited by iStu X

Any of you dorks got any tips on how to tackle Fire Emblem Three Houses? I plan on starting it tomorrow and would like some advice on how to approach it since I haven’t played a FE title since Awakening. 

If it helps: yes I bought the Season pass. No I have no idea what it entails except the fourth house. 

I feel like I’m already disliking it though due to the fact it seems there’s a lot of micromanaging when it comes to keep students morale/affinity up and I’ve always hated that kinda shit  

edit: @Darc_Requiemi just remembered you played it a shit ton. Any advice? 

Edited by iStu X
11 hours ago, iStu X said:

Any of you dorks got any tips on how to tackle Fire Emblem Three Houses? I plan on starting it tomorrow and would like some advice on how to approach it since I haven’t played a FE title since Awakening. 

If it helps: yes I bought the Season pass. No I have no idea what it entails except the fourth house. 

I feel like I’m already disliking it though due to the fact it seems there’s a lot of micromanaging when it comes to keep students morale/affinity up and I’ve always hated that kinda shit  

edit: @Darc_Requiemi just remembered you played it a shit ton. Any advice? 

Honestly I thought I'd hate all the classroom stuff in Three Houses and it ended up being one of my favorite parts. Honestly, my best advice is to not really worry about anything until your second run. A lot of the things become far easier after you get to New Game+, the only thing you really need to do is max your professor level. Then on the second go around you'll have more than enough to points to max out which ever characters you like and then some. What's your goal in the game? I can probably give better advice if I knew that.

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

I don’t know? Enjoy it? Lol I don’t even know if I’ll do a second run. Do I have to in order to get the full story? 

Sort of, there are basically 3.5 storylines that each give a bit of what is going on in other stories but not addressed. Plus you add in the DLC which is it's own separate yarn but adds to it. It is a meaty game, but honestly just dive in and make your choices as you go if you like it enough to go back you can if not each individual story is game enough that you can call it a day without getting to know each member of the cast and why they are who they are.

4 hours ago, iStu X said:

I don’t know? Enjoy it? Lol I don’t even know if I’ll do a second run. Do I have to in order to get the full story? 

Just play your first run and see if you like it. If you do then worry about the details. There is no "ideal run" in Three Houses. You have to choose a side and there are consequences no matter which way you go. On New Game+ you can minimize your losses because it's far easier to recruit students from other houses. 

16 hours ago, Wellman said:

I hate how publishers cheap out on the cost of Switch carts and have the players download the rest of the game.

I wonder if players would be willing to eat the extra cost of the cart in order to have it fit entirely on a cart. I remember back when SF2 came out on SNES, the game was twice the size of a regular SNES cart and the game cost a bit more as a result. 

48 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I wonder if players would be willing to eat the extra cost of the cart in order to have it fit entirely on a cart. I remember back when SF2 came out on SNES, the game was twice the size of a regular SNES cart and the game cost a bit more as a result. 

The problem is most of the time the publishers go for a small cart and then charge full price. Capcom repeatedly did that with all their Megaman collections until the most recent Zero/ZX one where they had all the games on the cart despite all the games being able to fit relatively easily on the smaller 8  to 16 GB carts. In situations where 32 bit is not enough you can understand why they need additional downloads or in case of Doom Eternal a digital only release but getting a smaller cart just to save cash and requiring a download also screws over the collector who if they ever stop their service leaves a broken or incomplete game.

So, at some point this weekend my grandson asked for me to buy Among Us on Switch. That coupled with the no money purchase of Sephiroth, means I'm down major on my gold coins and need to see about buying some more eShop credit and more games with this supposed stimulus.

Edit: he liked playing as the impostor, which is immediately kinda sus. Every time he got that role, I asked if he had been ejected out the airlock yet 🤣

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
blah