Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Monado Bois! - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 7/29

On 6/24/2022 at 7:05 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

My Three Hopes journey started just after midnight.

I'm picking that game up on Friday. I sat down earlier to play the demo, next thing I know two hours had gone by. Had Hyrule Warriors been like this (with a steady damn near 60fps on Switch hardware), I probably would have put more time into the game. 

That being said, I'm planning on surprising my wife with a Switch for Christmas this year. Here locally, they still have the Animal Crossing special edition one, the regular one like I have, and I've seen some Switch OLEDs around at Walmart. I'm tempted to just go for the OLED out of principle, but I have no clue what I would be spending the extra $50ish dollars on versus say the Animal Crossing one or a second one like I have.

Just now, RSG3 said:

You would be spending the extra money on the OLED screen so the question to ask yourself @YourFavGrandpais if she's gonna use it portable or on the TV most. If on the TV then Animal Crossing Edition, if portabke the. The OLED, it will be way nicer for her eyes. 

when she was big into Animal Crossing, that shit was on our TV all fucking day and night. So yeah, Animal Crossing model it is.

Just now, Wellman said:

Damn this is a terrible year to be a RPG fan with a Switch... so many games to buy. 

Nier Automata caught me by surprise didn't think they would ever do a Switch version after waiting so long.

Agreed on both counts. I have Nier on PS4. The certainly looked like something the Switch could run but the game didn't seem that optimized IMO. I still haven't completed my Blue Lions run on Three Hopes yet. I don't need any more Switch rpg's right now.

Side note: For anyone with Three Hopes, I don't think is a spoiler but I'll be on the safe side.

Spoiler

You can recruit Byleth but you have to be careful. Through out the game you get "strategies" that allow you recruit characters from other Houses. The Byleth mission doesn't do that. Not only that, you typically get mission objective prompts to tell what task needs to be done. On the Byleth recruitment chapter, you have to be wary of that. The mission has special conditions that if you don't meet will prompt a  "Defeat Byleth" task and if you do it will cause a snowball effect that locks you out of recruiting Byleth and out of the best ending.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Monado Bois! - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 7/29
Just now, Sonichuman said:

These things bout to go for some really dumb prices for resale and it's just going to make me mad.

Yuuuuuuuup.

This shit has to end honestly. Ive never been more convinced that Brick & Mortar must stay, we can not transition to online shopping exclusively. It will not end well.

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yuuuuuuuup.

This shit has to end honestly. Ive never been more convinced that Brick & Mortar must stay, we can not transition to online shopping exclusively. It will not end well.

This would be less of an issue if Nintendo actually let other stores sell the damn thing.  Probably at least a 4th of the people trying to get this thing tomorrow probably don't even give a shit about XBC and are just trying to make a buck.

3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

This would be less of an issue if Nintendo actually let other stores sell the damn thing.  Probably at least a 4th of the people trying to get this thing tomorrow probably don't even give a shit about XBC and are just trying to make a buck.

Well thats exaclty it. Nintendos like "One per account!" as if these scalpers dont have multiple bot accounts no human can compete with.

The entire problem is that Nintnedo and a number of others dont seem to fucking care, and i'll go on a limb and say Nintendos the fucking worst about it. I aint never seen a company enable scalping worse then fucking Nintendo. I just want the Samus Returns Amiibo and the games DLC for fucks sake.

Edited by RSG3