Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Samus returns!: Mario Golf Super Rush 6/25 - Monster Hunter Stories 7/9

As part of the big E3 eShop sale I picked up the complete version of Cardpocalypse (base game + 2 dlc campaigns) as well as Slay the Spire. 

I still have enough on my eShop account to get Legend of Mana too. So I’m happy. I’ll probably get Zombies Ate my Neighbors and DDLC+ when I get paid next month. 

Edited by iStu X
  • iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Our poor wallets…: Mario Golf Super Rush 6/25 - Monster Hunter Stories 7/9
On 6/14/2021 at 2:21 AM, Wellman said:

And as a reminder if you have not done so, DO NOT download the latest system update. It has borked my system so I can't download most updates for software or even demos. Haven't tried a game yet but I am not hopeful. After messing with it most of today mostly all I got it to do was update Capcom Arcade Stadium or whatever but everything else is fucked with this same error code. The games I have are still playable by canceled the update but demos like Game Builder Garage are unaccessible. My PA/vent before bed night all.

I can't get SamSho to download right now because I deleted it to reinstall thinking the update download was messed up. 

Edited by DoctaMario

i just downloaded Slay the Spire and Cardpocalyopse on my switch. Though it wasn’t the most convenient. 

click on the game icon. It’ll tell you there’s an error, read the error, back out, press resume download (start download? I don’t remember the name of the button) but DO NOT LEAVE THE DOWNLOAD MENU

itll download just fine. It takes a few clicks and it’s insanely dumb and needs to be fixed but you can still dl games and updates 

I’m going to change up the thread a bit. And by change it up a bit I mean delete everything but friend codes and upcoming titles/content. It’ll be easier for everyone to find trailers and less scrolling

im still going to save everything on a document in case I want to put parts of it back. I worked way to god damn hard on it to just Kazuya it into the ether 

Edited by iStu X

i'm slowly updating the OP. I'm doing it on my macbook for my own sanity since editing is so hard on mobile. The downside is typing on a tradition keyboard also really huts my left hand cause of the neuropathy. So it might take me a day or so to update the OP with all the e3 content. 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Yo so uh Mushihimesama just dropped on Switched for $19.99. Just snuck it's ass right onto the store. Holy shit. Espgaluda II is apperantly coming later this year to. 

This is the complete package to. Every game mode ever for Mushi is here, it's in full English. This is a fucking steal for $20. 

I saw the tweet and immediately bought $50 worth of eShop credit.

Anyways, Nintendo E3 was pretty entertaining for me. Kind of wish Mario Party was DLC instead of a full game, but looking at Mario Party's track record it isn't too surprising that it's a new game. Monkey Ball remake looking pretty good, I wonder how the remastered cut scenes in the story mode for SMB2 will look. I always wonder if they're just going to use the same songs or if there will be remixes. Monkey Ball's OST goes pretty hard,

I'll probably get WarioWare and Advance Wars at a discount/used. Lot of the other games will probably be day one purchases or close.

The scream Aki lets out when you die in Mushihimesama is the worst. It literally hurts my soul every time I die and I have to hear it. I'd say it is on the level of the crunching sound when you collide with something in the original Star Fox.

Didn't Mushihimesama have a sequel? And can we have it please? 

19 minutes ago, Wellman said:

While I know this isn't always the case with that word... I am leery when that word is used.

That's futanari. 

Futari loosly translates to "Dinosaur Dance Party."

So full title in English would be something like "Bug Princess Dinosaur Dance Party."

Least that's what I was told a while ago. Could be wrong. 

Edited by RSG3

I don’t see myself finishing XBC2. I haven’t played it in over a week and have no real want or need to play it. It’s just way too aggressively anime for me to enjoy it. 

it’s not that I hate anime or anime tropes or whatever but there’s just so much, so often, and constantly in your face. It makes it super hard for me to take the game seriously or have fun while playing.

Even battles are just people shouting shonen style quotes in super shonen ways. Rex even says “we’ll win this fight with the power of friendship.”

Fuck off with all that shonen garbage. I bet there’s a tournament arc too. 

The whole XBC2 experience for me has been incredibly jarring at worst and incredibly annoying at best. 

probably just gunna move onto something else. I just don’t know what. 

Edited by iStu X
20 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I mean, cool? Just the cons heavily outweighs the pros to me. So I don’t wanna play it anymore 

You may want to give Torna try. It's about 30 hours long. Has a better battle system and doesn't require playing XBC2 to understand.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I whole ass forgot the first wave of Age of Calamity DLC came out today. I’m about to fuck shit up with a Guardian. 

edit: or not. You don’t get the guardian right away. It seems like you have to unlock it or build via the EX Research Lab skill tree that’s given to you. 

Edited by iStu X
27 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Huh, some how my Switch is downloading again. I had a few matches in Samurai Showdown by just starting the software before buying the Three Houses DLC that is on sale. Wasn't expecting it to work now but it does and suddenly I am able to download stuff. 

Yeah, mine downloaded the age of calamity dlc with no issues. 

28 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Huh, some how my Switch is downloading again. I had a few matches in Samurai Showdown by just starting the software before buying the Three Houses DLC that is on sale. Wasn't expecting it to work now but it does and suddenly I am able to download stuff. 

I've literally refused to turn on my Switch until I heard yours was working okay. Time to test my luck. 🤣

28 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Okay, everything seems to be working okay. Damned sales are tempting me but I'm not buying any new games dammit....and if I do it's be Ratchet & Clank

I ended up getting the complete edition of Cardpocalypse as well as Slay the Spire. Card based games man, they’re so addicting. I don’t even wanna talk about how much time I’ve spent playing Culdcept 

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not helping Chad.....

I just got the hover boots which allow you to go super speed. And now I reached a level where in one dimension the planet is intact and the other dimension it's destroyed, and gravity is low so you jump super high. You have to switch between dimensions to get through it, so fucking sick.

Apparently Ninja Gaiden Master Collection's Sigma 2 and Razor Edge ports are garbage

I'm about to check out some other reviews to see if this is something said on other reviews but considering that this is coming from a Nintendo based outlet...I have a feeling that I'm going to be hearing the same problems.

Edit:

watched a couple more vids and it does seem that Sigma 2 and Razor's Edge do suffer from slow down  and at times some drastic dynamic resolution changes but each reviewer seems to be different in how severe it is with the video I put earlier being the most severe out of the 3 I've watched.   I'd like it if DF did a video on this but I don't know if this is even on their radar.

Edited by Sonichuman