Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

3 hours ago, Wellman said:

I agree, my only concern is that Forever Entertainment is behind this but hopefully they are able to handle this easier then trying to make a flawed but ambitious game like Panzer Dragoon work. Although I still think we should keep the bar low on this one.

Panzer Dragoons pretty good tho, especially after the reticle patch so it behaves properly. I'm looking forward to then remaking Zwie and I hope it leads to Saga. 

I'll probably buy Chrono Cross to show support but I'm not in a position to play it, many other RPGs I want to get before another run of CC. More then that tho it's really nice to finally have a proper upres of the game because trying to make it play nice with any upscaled but the newest of scalpers is fucking impossible. The game runs at 480p or so but the in game menus are a different Res so every time you open the menu the upscaled has to resink. Makes it unplayable. 

And no Lord William did not threaten anyone with a Gun. That dudes too innocent for that shit. Get the name right @Darksakul or don't bring up the event. 

Edited by RSG3
11 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

And no Lord William did not threaten anyone with a Gun. That dudes too innocent for that shit. Get the name right @Darksakul or don't bring up the event

It was FaceMeAndBeBroken. everyone clowned on him cause of all the poverty ass burnt 360 games he had lying around and the Cheeto dust covering the gun. 😂

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I played Chrono Cross back in the day on PSX and loved it. The music was incredible, and the battle system was pretty unique. 

Funny thing is, until the Pandemic you could still get new copies of Chrono Cross for the PSX on Square's store. I got mine for like $15 plus S+H. 
They since took down all of their PS1 titles. 

44 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Hey go fucking play in traffic. And learn to read
🖕

You really don't have any nuance to your personality you know that?  Anytime someone seems to correct you or call you out on something you immediately escalate to full blown attack mode.  Are you ok?  I imagine having that much whiplash can't be good for you.

Man, I'm so hype for the new MK8 tracks. Finally got a Funky Kong mod too so I can relive the glory days. I wonder what tracks the GD crew want back...

Pizza_fire_chaos_discussion_IN.gif

13 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Hyped for new Merio Kart Tracks

WALUIGI PINBALL BETTER BE IN NOW. 

Oh hell yeah bro. That track was great.

MK8 was missing too many top tier retro tracks imo, and now this is finally getting addressed.

46 minutes ago, Lantis said:

I heard thst CC fucks with the Chrono Trigger canon and pretty much the whole cast dies/go missing?

I tried to follow up on it once but it all got so confusing

The villain in Cross murders all of the original cast except Robo and Magus if I recall correctly 

I beat Trigger and thought Cross was a worthy successor. I'm probably in the minority tho

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

The villain in Cross murders all of the original cast except Robo and Magus if I recall correctly 

I beat Trigger and thought Cross was a worthy successor. I'm probably in the minority tho

I like Cross as well. I like Trigger but it's rather over rated as well, in that obnoxious FF7 kind of way. 

Still.i get why any Trigger fan would be upset at that outcome. I'm just not that attached to Triggers cast. I think Cross is lot more creative and interesting. 

It story can be peak Square goofy shit, but I don't find that to be much different from Trigger either so yea. I like Cross as well. Great cast, setting, music, mechanics and gimmicks. 

55 minutes ago, Lantis said:

I heard thst CC fucks with the Chrono Trigger canon and pretty much the whole cast dies/go missing?

Pretty sure that's why some people don't rock with Cross like that. Especially the whole OG crew is dead.

The DS port of Trigger got a new ending making the connection to Cross smoother. I might mess around and rewatch that if I pick Cross up.

I'd say my favorite part about Cross is the battle system, and the music, man the music.....eargasm, fam. I remember thinking the main battle song being odd as fuck at first but that shit grew on me

And besides that, the fuckton on playable characters and different endings gave it plenty of replayability alot of games didn't have at the time. I still don't think I ever got all the characters and endings til this day

The OG Chrono Trigger cast was honestly generic as fuck, I don't think Crono even talked. I didn't hate them, but they weren't exactly a charasmatic cast.

Whereas Cross gave u a cast that was diverse as fuck, and all of them were pretty unique. You could even unlock a cast member from Trigger, although technically due to time constraints or something, it's was supposed to be Magus but it's technically NOT him. Cool addition tho 

When we're talking about "big cast" are we talking about Suikoden-levels of insanity?

I am very fond of the original Trigger with plotholes and all that stuff (I also played the PS1 version which had the "extra ending" that I guessed ties it in with Cross?). I just don't know why Square felt the need to fuck with it for Cross just for the sake of it.

7 minutes ago, Lantis said:

When we're talking about "big cast" are we talking about Suikoden-levels of insanity?

I am very fond of the original Trigger with plotholes and all that stuff (I also played the PS1 version which had the "extra ending" that I guessed ties it in with Cross?). I just don't know why Square felt the need to fuck with it for Cross just for the sake of it.

Not quite that large. Chrono Cross has 45 playable recruitable characters. If I remember right a number of Suikodens characters aren't playable and fill passive roles in the army. In Cross everyone you recruit is a party member. Dunno how that stacks up against the Suikoden series tho. 

Edited by RSG3
8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Not quite that large. Chrono Cross has 45 playable recruitable characters. If I remember right a number of Suikodens characters aren't playable and fill passive roles in the army. In Cross everyone you recruit is a party member. Dunno how that stacks up against the Suikoden series tho. 

I only played the first Suikoden and I agree, but the playable cast was still fairly large. I remember one female character whose only purpose was to collect gossip inside your castle. 😂

56 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Not that I remember. Might be remembering him after the body swap. 

Probably but that is the only time outside of the usual player choice answers he seemed to communicate.

Won't lie how Cross treated the original main cast and it's story are indeed my least favorite parts of it. But it is a very good game if you don't have feelings for the original. Hell it is actually done by some of the folk that did Xenogears and later Xenoblade... which explains some of the story compared to the original.

5 hours ago, Lantis said:

CT is all about time travel while CC is all about alternative time lines/ alternative worlds. 

The Sattellaveiw add on for the Super Famicom had Radical Dreamers which played with the idea the CT team all died, it didn't retcon anything. It's more like Square's version of What If.

6 hours ago, NinetiesArcades said:

Why the FUCK there is only 24 hours in the day? When am I going to be able to actually beat these games? I'm still working on the latest Metroid! I just downloaded Lost Ark too. Elden Ring, Edge of Eternity, Triangle Strategy(lolname but daaamn dat demo be good!) are all coming too.

Daaamn TIME

Comedy Central Lol GIF by Awkwafina is Nora from Queens

There are 5832 hours in a Venusian day 🙃

It's been a while since I've looked at Wii U hacking, but it's probably smart to buy the Brain Age DS game (you can buy any DS game, but Brain Age is the cheapest) if you ever want to softmod your Wii U. I know there's the internet browser way, but it's pretty finky and I think you have to do it every time.

You could also just use a Wii instead, but uh Wii U games.

Edit: Apparently there's a mod called Tiramisu that works well without all that I stated above.

Edited by globe
more info
  • iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread ver. Directly into our Wallets - Triangle Strategy 3/4 - Kirby and the Forgotten Land 3/25