Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Next Stop, Lental Region!: SaGa Frontier Remastered 4/15 - New Pokémon Snap 4/30

Downloaded this fun little game called Boomerang Fu, that's a local multi-player. It's like Goldeneye meets Bomberman and is actually really really fun and a pretty simple game that kids could play. It doesn't have any online, only local multi-player and you can get up to 6 players in on it. There's even a demo you can download that is pretty fully featured for a demo. 

On 3/30/2021 at 2:48 PM, MillionX said:

...it still amazes me that Nintendo themselves haven't done official "NES theme" or "SNES" theme designs for the system, dock, and controllers... you know it would sell like crazy....I'd especially jump at SNES designs for the whole thing.

They probably never will. At least 8BitDo has done the original button colors justice on the SN30 Pro+, the Pro 2 though doesn't have a SNES/Super Famicom colorway yet that I've seen.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Next Stop, Lental Region!: New Pokémon Snap 4/30

The magnamalo amiibo is a big chungus. The only thing I don’t understand is why they didn’t give it a bigger base like how they did with Detective Pikachu. It being on a standard amiibo base really hurts the quality, IMO. 

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Next Stop, Lental Region!: SaGa Frontier Remastered 4/15 - New Pokémon Snap 4/30
1 minute ago, Wellman said:

I don't want a Switch Lite, but that is a nice looking console that if I ever did get one I would want that color.

I love my yellow one.

It is very subtle and classy, in real life.

3 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I don't want a Switch Lite, but that is a nice looking console that if I ever did get one I would want that color.

I like that it’s such a dark blue it’s almost purple. 
I personally never plan on getting a Lite but the color assortment is nice. The pink one was tempting me just for the sake of it being pink. 

They should do a throwback Switch Lite where it’s clear like the old GBC

Edited by iStu X

It would've been so great if technology was at this point when I was a kid... I keep thinking of how great it would've been to take Switch everywhere with me as a kid... I absolutely would've been playing it in church while the pastor was preaching. (*for me, it was the Gameboy way back in those ancient times...funny that the adults in the church probably thought I was praying with everyone else but really...my head was down looking at a screen, while I continue kicking more foot clan dudes in TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan, or shooting things up in Operation C, or running through that old Batman game)  

Taking it to school would've been a problem, considering the low-class thug-wannabe scum I went to school with.  More than likely someone would've snatched it from me.

That blue (looks more purple-ish to me...) switch lite is alright---I'd prefer a darker or "royal blue" though.  It still puzzles me as to why there's not a LOT of color schemes on this system.  In the Gameboy and DS era, Nintendo was the king of the alternative design/"choose your color!" situation.  There were so many color/style variations of the older portables, I lost count....there was a little something for everyone there.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

It would've been so great if technology was at this point when I was a kid... I keep thinking of how great it would've been to take Switch everywhere with me as a kid... I absolutely would've been playing it in church while the pastor was preaching. (*for me, it was the Gameboy way back in those ancient times...funny that the adults in the church probably thought I was praying with everyone else but really...my head was down looking at a screen, while I continue kicking more foot clan dudes in TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan, or shooting things up in Operation C, or running through that old Batman game)  

Taking it to school would've been a problem, considering the low-class thug-wannabe scum I went to school with.  More than likely someone would've snatched it from me.

That blue (looks more purple-ish to me...) switch lite is alright---I'd prefer a darker or "royal blue" though.  It still puzzles me as to why there's not a LOT of color schemes on this system.  In the Gameboy and DS era, Nintendo was the king of the alternative design/"choose your color!" situation.  There were so many color/style variations of the older portables, I lost count....there was a little something for everyone there.

Hell, my N3DS has Pokémon face-plates, even.

And they barely released that classy little modern marvel Stateside.