Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

So I basically 1:1 transfered over the thread. @misterBee is going to clean it up a bit. Should be good after that. 

The Fire Emblem rerelease is dope but its fucking doodoo stupid that Nintendo is doing this Disney Vault shit with it, SMB35 and SMB 3D All Stars. 

They're doing everything they can to make as much bank before the fiscal yer is over despite the fact they've absolutely fucking dominated this year thanks to animal crossing. 

Nintendo's greed is showing and it really sucks and it's disheartening.

Edited by iStu X
22 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Wait.. FE isn't going to be available digitally afterwards?  I thought only the limited edition was limited.

Correct. It’s going to be removed from the eShop at on 4/1/21

(At the bottom highlighted in blue) 

limited edition is up for preorder though. 

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/fire-emblem-30th-anniversary-edition/11111007.html?condition=New

i preordered a copy but I don’t even k ow if I’ll keep the preorder. If I do I’ll just scalp it to someone on eBay. Mwuahahaha 

Edited by iStu X
23 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Correct. It’s going to be removed from the eShop at on 4/1/21

(At the bottom highlighted in blue) 

limited edition is up for preorder though. 

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/fire-emblem-30th-anniversary-edition/11111007.html?condition=New

i preordered a copy but I don’t even k ow if I’ll keep the preorder. If I do I’ll just scalp it to someone on eBay. Mwuahahaha 

This is...UNBELIEVABLY DUMB.  This is actually even more dumb than the Super Mario 3D Allstars situation since there isn't a physical game involved that is gonna be put in circulation.  I like FE but I don't like it enough to spend 5.99 on an old digital NES game thats going to support this tomfoolery.  I was gonna buy the game despite probably barely being able to play it but now I'm good.

Edit:  The more I think about it the more dumb it feels.  They spent time and money doing their own translation of the game...why in the hell from a business perspective would you not want to make maximum profit for your effort.  Fuckin BLOWS MY MIND right now.

Edited by Sonichuman

Nintendo deadass selling people games that they had access to for AT LEAST 10+ years and making them limited editions... for digital copies too.

I ain't even mad, this hustle is Pokémon/EA/2K tier. Buying that is straight up laughable and you can bet some absolute moron will drop the cash for it. 

Anyone wanna guess what's the next game on the Limited train? 🤣

42 minutes ago, MillionX said:

this "limited time" nonsense in the industry is some bullshit that needs to be stomped out before it becomes a major trend.  

Have you not heard of limited run games? They build a small empire based of this dumb shit. 

The whole approach they take is very manipulative. It’s why I refuse to support them. 

i have no issues posting about them because I get WHY people like them and like supporting them. But I won’t support them financially. 

Edited by iStu X
5 hours ago, Volt said:

Epona_USA_2.gif

IN

Excellent work on the OP. @iStu X

thanks man. It’s more or less the exact same one I made on REDACTED. But I still appreciate the kind words. I had put a lot of work into the thread since the switch was announced in ‘17. I didn’t want it going to waste or falling into the ether. 

It was also heavily requested by several people that one be made and I wanted to do it before someone else did. 

4 hours ago, Illwill88 said:

@iStu X good shit on the OP.

I hadn't seen the disgaea 6 trailer till now and I'm super in for that I still need to beat 4

Thanks bro. 

Gematsu actually covered a bunch of new I do about the game yesterday. Here’s the link. 

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/10/disgaea-6-defiance-of-destiny-details-new-main-and-generic-characters-auto-battle-more

Edited by iStu X

That limited availability for Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light is whack AF but I'm still gonna drop that 6 clams for it. Been wanting to check out the earlier FE games. The 30th Anniversary Edition is mega awesome but I'm not enough of a diehard FE fan to drop the cash on it.

You can pet the dog in the new Monster Hunter? Aces. You can also pet Ceberus in Hades. I do it every time before starting a new run if he's there. He's the best three headed boy, yes he is, yes he is!

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread! v. For a Limited Time Only - Pikmin 3 Deluxe 10/30 - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity 11/20
31 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I just watched the trailer for CC and wtf man. Absolute madness. 

Crimzon Clover is fantastic. Shmups of the decade imo, and im not even that big on Bullet Hell, but CC is fucking satisfying, rewarding, and just over all a great time. 

Has a wonderful Novice mode to, an easy mode that actually prepares you for what comes next. 

57 minutes ago, hanzohattori12 said:

Would’ve been nice to have Ketsui on the switch. Saw a cat on YouTube called Baltimore Retro Gaming playing and hyping CC up not too long ago, so I might just pick it up.

Edit: Has The Messenger ever been discounted for this system? Not trying to pay full price.

Ketsui would be cool, but I'd rather see more of CAVES obscure titles. It was great for ESP to finally have a home release, and it would be great to see Ibara get a modern release that isn't all fucked up visually like the PS2 release is. 

It's kind of funny that the an old jp Fire Emblem game is getting  a translated release before Mother 3. I know Fire Emblem is a smaller flag ship title for Nintendo now, but wasn't the Earthbound and Mother (Earthbound Beginnings) release for the Wii U at least somewhat successful? Maybe Mother 3 is the next game in line for the "limited release" foolery.

19 hours ago, globe said:

It's kind of funny that the an old jp Fire Emblem game is getting  a translated release before Mother 3. I know Fire Emblem is a smaller flag ship title for Nintendo now, but wasn't the Earthbound and Mother (Earthbound Beginnings) release for the Wii U at least somewhat successful? Maybe Mother 3 is the next game in line for the "limited release" foolery.

I don't think that series ever did super well. Plus it's something of project related to a creator that isn't a normal game maker but a celebrity writer. I suspect they are on good enough terms they want to avoid messing with his vision which the localization probably would require due to some stuff in the game.

Edited by Wellman
9 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

This shouldn't be locked behind a subscriber wall imo. Do what you think is best tho. 

I would love to give it to everyone but uploading images could become very storage and bandwidth intensive if the site scales up in size.

I don't plan on having ads and pay out of my own pocket so this is a balance that keeps costs manageable.  Sorry!

6 hours ago, misterBee said:

I would love to give it to everyone but uploading images could become very storage and bandwidth intensive if the site scales up in size.

I don't plan on having ads and pay out of my own pocket so this is a balance that keeps costs manageable.  Sorry!

It is what it is man.