Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

10 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I am giving up. For basically a digital code of a NES game with minor QoL tweeks and swag, I can't keep up with trying to locate where this is going to be.

I already have the game preordered anyway from the eShop. I wanted the remaining goodies outside of the game though.

Edit: probably could flip the game voucher for at least $15-$20 and get some of my money back if I somehow got one.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
blah
Just now, Sonichuman said:

It's just going to keep encouraging them to do this.

Oh yeah, I completely agree it encourages them. I'm curious as to why the Nintendo Online Store didn't have this to begin with, and instead decided to have fucking bloodbaths between Target and Gamestop over preorders. I do hope that Walmart here locally gets some of these, so I can extend the full finger yet again to Nintendo.

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

* the meditation room is just training mode. You can try out new characters, weapons, combos, etc. No items or xp are awarded. I can’t think of any Musou that has done this. 

Action games have been doing this for a while now so it's nice to see other Devs catching on. These kinds of games should probably have a mode of some kind like this going forward. I'm pretty much to the point where I dock points from action games for not having it. Should be a standard feature now imo. 

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

* Mipha plays exactly how everyone expected Princess Ruto to play in OG Hyrule Warriors. Mipha is super gratifying to play as. She’s a massive duck and dodge character. She seems pretty weak on the defensive side but with fountains in the right place you can weave her in and out of danger while doing huge damage no problem. 

I think she will be kinda garbage in 1v1 due to her play style but she will likely end up being the best crowd control and keep taker in the game. Not only is her weak point strike a massive AOE but her A-Special is also an AOE Heal. So she’s hella good. 

She can also do a psycho crusher. So she’s a great character all around. 

Yeah, you're going want to invest in Mipha...especially for the last two chapters!!

Apples in story missions are few and far in between.

I haven’t messed with Revali yet cause I’ve been doing recipe quests and link’s training montages. 

judging from looking at his chains when you first get him he’s going to be  the offensive form of Mipha. Just following the 5 rules of dodge ball while raining down hell fire

shits gunna get wild. 

Edited by iStu X

Maaaaannn. Freaking AOC developers. Actually making me enjoy playing as Revali. Still looking forward to that inevitable feather whoppin' doh.

Ya'll tried giving Link a hammer? Since it is two handed, you can't shield surf or use arrows but it cuts through mini bosses defenses so fast. 

Also, the run on this girl Urbosa. Not just the fact that she is booking it kin heels, but she runs like she cannot wait to find some fools to body.

12 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

Also, the run on this girl Urbosa. Not just the fact that she is booking it kin heels, but she runs like she cannot wait to find some fools to body.

She’s honestly been my least favorite to play as so far (I’m at the end of chapter 2). I don’t like having to rely on meter to do consistent damage 

Edited by iStu X

The sales are of course crazy right now....checking the site right now, some standouts I've noticed:

Broforce 3.74

Gris 6.79

Mother Russia Bleeds 3.74

Ruiner 9.99 (!!! I forgot this was coming to Switch, actually)

Carrion 14.99

DMC3 is 11.99--- the other 2 are 9.99

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary - 14.99

Bioshock The Collection! 29.99

4 hours ago, MillionX said:

The sales are of course crazy right now....checking the site right now, some standouts I've noticed:

Broforce 3.74

Gris 6.79

Mother Russia Bleeds 3.74

Ruiner 9.99 (!!! I forgot this was coming to Switch, actually)

Carrion 14.99

DMC3 is 11.99--- the other 2 are 9.99

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary - 14.99

Bioshock The Collection! 29.99

I was thinking about SF Collection but I don't know how  much I'd actually even play it. Catherine is $20 off but it still seems kinda pricey to me. 

I pre-ordered Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 though, so I'm facing to get through story mode on 1 before it comes out. After seeing some of the improvements, it's going to definitely be a better game than 1 in a lot of ways. 

8 hours ago, iStu X said:

She’s honestly been my least favorite to play as so far (I’m at the end of chapter 2). I don’t like having to rely on meter to do consistent damage 

Urbosa kinda reminds me of Nero's rev mechanic.  Once I get the first bar I'm rarely out of electricity since I'm always constantly refilling it at the end of the combos.  It's few and far inbetween when I've ever run out in the usually in the instances where I'm trying to kill off a bosses weak point meter and I want to melt him and I'm about to get tagged or I get tagged in the process of trying to quick recharge after dropping the meter.

Urbosa is the character I've put the most time into and of course I'm loving her at the moment.  I've only recently attempted to play Mipha last night.  She's interesting but I haven't gotten the hang of her since I've just gotten use to frying everyone with brute force.

I just unlocked Hestu and that was not the voice I’d expect to come out of him. But then I also had to remember that all the koroks are essentially small children. 

that said, I love his voice. It’s the best. The little sound effects he makes when he walks are adorable too. Not to sure how to feel about his move set so far though. 

#MiphaMain4Life

Edited by iStu X
12 hours ago, iStu X said:

She’s honestly been my least favorite to play as so far

angry meryl streep GIF

50 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

My wife lovea Impa

You got yourself a keeper!!

Impa with Max Shadow leaf/Foot clan army wrecks mini-bosses and bosses stun gauges!!

4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Story has been doing a pretty good job so far making me feel more sympathetic to Zelda.

Zelda's Lullaby will have you smelling onions!!

And the scene with her and "a character" in the late game was one of the best emotional sequence in a Nintendo game for me. 

What I do appreciate about Urbosa is whenever Revali is on some shit about he’s so great or that Link sucks she’s just like “dude, stfu. Ain’t no here hearing that” 

oh, speaking of Revali. I know it’s not the same voice actor but for whatever reason I only hear Travis Touchdown voicing Revali when Revali speaks. Which makes it stupid funny to me. 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

As much as I hate to admit this, Revali actually is really fucking good act cleaning up groups.  Feels like he's weak in 1 on 1 but his air attacks are like one massive broom sweeping people off the battlefield.  I actually enjoy playing the cocky bird.

Like I mentioned in a few posts above: he’s just an offensive Mipha minus the healing. He’s supposed to follow the 5 rules of dodge ball while raining hellfire. 

thankfully they balanced him out by making it so any captain or named character can easily knock his ass out of the air. 

that said, you pretty much never want him touching ground cause his range is fucking abysmal. 

22 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@iStu X

I'm sure you already know this, but I'm needling you man. Oh and I made a better one for you 😉

urz8tyI.gif

I’m aware. I don’t even dislike Urbosa as a character. She’ll ideal death by snusnu if there ever was one. I just find her gameplay to not be fun. Her, Hetsu and Zelda are kinda whatever to me moveset wise. Everyone else is fine. 

I don’t know who else is unlockable in the game (and if anyone spoils me in this I’ll fucking kill them) but so far Mipha is either tied for best character with Link or slightly better than Link, imo. It honestly depends on the layout of the map. 

Edited by iStu X

I just did a mission in Age of Calamity called Echoing Footsteps. It didn’t seem that hard at the start. 

“Beat 2 moblins and a Hinox in 4 minutes” 

No problem. 

“Defeat 3 elemental moblins and a stone talus in 4 minutes” 

oh there’s more? Aight. Done. 

“Defeat 3 Moblins and Lynel in 4 minutes. Oh, and when the timer starts you’re okay the other side of the map” 

Shit. Well, alright. 
*Takes 45 seconds to get to other side of Map* 

*kills all the moblins no problem as they were huddled together* 

*Starts fighting Lynel with no issues*

*realizes he has less than 30 seconds to get the last 1/4 of the Lynels health*
*Existential dread, panic and anxiety creep in*
*Uses His Spirit Attack (A button attack) hoping it will kill the Lynel since I’m almost 15 levels over recommend* 

*It does not kill him* 

*Lynel keeps comings. 10 seconds* 

*Manages to get a Flurry Strike Counter In* 

*Lynel is still not dead. 5 seconds*

*Lynel charges fireball which requires Bomb sheikah slate to counter. Hits counter.*
*Lynel crumbles but I think I’m too far away. So immediately dashes towards lynel*
*0 Seconds*
*Special strike option appears over Lynel. I ponder if the timer will stop like it did with the spirit attack or if I will fail the mission*
*Timer stops. Special strike activates and kills Lynel* 

*Balls descend. Sigh of relief*

thanks for joining me on this journey. 

Edited by iStu X
12 hours ago, iStu X said:

If it helps Physical copies of Catherine are $20 right now for Black Friday 

Maybe I'll take a look. I own the PS3 version of the game still and from the jump, full body seems like it should have been a $30 game tops, but they out here asking $40-50. I guess I don't want it that bad. 

Edited by DoctaMario
26 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Aye. Catherine is a great game but I guess since it came out in a recent enough gen, I can't justify the price, especially when I'm not.rewlly playing it competitively and my ps3 still works. 

Im right there with you. I also own Catherin and have no intention of picking up Fullbody for more then 20, so probably never. I like the game but not enough to pay the Atlus Tax.

Its not Persona 5 Royal you know what i mean hahaha eeehehehe....😑

Edited by RSG3

OMG Police Chase game is only 1.99....I checked out a review and this seems far worse than expected... from what he's describing, 2 bucks is still too much for this 🤣

More sales I'm noticing; going by the website of course since eshop is horribly slow on the Switch itself usually...

Valfaris/Slain double pack = 13.90!

Hyper Parasite = 3.59

Saint's Row IV = 21.99 (*as an old, 360/ps3 era game that should really be the normal price anyway, imo; great game tho)

Doom 64 = 1.99

Ghostbusters: The Videogame = 7.49!

Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX = 8.99!

FIGHT N RAGE = 11.99 <--BRUH... if you like beatemups at all you need this game in your life, folks.

Castle Crashers = 8.99 --- sometimes I wish I wasn't so burned out on this game... portable Castle Crashers is slightly tempting, but I've played that game sooo many times already; it's worn out the welcome for me; I just want a sequel, really. (heh, fat chance at that ever happening though...they'll just keep porting the original to new systems for the next few decades.)

Raiden V: Directors Cut = 8.99!

God Eater 3 = 14.99

Edited by MillionX

where the hell can I find star fragments? I need them for quest but I only have one and I need 5. 

also those damn star quests that are based off affinity in the region piss to me off. I want to redeem them so bad but no one likes me. Lol

oh, my Impa is dumb good now cause I finally started paying attention to sigils on weapons. Her weapon now has +45% special attack charge rate. So she can burn meter faster than she gains it. 

It takes a lot of patience but fusing weapons can be insanely busted. My Link single handed sword right now as has +25 flurry damage and +10% perfect dodge chance increase. So he’s just melting through stamina bars as well 

oh yeah, apparently Zelda gets

Spoiler

A second weapon. I unlocked a really powerful bow via amiibo. Too bad it’s no where near as good as it sounds lol

Edited by iStu X
Just now, CDB2k20 said:

Keep playing the story missions

Spoiler

I just finished the Air/Lighting and Water/Fire missions. Idgaf if he sacrificed himself. Or you find out he’s was a bag of shitfuck to protect her or some bullshit. He’s still a bag of shitfuck who treats his daughter terribly. 

5 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

"Hmph. So that's what you're capable of. I may have to step up my game." - Revali to Link after I scored 1000 KOs.

Revali is basically who I was when I played Yugioh and cardfight vanguard. I was obnoxiously good at both games but whenever I played someone who was better I was like “yeah, you’re aight. I might see you in a top 8 one day”

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Revali is basically who I was when I played Yugioh and cardfight vanguard. I was obnoxiously good at both games but whenever I played someone who was better I was like “yeah, you’re aight. I might see you in a top 8 one day”

I'm just surprised to get even the faintest or praise from Revali. Dude spent so much if his interaction with Link in BOTW being a massive nutsack so hearing him say that made my jaw drop. First they got me liking playing as him and now this.