Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

22 hours ago, iStu X said:

Yeah I know. But there’s almost 1000 Pokémon now. Not even 250 seems silly to me. Dont get me wrong, I was never expecting the full roster of Pokémon. That’s fucking dumb. But 250 seems like we’re being short changed.

If it was around the 400-500 range than I’d day one it no question. But for now I’m just gunna wait to see if any free updates come out that bump the count up. 

Looking at this objectively...the fact that Pokemon Snap was even a thing in the first place is crazy enough as it is and that Nintendo even considered making a sequel for it some time later considering how extremely niche the title is crazy in itself.  I mean if the game is actually successful enough to warrant it like someone said then maybe they'll actually consider putting more levels and pokemon in as dlc.  Not expecting it though.  Regardless of it being Pokemon or not you're still just taking pictures, if somehow manages to break top 10 overall and stay in top 10 for another month I'll be impressed.

Edited by Sonichuman
46 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Looking at this objectively...the fact that Pokemon Snap was even a thing in the first place is crazy enough that it is and that Nintendo even considered making a sequel for it some time later considering how extremely niche the title is crazy in itself. 

That’s fine. I loved Snap as a kid and I still love Snap. But it feels like GameFreak and TPC doing the bare minimum again. I’m don’t really like the idea of supporting that. 

I mean if the game is actually successful enough to warrant it like someone said then maybe they'll actually consider putting more levels and pokemon in as dlc. 

Unless this happens. 

Regardless of it being Pokemon or not you're still just taking pictures, if somehow manages to break top 10 overall and stay in top 10 for another month I'll be impressed.

I know it will, it’s Pokémon. I’m not telling people what to enjoy or how to enjoy it. I’m saying in its current form I’m on the fence about supporting it. 

Edited by iStu X

Pokemon peeked long ago with Diamond and Pearl. 
The series was never intended to go pass Gold and Silver and Nintendo/Game Freak always put the bare minimum in a non-mainstream Pokemon titles. 
Last Pokemon sidegame they put effort into was Pokemon TCG for the Gameboy Color. 

The Original Snap was already lazy as fuck, you think the new Snap is going to be any different? 

3 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

watch them add them in...as paid DLC 

Unless it stays top of the sales charts for months, I don't see it happening. 

20 hours ago, iStu X said:

That’s fine. I loved Snap as a kid and I still love Snap. But it feels like GameFreak and TPC doing the bare minimum again. I’m don’t really like the idea of supporting that. 

You are right, but it works in their favor as if they give out something too good they may not be able to match it in the future. Even with New Pokemon Snap they hired out the Bandai Namco team that previously worked on Pokken Tournament to actually develop the game. I honestly would guess the development time hasn't been that long (ie 2 years) .

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. MiiMiiMiiMii!: Famicom Detective Club 5/14 - Miitopia 5/21

The Makeup and Wig features are one of the best things about Miitopia. I'm loving what players are doing. I may have to make that EA logo myself since no one has gotten on it yet. M. Bison as the Dark Lord would be too predictable so I went with Dan.  If you have amiibos you can get clothes or tickets. I scanned one of my Kirby's and got a Kirby hat! I scanned my Captain Falcon and as expected, I did not get a helmet, but a lousy ticket because Nintendo is on that IDGAF about F-ZERO.

It still has a way bigger focus on it then the other consoles bro. There is so much retro stuff on Switch I can't get elsewhere. Currently the Switch is the only place to get the Capcom Colloseum for example. Huge collection of retro arcade releases and still currently Switch Exclusive. Only place you can legally play ProGear for example. 

Other consoles are doing retro but no ones really doing it with such an emphasis as the Switch. 

Still wouldn't call it a Retro Console tho. Big part of its market appeal but not exactly a major focus of developers. It's not exactly a pillar of the console I mean. 

Edited by RSG3
17 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

You had me thinking RE Village was coming to Switch for a second 😂

I probably would buy it if it ever did come to Switch.

That being said, I did the base rare double-game purchase the other day from Gamestop's website. Ended up picking up Raiden IV, and since I had a $100 limit; I ended up getting New Pokemon Snap as well. Figured it'd be a game I could get my grandson to try, if anything.

I keep trying to get back into Xenoblade Chronicles. I’m right before I get Dunban but god the pacing in the beginning of this game is so slow. I’m having a hard time paying attention to what’s going on. I kinda wanna hop to another title. I just don’t know what that title would be. 

Edit: I forgot the the Age of Calamity DLC comes out  next month. I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Edited by iStu X
  • iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v.Mii, Myself and I: Famicom Detective Club 5/14 - Miitopia 5/21
4 hours ago, iStu X said:

I keep trying to get back into Xenoblade Chronicles. I’m right before I get Dunban but god the pacing in the beginning of this game is so slow. I’m having a hard time paying attention to what’s going on. I kinda wanna hop to another title. I just don’t know what that title would be. 

Edit: I forgot the the Age of Calamity DLC comes out  next month. I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Yeah don't worry about the story of Xenoblade Chronicles DE early on, they repeat everything and the story is fairly predictable until you get to the jungle area mid way through. Although if the game play isn't grabbing you that maybe a problem cause that doesn't really improve throughout the game other then the thrill of going back to various areas and kicking asses of named super enemies that may or may not have terrorized you before.

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

Yeah don't worry about the story of Xenoblade Chronicles DE early on, they repeat everything and the story is fairly predictable until you get to the jungle area mid way through. Although if the game play isn't grabbing you that maybe a problem cause that doesn't really improve throughout the game other then the thrill of going back to various areas and kicking asses of named super enemies that may or may not have terrorized you before.

Naw. I have no issues with the gameplay. Just there’s huge gaps in story progression due to how the games world works. Which isn’t a bad thing. I love how vast and open it is. Sometimes it’s just too fast and open. There’s been instances lately where I just wanna get to point a to point b.

part of it may be my fault though. I generally never leave an area until I get every quest done. I need to work on my affinity trees too. I’ve done none of them. Lol

Edited by iStu X
14 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

You mean Colony 6? 
Otharon also served in the first war on the Mechon and is a solder first and a person like 7th.

My bad on the wrong colony, though I really dgaf. I also Idgaf about the other stuff. Doesn’t give him a right to be a cunt to others. Constantly calling Shulk “boy” and calling Sharla “medic” is just unnecessarily rude 

Edited by iStu X
9 hours ago, iStu X said:

Constantly calling Shulk “boy” and calling Sharla “medic” is just unnecessarily rude 

It's his character, Shulk in his eyes didn't rate to be called by his name by Otharon. He didn't earn the right to be recognized by name yet.
Respect is earned not given, especially from people like Otharon. Far as Otharon is concern Shulk is now boy and Shulk will answer by boy when he calls him so.

Calling Sharla "Medic" is just calling here what she is a medic. Otharon is very much a solder, and that's how they are especially on the battlefield. Calling Sharla "Medic" is short and to the point, addressing her as her role is to establish what is expected of her. To Otharon Sharla got respect as she is the medic, she actually useful. 

Shulk on the otherhand is the typical anime/video game protagonist who regardless how chosen you are, what special abilities you have or what you achieved gets shat on anyways by the old veterans as they haven't seen you do shit yet. 

Were talking about a old man who probably has PTSD from first war on the Mechon. He going to be old, crotchety, and yells at Cloud. 

Edited by DarkSakul

I don’t like how everyone in the party just shits on Reyn. He’s asking questions that literally EVERYONE should be asking and everyone just looks at him likes he’s mentally retarded or mocks him for asking something so “stupid.”

like, bruh, he’s asking shit like a normal ass person would. He’s this games POV character for the player. 

Riki is awesome though. He’s probably my favorite character. I just like the Nopon’s in general. They’re super cute and funny. Them speaking in 3rd person is also the best. 

But with Riki I love that His back story is

I’m the legendary hero of my people but also 

283D3180-3881-4833-9C6C-9617FBDCC95A.gif.7daa0e3ce1c0b7dd68eda501c19b930d.gif

Edited by iStu X
On 5/11/2021 at 2:50 AM, iStu X said:

I don’t like how everyone in the party just shits on Reyn. He’s asking questions that literally EVERYONE should be asking and everyone just looks at him likes he’s mentally retarded or mocks him for asking something so “stupid.”

Well Reyn is the too quick to anger muscle head that is fucking annoying to the rest of the party. 

Yes they made him that dumb so he ask the questions the player/audience would ask as it would be better to have a dumb-ass like Reyn instead of narration to do all the exposition. 

On 5/11/2021 at 2:50 AM, iStu X said:

like, bruh, he’s asking shit like a normal ass person would. He’s this games POV character for the player. 

No he isn't. He does not talk like a normal person. But he the exposition dump character so we don't have to hear a narrator or have to read whole paragraphs of text.

He litterally a plot device, and to round out the party as the muscle of the group, thats all. 

21 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I like all the characters in XBC, but I dropped Sharla real fast once Riki picked up his healing skill. I get why they would nerf her being a healer with gun but that cool down shit got old compared to Riki who if equipped even modestly is a support tank.

Yeah. My main team right now Shulk/Dunban/Riki. I really like it. It’s a good mix of offense and support. 

I also have two double attack IV on Shulk so he gets a 60% chance of double attack going off. And all his skill tree abilities are agility and strength. He’s more of a tank than Dunban. But I have Dunban just aggro everything so I can backslash everything without worry. 

55 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Why are all the female High Entians super fucking racist lol

The whole society is prone to ignorance due to their isolationism.

Spoiler

You are the clear cut technology powerhouse of your "world" yet didn't think to team up with the other societies to fight invaders or even reveal yourself to provide them better weapons until the enemy already made major foot holds? 

I wanna get back into level crafting in Super Mario Maker 2. Last I played, I was working on a world of SMB3 levels. But I find it hard to create if my heart isn't in it.

I'm looking forward to Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Goul Patrol! I hope for a physical copy and yes, we can have those.!!!

Spoiler

Excited Well Done GIF by chelsiekenyon

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/stone-cold-classics-zombies-ate-my-neighbors-and-ghoul-patrol-will-reanimate-this-summer-628850.phtml

From Limited Run Games.

Spoiler

Spongebob Squarepants Thumbs Down GIF

Looks like I'll be waiting a while to get a physical copy.

I’m still plugging away at Xenoblade Chronicle Definitive. I just got to Sword Valley. Everything is finally cohesive and I feel like the story finally matters as events are happening at a steady rate now. 

My team is still Shulk/Dunban/Riki. I’ve built Shulk to just backstab for huge damage with the shadow eye + back slash combo. Whenever he can’t get de-aggro’ed I also have to where his auto attack has 60% of doing a double strike. I also have a bunch of agility buffs via skill tree so he can dodge even more attacks 

Dunban buffs the party with aura’s and then just tanks. I have him built to where he just aggros the fuck out of everything so Shulk can freely backstab. He’s also a hit sponge by way of tons of defense and agility gems. The best part about him is a lot of his offensive moves are like Reyn’s but way better. And he can Break Topple on his own. Which helps even more with backstabbing 

(I know Reyn is meant to aggro everything and does it better than Dunban but I don’t wanna hear “NOW ITS REYN TIME!” And “HOW GOOD ARE WE?! every 5 seconds) 

I have Riki do a lot of AOE damage and then heal as needed. I kinda made him an all-rounder. Like Wellman mentions he makes a great support tank. So that’s essentially what I made him in to. 

Edited by iStu X
  • iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v.Mii, Miiself and I: Miitopia 5/21 - SMT III Nocturne Remastered 5/25
On 5/13/2021 at 3:05 PM, iStu X said:

Riki is best boy and Melia is best girl. 

that said, I made Reyn look like an absolute chad. So whenever he says something fucking stupid I laugh my ass off cause it perfectly fits the outfit 

5D09749D-B6E9-485E-B64C-245C63E2255F.jpeg

Love fashion wear in DE, I can put glasses on everyone and they all look fantastic.