Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

11 minutes ago, Lantis said:

OK how do I go about this? Do I need a friend code or something?

I was just gonna grab it from the front page buuut looks like the front page never got fixed.  One sec.

Friend Code is 6110-4628-4232

Maybe at some point @misterBeewill allow us to put the friend codes in our profiles just like the XBL, PSN, and Steam names.

Got your request.  Just find me in Friends and join whatever room I'm in.

Edited by Sonichuman
  • iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Monado Bois - Switch Sports 4/29 - Fire Emblem Three Hopes 6/24

Randomly watching the February direct. I really hope there’s a decent sized cast in the new Mario Strikers. I’m sure it’ll be the usual suspects like Golf and Tennis but that’s fine. I don’t want the cast to be just the eight characters shown in the trailer. 

also, the Sega NSO app really needs the Comix Zone and Vectorman 

(fight me @RSG3I know you hate Vector Man but I looooove them)

Edited by iStu X
On 4/21/2022 at 11:49 PM, iStu X said:

also, the Sega NSO app really needs the Comix Zone and Vectorman 

These are part of the Sega Genesis Classics collection that's available for purchase on the eShop. I don't see where Sega needs to put them behind the expansion pack paywall, but subscriber demand may change that.

Also planning on another set of import purchases pretty soon (probably next week on Tuesday). Looking at Darius Cozmic Revelation, the Tiger Heli collection that M2 worked on; and Densha De Go. Those are a little over $200 on Play-Asia with shipping most likely included via FedEx.

22 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Bout to get cease & desisted by the Nintendo lawyers. These cats never learn. Don't show shit til it's done then leak that shit somehow 😂

https://www.ign.com/articles/metroid-64-imagines-the-64-bit-entry-that-never-happened

I've said it many times. If you want to do shit like this, you don't release any info on it until the projects finished. Once it's on the internet, it's basically forever. Showing it off at the beginning for clout just means your are going to get a visit from the Ninteninjas.

On 4/27/2022 at 8:24 AM, YourFavGrandpa said:

These are part of the Sega Genesis Classics collection that's available for purchase on the eShop. I don't see where Sega needs to put them behind the expansion pack paywall, but subscriber demand may change that.

If they can release Sonic titles over and over and over again they can do the same for actual good games. 

I also just don’t want to buy the collection 

Edited by iStu X

So, the haul from my JP store buys is the following:

Darius Cozmic Revelation (50% off!)
Tiger Heli port (30% off!)
Densha De Go (25% off!)
Deathsmiles 1 & 2 (paid regular price, about 5000 yen)

Also have a imported copy of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 soundtrack on it's way from Amazon Japan here, supposed to be here on the 18th. I also picked up Switch Sports yesterday from Walmart. Also, Densha de Go is addictive as fuck.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
your momma is a train

I suppose this is an unpopular opinion but... I like the Sports Mates in Nintendo Switch Sports. The amount of hate that has been spewed towards the things online is nuts. You think they killed peeps' dog or something. Some people thought they were replacing the Miis when it was made clear during the game reveal that you could still play as your Mii. "They look weird." So the eldritch horror some people put out as Miis looks normal? Sports Mates could use some more hair options though.

7 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I suppose this is an unpopular opinion but... I like the Sports Mates in Nintendo Switch Sports. The amount of hate that has been spewed towards the things online is nuts. You think they killed peeps' dog or something. Some people thought they were replacing the Miis when it was made clear during the game reveal that you could still play as your Mii. "They look weird." So the eldritch horror some people put out as Miis looks normal? Sports Mates could use some more hair options though.

They give you the option to use your miis so any serious complaints about them is pretty pointless.  I bought Switch Sports but haven't tried it out yet.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Monado Bois! - Mario Strikers Battle League 6/10 - Fire Emblem Three Hopes 6/24

I popped in Nintendo Switch Sports and played it for the past 2 hours and it's pretty fun.  If you don't like motion controls and never have been into motion controls this it's probably not going to change your mind or anything.  But you have friends or family and or actually enjoy motion controls when they're done really well and you have a competitive spirit witihin you then you'll probably get a lot of enjoyment out of it.  I played Tennis and Chambara against people online and I didn't think I could get salty playing these games but man did Chambara bring it out of me.  The connection I had with people was smooth as well, no hitches so I don't know what's going on with those new Nintendo servers that they put up since MH: Rise's release but it feels like that has done the trick for their internet.   I think the true test will be when Strikers gets released though. 

Tennis plays extremely similar to the way its played in past Sports titles but with the added precision of the joy cons and actually being able to simply jump online and grab games vs. others extremely quickly  (This is the same for Chambara, after you boot the game you pick the game it searches for an opponent and loads a match.  You might be fighting a computer but I find that if you're fighting a human they'll let you know with an emote). 

Chambara feels like the Sword fighting from Wii Sports Resort except you can choose between 3 sword types depending on your style.  I only chose the original but I think I'll try dual wielding next time I play. 

My wife and I will probably be playing against each other and other people online this weekend.  If you happen to pick up this title let me know and we can play some games in whatever

8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Chambara feels like the Sword fighting from Wii Sports Resort except you can choose between 3 sword types depending on your style.  I only chose the original but I think I'll try dual wielding next time I play. 

Shiiiiiiet. At times like these, I wish my Switch wasn't hacked for mods so I could hop online. Sounds like a blast, definitely picking it up later. OG Wii Sports was crack anyway.

Kirby 64 got that T rating for violence and BLOOD.

I haven't played Kirby 64 in 10 years. Should be fun to run through it again. Currently going through Kirby's Dream Land 3. This is definitely a guide game to get the best ending. The controls do feel stiff but the soundtrack is an absolute banger and I love the story book look to the visuals. Jun Ishikawa killing it like always on the beats.

There are some compiled reactions from the endgame of Kirby and the Forgotten Land. It is pretty amusing to see the utter disbelief that comes from the story beats at the end.

Edited by RegH81
On 5/15/2022 at 2:33 AM, RegH81 said:

Drift Proof controller? Sounds like something every console manufacturer should be looking into heavily.

A good chunk of fun in Kirby 64 comes from combining different abilities. They ain't all winners but you can come up with some really good stuff. Darth Maul Kirby is still one of my faves.

From what I've read, the type of analog sticks on that controller are the same type used during the 360, PS3, Wii generation. So basically the big three cheaped out. It's why drift suddenly became a thing after it seemed to be resolved post N64 era. That said, based on the review, design aside they are just really high tier. The guy does an analog accuracy test on them and they are significantly better than the standard analogs.

Honestly the Nopon characters can be great... then they can be the piece of shit you were forced to have around in XBC X that couldn't fight and just made bad jokes in cut scenes.

Also I think every game in the Xenoblade Chronicles franchise has had a drug/smuggling related side quest cause of the furry sneaks.