Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Downloaded this fun little game called Boomerang Fu, that's a local multi-player. It's like Goldeneye meets Bomberman and is actually really really fun and a pretty simple game that kids could play. It doesn't have any online, only local multi-player and you can get up to 6 players in on it. There's even a demo you can download that is pretty fully featured for a demo. 

On 3/30/2021 at 2:48 PM, MillionX said:

...it still amazes me that Nintendo themselves haven't done official "NES theme" or "SNES" theme designs for the system, dock, and controllers... you know it would sell like crazy....I'd especially jump at SNES designs for the whole thing.

They probably never will. At least 8BitDo has done the original button colors justice on the SN30 Pro+, the Pro 2 though doesn't have a SNES/Super Famicom colorway yet that I've seen.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Next Stop, Lental Region!: New Pokémon Snap 4/30
  • iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Next Stop, Lental Region!: SaGa Frontier Remastered 4/15 - New Pokémon Snap 4/30
3 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I don't want a Switch Lite, but that is a nice looking console that if I ever did get one I would want that color.

I like that it’s such a dark blue it’s almost purple. 
I personally never plan on getting a Lite but the color assortment is nice. The pink one was tempting me just for the sake of it being pink. 

They should do a throwback Switch Lite where it’s clear like the old GBC

Edited by iStu X

It would've been so great if technology was at this point when I was a kid... I keep thinking of how great it would've been to take Switch everywhere with me as a kid... I absolutely would've been playing it in church while the pastor was preaching. (*for me, it was the Gameboy way back in those ancient times...funny that the adults in the church probably thought I was praying with everyone else but really...my head was down looking at a screen, while I continue kicking more foot clan dudes in TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan, or shooting things up in Operation C, or running through that old Batman game)  

Taking it to school would've been a problem, considering the low-class thug-wannabe scum I went to school with.  More than likely someone would've snatched it from me.

That blue (looks more purple-ish to me...) switch lite is alright---I'd prefer a darker or "royal blue" though.  It still puzzles me as to why there's not a LOT of color schemes on this system.  In the Gameboy and DS era, Nintendo was the king of the alternative design/"choose your color!" situation.  There were so many color/style variations of the older portables, I lost count....there was a little something for everyone there.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

It would've been so great if technology was at this point when I was a kid... I keep thinking of how great it would've been to take Switch everywhere with me as a kid... I absolutely would've been playing it in church while the pastor was preaching. (*for me, it was the Gameboy way back in those ancient times...funny that the adults in the church probably thought I was praying with everyone else but really...my head was down looking at a screen, while I continue kicking more foot clan dudes in TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan, or shooting things up in Operation C, or running through that old Batman game)  

Taking it to school would've been a problem, considering the low-class thug-wannabe scum I went to school with.  More than likely someone would've snatched it from me.

That blue (looks more purple-ish to me...) switch lite is alright---I'd prefer a darker or "royal blue" though.  It still puzzles me as to why there's not a LOT of color schemes on this system.  In the Gameboy and DS era, Nintendo was the king of the alternative design/"choose your color!" situation.  There were so many color/style variations of the older portables, I lost count....there was a little something for everyone there.

Hell, my N3DS has Pokémon face-plates, even.

And they barely released that classy little modern marvel Stateside.

20 hours ago, JHDK said:

Hell, my N3DS has Pokémon face-plates, even.

And they barely released that classy little modern marvel Stateside.

Most of the faceplates the smaller NN3DS had never even came state side. It’s sad cause there were some amazing faceplates 

unrelated, here’s the Nindies direct from this morning. 

I wound up picking up Rival Megagun over the weekend and finally got around to checking it out. Game is fun af. If you don't remember, it's that 1 vs 1 shmup where you build meter by chaining enemy kills and you can put that towards your character's special move or fill the meter totally and transform into a mega ship and attack your opponent directly. It's on sale for $7.50 right now and if anyone else is interested in playing it, let me know because it really is a good time. 

Edited by DoctaMario
On 4/15/2021 at 12:14 PM, Wellman said:

As great as the Switch is, I know because of the system and how it is made that is the reason they don't have as many colorful or interesting designs on the main body.

They are losing money IMO not making customizable or more specially designed docks available.

Honestly, I think it comes down to Nintendo needing every bit of manufacturing capacity they can get. They are trying, and despite the sales, failing to keep up with demand. Except for the Lite. It only sells well when the standard model is out of stock. I think the way it's selling is why there aren't as many special versions of the console.

2 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

picked up a 512gb MicroSD card for the Switch, along with a copy of New Pokemon Snap from Amazon. Are there any guidelines to follow regarding moving all of my games over from my 400gb one?

No. Not really. At least for me there wasn’t. I just swapped Micro SD cards and redownloaded everything. 

im sure there’s a super easy way to just drag and click but I’m lazy. Lol

Also, while house sitting for some friends I’ve been playing Luigi’s Mansion 3. I started playing it mid last year and then just kinda forgot. It’s an really good title and when it comes to first party titles I’d definitely call it an underrated gem. 

it’s definitely a tad on the easy size but it’s still a great game 

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Next Stop, the Lental Region!: New Pokémon Snap 4/30 - Famicom Detective Club duo 5/15
39 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

The main issue I have is probably gonna be with Animal Crossing. If I have to start the island over, I'm more than likely sleeping outside for the next month.

AFAIK all game save data is saved to the actual system and not the SD cards. ACNH also supports cloud saves now, iirc. 

if anything call Nintendo support and have them walk you through it. Their customer service center is the best I’ve ever interacted with. Absolutely top notch. 

Edited by iStu X
On 3/31/2021 at 7:32 PM, DoctaMario said:

Downloaded this fun little game called Boomerang Fu, that's a local multi-player.

I was wondering what that game was. 

On 3/31/2021 at 7:32 PM, DoctaMario said:

It's like Goldeneye meets Bomberman and is actually really really fun and a pretty simple game that kids could play.

this sounds like what my friends and I would do on the 64. We’d do 4-player death match, sensor mines only at the complex. (With screen partitions of course) 

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Next Stop, the Lental Region!: New Pokémon Snap 4/30 - Famicom Detective Club 5/14
5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Mines was best but Snappy was fun. Me my friends and I made a Spy Vs Spy game type for Goldeneye. Don't remember the set up tho. 

I loved mines a lot. Sensor and remote mine hide and seek was the best. But whenever we wanted to truly settle golden eye beefs we’d do slappies 

15 hours ago, iStu X said:

No. Not really. At least for me there wasn’t. I just swapped Micro SD cards and redownloaded everything. 

im sure there’s a super easy way to just drag and click but I’m lazy. Lol

Also, while house sitting for some friends I’ve been playing Luigi’s Mansion 3. I started playing it mid last year and then just kinda forgot. It’s an really good title and when it comes to first party titles I’d definitely call it an underrated gem. 

it’s definitely a tad on the easy size but it’s still a great game 

I've had Luigi's Mansion on my wishlist for awhile but it's always so damn expensive. Might try to emulate an earlier game in the series and try it out first. 

But yeah, Boomerang Fu is fun and could get pretty hype if you played it with the right friends.

14 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I remember playing Golden Eye, throwing knives only, in the basement.

We used to play Proxy Mines in the Basement and man, those were the dirtiest and  bloodiest games we'd ever play. Lots of yelling and scaring the shit out of each other because we'd pit them on ceilings, on the body armor, right around the good weapons, etc. 😂 

License To Kill with pistols was what separated the men from the boys tho. 

I agree, I have heard people ask for this, and a better game, but to patch in online this late is crazy and I sincerely believe somebody or bodies love this game so much with the upcoming lockdown of the major metropolitan areas before the Olympics someone high up either made it or had it commissioned.

ended up walking back both the upgraded MicroSD card and NPS from Amazon. I am going to try to decide this week on whether or not to pick up Pokemon Snap from Walmart once bills clear, but first that stuff needs to be taken care of. 

On a lesser note, I've not really touched my Switch outside of a couple of hours testing my patienc  err playing Smash online as of late.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

IIRC the original Pokemon Snap didn't have the original 150 in it either so I didn't expect the new one to have anywhere close to how many there are now.

Iirc there were around 60 something on the original. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. At least in today's era there is always the option left for DLC later

Edited by locoghoul
3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

IIRC the original Pokemon Snap didn't have the original 150 in it either so I didn't expect the new one to have anywhere close to how many there are now.

Yeah I know. But there’s almost 1000 Pokémon now. Not even 250 seems silly to me. Dont get me wrong, I was never expecting the full roster of Pokémon. That’s fucking dumb. But 250 seems like we’re being short changed.

If it was around the 400-500 range than I’d day one it no question. But for now I’m just gunna wait to see if any free updates come out that bump the count up. 

Edited by iStu X