Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

I've finally gotten ahold of Blade Arcus Rebellion from Shining, which have Shining Force characters at the ready. I like it, I guess, and comes with characters from the automatic DLC update. It is by the same developers of Blade Strangers. I should by Shining Resonance Refrain.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Blasphemy! 😮

I hate his in battle dialogue but I also genuinely feel bad for him. Literally everyone shits on him and he constantly shits on himself. He’s like super confident in battle but has no confidence outside of battle cause he constantly calls himself stupid and useless and not as good as the others. 

I mean fuck one of his end battle dialogues is “I bet you’re glad I was here!….right?…right guys?!” and no one responds to him. 

not to mention all the times I mentioned earlier where he asks legitimate questions everyone should be asking whether it’s to the bionis or the situation at hand and the party looks at him like he’s mentally retarded 

I hope he gets his moment in the game and just becomes an absolute bad ass cause he’s my least favorite character outside of Sharla. 

and my issue with Sharla is every time she compliments Reyn it’s “you’re just like my boyfriend” even though she clearly wants to be on the Reyn Time Variety  Hour. Quit being a cunt and comparing him to some dude that’s presumably dead. 

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

Love fashion wear in DE, I can put glasses on everyone and they all look fantastic.

I only have them on Reyn right now. I kinda have everyone dressed in a certain theme. Except Riki. He’s basically perfect in his default look but he is wearing pink shorts because pink shorts. 

oh, unrelated but Shulk is an absolutely shit tier protag. I hate him. He constantly lies to everyone about his visions. Which obviously is shitty. He even promised the party he would talk to everyone when he had the visions so they could figure out the best course of action to stop the vision. Yet, he still doesn’t tell them about the vision as a whole. Just bits a pieces, if even that. 

fuck Shulk 

Edited by iStu X
19 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

I guess the Street Fighter EX series offers it's nostalgic purposes. 

I will give the free version a shot, I actually have no nostalgia for the EX franchise besides being aware of Skullomania but I love fighting games despite not having the skill hell I got like 80% of the major non free fighting games on the Switch.

Still plugging away on XBC. I haven’t played much today cause I’ve been doing things around the house but, I’m about to go onto the Mechonis. 

Before I go on it though I want to try to get as many of the 4th skill trees as I can. I have Dunban’s and Melia’s and I’m currently working on Riki’s. The others sound like kind of a pain (especially fucking Shulks) but almost everyone has their default skill trees maxed and I don’t want to waste precious SP on nothing. 

Edited by iStu X

I will give the free version a shot, I actually have no nostalgia for the EX franchise besides being aware of Skullomania but I love fighting games despite not having the skill hell I got like 80% of the major non free fighting games on the Switch.

I've spent up to 500 dollars worth of fighting games and chess problem solving games also for the system, but can't re-obtain what I've lost. I find it more preferable to just spend my days by wanting to be amused and relish the company of those that are precious to me. 

1 hour ago, hanzohattori12 said:

The homie at work just gave me a brand new copy of Octopath Traveler. Any tips?

Start with Thief, IMO. You get a lot of great items and equipment early thanks to his pickpocket and chess unlocking skills. 

Primrose on the surface is shitty but the dancer class is arguably the best class in the game. 

Take your time learning the weapon/element combat system. It seems simple but it can be pretty deep. 

Power leveling early game is fairly easy via the Cait’s. 

Edited by iStu X
14 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Start with Thief, IMO. You get a lot of great items and equipment early thanks to his pickpocket and chess unlocking skills. 

Primrose on the surface is shitty but the dancer class is arguably the best basic class in the game. 

Take your time learning the weapon/element combat system. It seems simple but it can be pretty deep. 

Grinding is fairly easy via the Cait’s. 

ALWAYS start with Therion.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v.🎶 Do you wanna build a Metroidvania? 🎶 - SMT III Nocturne Remastered 5/25 - Game Builder Garage 6/11

E3 better give me a date on Switch Pro cause i have been holding to buy a regular one for so long (currently have a Lite). My nephew is growing up and it is sad to see him watch youtuve videos of NSMB for the Wii lol cause thats what he plays at his friends house. My sister cant afford to buy him one so I want to buy one for him but will prefer the better system if there really is one coming up. I already got 3D All Stars to lend him

1 hour ago, locoghoul said:

E3 better give me a date on Switch Pro cause i have been holding to buy a regular one for so long (currently have a Lite). My nephew is growing up and it is sad to see him watch youtuve videos of NSMB for the Wii lol cause thats what he plays at his friends house. My sister cant afford to buy him one so I want to buy one for him but will prefer the better system if there really is one coming up. I already got 3D All Stars to lend him

Unfortunately the idea of a Switch upgrade this year is unlikely. Between the pandemic messing with chip manufacturing and the fact that Nintendo is selling so well they can't keep up, there are stronger reasons not to bring one out. 

While improved everything is fine, I really want Joycon or controllers that don't drift.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. E3 Direct…SOON - SMT III Nocturne Remastered 5/25 - Game Builder Garage 6/11
11 hours ago, Wellman said:

Unfortunately the idea of a Switch upgrade this year is unlikely. Between the pandemic messing with chip manufacturing and the fact that Nintendo is selling so well they can't keep up, there are stronger reasons not to bring one out. 

While improved everything is fine, I really want Joycon or controllers that don't drift.

I just have to wait for an announcement. If they dont say a thing or say coming in Spring 2022 then Ill know

On 5/22/2021 at 9:10 PM, RSG3 said:

I wish a mother fucker would....even tho I own the Saturn version...

I never got to play Batsugun and many other Toaplan shooters. An Arcade Archives for that game should have happened long time ago. I also haven't played R-Type Delta. The amount of SHMUPs that haven't come to the Switch yet kills me.

sad winnie the pooh GIF

8 hours ago, iStu X said:

How many chapters is XBC Definitive? I don’t remember the original dragging out for this long. 

Including the prologue and final boss sections 18-19. Yeah that last dungeon really makes you enjoy the ending almost as much as when you finally get out of the mine.

Including the prologue and final boss sections 18-19. Yeah that last dungeon really makes you enjoy the ending almost as much as when you finally get out of the mine.

I just got the chapter 15 after the Mechonis wakes up. 

On 5/22/2021 at 2:21 PM, RegH81 said:

I thought Dariusburst: Another Chronicle EX+ was coming out in late June. Checked the release date and it is on June 11th! Cotton Reboot! is late June. Man, the Switch for SHMUPs is like the second coming of the SEGA Saturn. Can we get Batsugun on this thing already? A remaster of R-Type Delta? R-Type LEO? 

Give It To Me Want GIF

XBC goes on for fucking ever. I’m honestly burnt out on playing it. I know I only have like 2 chapters left. But god damn. 

There’s no way I 100%this. I doubt I’ll even do the epilogue. I just want to be done

edit: Sharla is pissing me off. I’m trying to kill a named enemy and she just randomly decides to stop healing the party. Every time I subsequently load my file to refight it the result is the same. She just doesn’t want to heal. 

THE WHOLE GOD DAMN REASON YOU EXIST IS TO BE A MEDIC AND YOURE DOING A SHIT JOB AT IT, SHARLA! Othoran was right to not even call you by your name you fucking worthless piece of shit

Edited by iStu X

For some reason I got a jones to play DMC1 and it turned out it was on sale in the eshop, so I bought it and man, this game still holds up. Vibe wise I think it may be my favorite in the series and the combat, while not as robust as 3-5, is pretty satisfying and well done. The guns in particular feel awesome in this game, especially the Shotgun which has never felt this good again imo. 

However, I looked at the xmb ony Switch and realized that outside of SamSho7, almost all the games I've been playing are games that were on older consoles. I bought a brand new current gen console and almost all I'm playing are old games, the newest being one from the ps3 era  😂

11 hours ago, iStu X said:

XBC goes on for fucking ever. I’m honestly burnt out on playing it. I know I only have like 2 chapters left. But god damn. 

There’s no way I 100%this. I doubt I’ll even do the epilogue. I just want to be done

edit: Sharla is pissing me off. I’m trying to kill a named enemy and she just randomly decides to stop healing the party. Every time I subsequently load my file to refight it the result is the same. She just doesn’t want to heal. 

THE WHOLE GOD DAMN REASON YOU EXIST IS TO BE A MEDIC AND YOURE DOING A SHIT JOB AT IT, SHARLA! Othoran was right to not even call you by your name you fucking worthless piece of shit

Weirdest thing to nerf your healing unit like that. Glad they abandoned that later on in the franchise. I don't remember if it was still in XCX but none of the characters that used the sniper rifle or the weapon itself really drew my attention and want to say most weapon classes may have had healing so you had options.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. E3 Direct Coming Soon: Game Builder Garage 6/11 - Mario Golf: Super Rush 6/25

Loving Octopath Traveler so far, even more so because it’s free. I started with Hannit, got Therion, stole the Golden Axe from the guy in Alyfn’s town, and have been grinding and learning the battle system ever since. I came across a Cait after finishing Therion’s intro, but the damn thing got away. I also made a side trip (through trial and error with a few lucky escapes) to unlock the Hunter as a secondary job. My boy wants me to play Bravely Default II, but I can’t get past the “chibi” looking style.

Edited by hanzohattori12

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe randomly got a 1.7.2 patch as well. I can’t find the patch notes anywhere though.  (Edit: I found them)

Ver. 1.7.2 (Released May 25, 2021)

Addressed an issue that caused tournament points to be reset.

Addressed an issue that caused match history with friends to be reset.

edit cause I don’t want to triple post like an asshole: Disgaea 6 has a demo available in the eShop

Edited by iStu X
  • iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. E3 Direct Hype!: Game Builder Garage 6/11 - Mario Golf: Super Rush 6/25