Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

6 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Yes he is. 

I went through that game several times and was finally on the run with the mage girl and put it down. Sadly with my Vita being dead, all that progress is out the window. 😞

There is a PS4 version with cross save support with the Vita. 

What's dead in the Vita? The battery? I can fix that. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

There is a PS4 version with cross save support with the Vita. 

What's dead in the Vita? The battery? I can fix that. 

Huh then actually it probably backed up my save. Is the game itself cross buy too? 

The Vita fell out of my pocket and hit the floor awhile back. I've tried everything short of taking it apart but nothing happens when I try to turn it on though if I charge it, I think the charge light comes on. 

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Huh then actually it probably backed up my save. Is the game itself cross buy too? 

Unfortunatly not cross buy. Vanillaware is too small a studio to afford that. 

The Vita fell out of my pocket and hit the floor awhile back. I've tried everything short of taking it apart but nothing happens when I try to turn it on though if I charge it, I think the charge light comes on. 

Hmm I would have to open it to see. I took my launch model Vita apart earlier this month to fix the battery glitch it had. I can take a look if you like but you would have to send it to me. Taking them apart without Cell Phone Spudgers is pretty tough. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Unfortunatly not cross buy. Vanillaware is too small a studio to afford that. 

Hmm I would have to open it to see. I took my launch model Vita apart earlier this month to fix the battery glitch it had. I can take a look if you like but you would have to send it to me. Taking them apart without Cell Phone Spudgers is pretty tough. 

I owned Odin Sphere on PS2 also so I'm not trying to buy it again 😞

ill consider shipping it out to you, it's not like it's doing anything but sitting in a drawer at the moment...🤔 

I owned Odin Sphere on PS2 also so I'm not trying to buy it again 😞

ill consider shipping it out to you, it's not like it's doing anything but sitting in a drawer at the moment...🤔 

Somehow I own two copies on PS2, as well as the PS4 and Vita versions. Dunno how I acquired up to 4 of these, should be only 3 but hey, its there so no sense complaining.

If you feel like sending it out, just shoot me a PM and we'll talk about addresses and such.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Somehow I own two copies on PS2, as well as the PS4 and Vita versions. Dunno how I acquired up to 4 of these, should be only 3 but hey, its there so no sense complaining.

If you feel like sending it out, just shoot me a PM and we'll talk about addresses and such.

Have you ever actually played through the game with every character? 

Yeah I'll let you know. I'm on a mini vacation right now so when I get home I'll see if I can dig the thing out. 

5 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Have you ever actually played through the game with every character? 

Yeah I'll let you know. I'm on a mini vacation right now so when I get home I'll see if I can dig the thing out. 

Yea ive completed the game from beginning to end 5 times. 1 time on PS2, 1 time in Classic Mode (So PS2 Version but included in the remake) and Ive beaten the Leufthraiser update 3 times (two of those was on my Vita, games a great portable action RPG)

Im a pretty big fan of the entire Princess Crown series, Ive beaten Muramasa 3 times, and put many hours into Dragons Crown. Ive only beaten Princess Crown once tho because I only have so much patience for an action RPG entirely in Japanese lol. Hopfully the fan translation drops next year, its supposed to be almost done. Then fingers crossed for a translation port to the PSP version for easy of play for myself and everyone else.

Edited by RSG3
6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea ive completed the game from beginning to end 5 times. 1 time on PS2, 1 time in Classic Mode (So PS2 Version but included in the remake) and Ive beaten the Leufthraiser update 3 times.

Im a pretty big fan of the entire Princess Crown series, Ive beaten Muramasa 3 times, and put many hours into Dragons Crown. Ive only beaten Princess Crown once tho because I only have so much patience for an action RPG entirely in Japanese lol. Hopfully the fan translation drops next year, its supposed to be almost done. Then fingers crossed for a translation port to the PSP version for easy of play for myself and everyone else.

It's a fun game for a bit, real mellow and not too tough which is what I'm into right now. Talking about it kinda makes me want to play it again. 

I wound up picking up Lumines Remastered for $7.50 yesterday. Never really played it much but I like the vibe of the game and would like to learn it more I think since I'm not super into Puyo Puyo.

Edited by DoctaMario
Spoiler

Just unlocked King Rhoam. Even though he apologized to sweet baby Zelda for being a bearded bag of shitfuck doesn’t make him any less of one. You gotta prove you changed, Rhoam!

Also, his stance switches from regal to hermit actually seems crazy fucking good since you can switch back and forth during combos. So you can potentially make infinites without runes or wands 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, hanzohattori12 said:

Cracked it open to check out the battery and accidentally tore the connector from the board.

Ah yea, not sure there is anything I can do about that. Again tho I could take a look and see what's up. Probably have to do some research after looking inside but I'm willing to try if you are willing to risk it. 

I do this stuff to my own hardware due to a combination of hobby and lack of funds to get someone else to do it. I am no repair pro. I figure this shit out in my free time on my own. 

If that doesn't bother you then you can PM me and we can work out the details there. 

Nintendo released a Switch update that actually added shit!!!!

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22525

Ver. 11.0.0 (Released November 30, 2020)

Nintendo Switch Online was added to the HOME Menu.

Access all Nintendo Switch Online services, from getting the latest information to checking your membership status.

*This feature is not available in some countries/regions.

A new feature that automatically downloads backed up save data was added to the Save Data Cloud.

When using software with the same Nintendo Account linked to multiple systems, save data backed up from one console will automatically be downloaded to your other system(s).
*To use this feature, it must be enabled under System Settings > Data Management > Save Data Cloud.

*Save data will not be downloaded automatically unless save data for that software exists on the console. The first time only, users must download the save data manually.

*A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use the Save Data Cloud service.

A new Trending feature was added to the User Page.

Users can check what software their friends are playing or have started playing recently.
Information will not be displayed for friends who have their online status set to display to no one.

Users can now transfer screenshots and videos from Album to their smart devices.

Users can wirelessly connect their smart devices to Nintendo Switch to transfer the screenshots and videos saved within their Album.

For screenshots, users can transfer a maximum of 10 screenshots and 1 video capture at once.

*To connect, users must use their smart device to scan the QR Code displayed on the Nintendo Switch screen.
For more information, please refer to the Nintendo Support website.

*“QR Code” is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.

A new Copy to a Computer via USB Connection feature was added under System Settings > Data Management > Manage Screenshots and Videos.

Users can use a USB cable to connect Nintendo Switch to their computers to copy the screenshots and videos saved under Album.

* A USB charging cable [model HAC-010] or a USB-IF certified USB cable that supports data transfer is required to connect to a computer.
For more information, please refer to the Nintendo Support website.

* Connection via the Nintendo Switch dock is not supported. Please connect the Nintendo Switch system directly to the computer.

Users can now select what download to prioritize when there are multiple downloads in progress.

When there are multiple software, update data, or downloadable content downloads in progress, users can now select which they want to download first.

You can set this under Download Options by selecting the icon for the software you want to download first on the HOME Menu.

User icons were added.

12 user icons that commemorate the 35th anniversary of the Super Mario Bros. series were added.

Users can now name preset button mappings with the Change Button Mapping feature.

Brazilian Portuguese was added as a supported language.

When users set their region to the Americas and their language to Português, the language used on the HOME Menu and in certain software will be displayed in Brazilian Portuguese.

Several issues were fixed, and usability and stability were improved.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Ok...a dif approach.  Do you know what genres he likes/what games has he already played?

Y’all are giving the kids too much credit. Love him to death, but he just likes smashing buttons. 

His favorite game is Mario + Rabbids. Not because of the game, mind you, because he thinks Rabbids are really funny. 

I watched him play pokemon once and it almost gave me an aneurism. He wasn’t even doing the little kid strat of making your starter OP. He also didn’t understand how to use potions or that he could buy poke balls. 

he loves fortnite for the memes.  I’m just looking for a game a kid would like. I was thinking age of calamity, but I’m worried his mom wouldn’t like the teen rating. 

1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

A Hat in Time? 

I dunno dude you making him A sound retarded. I don't play those kinds of games so hard to recommend anything. 

A Hat in Time is cute....

thank u GIF
he has dyslexia and ADHD, so he’s a little “special” I guess. 

so the kid can’t read and has too much energy to really have to focus on anything for more than a few minutes. 

I really like playing games with him tho, he’s really funny and will let me whoop that ass in street fighter. Honestly a great kid, but he doesn’t have the mind or focus for most games. 

I’ll take a look at a hat in time. A beat em up might be good for him too...

2 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Y’all are giving the kids too much credit. Love him to death, but he just likes smashing buttons. 

His favorite game is Mario + Rabbids. Not because of the game, mind you, because he thinks Rabbids are really funny. 

I watched him play pokemon once and it almost gave me an aneurism. He wasn’t even doing the little kid strat of making your starter OP. He also didn’t understand how to use potions or that he could buy poke balls. 

he loves fortnite for the memes.  I’m just looking for a game a kid would like. I was thinking age of calamity, but I’m worried his mom wouldn’t like the teen rating. 

Thing is man I need like...a starting point to try to better suggest games just saying 'This kid may not try to shove the controller in his mouth and gnaw on the buttons at any given moment' doesn't really help in trying to suggest a game.  Him just liking to mash buttons means that maybe he might like the Hyrule Warriors/Fire Emblem Warriors games...to a certain extent.  I mean you nearly can't go wrong with Smash Ult in this aspect either and probably DBFZ and BBCTB.  Those are some games where you can sort of roll your face on the controller and make stuff happen.  Also Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 can also be game for mashing buttons in.  I want to suggest 2D platformers but you're making this dude sound like he doesn't have basic Mario skills/never took platformer 101.

5 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

thank u GIF
he has dyslexia and ADHD, so he’s a little “special” I guess. 

so the kid can’t read and has too much energy to really have to focus on anything for more than a few minutes. 

I really like playing games with him tho, he’s really funny and will let me whoop that ass in street fighter. Honestly a great kid, but he doesn’t have the mind or focus for most games. 

I’ll take a look at a hat in time. A beat em up might be good for him too...

Ok well all the dialogue in A Hat in Time needs to be read. Almost no VO. 

This is kinda why people asked what he plays lol. If you said he doesn't read well at first I would have thought of something else. 

Edit: What about one of the Monster World games? 2D, Open Worldish, delightful art style. 

Edited by RSG3
10 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Huh...I see why they couldn't fit it on the cartridge.  Very interested to here DF's vid on this.

The PS4/XB1 version had a separate 38GB download for multiplayer. Still, they could have done the same setup on Switch. Cartridge gets the single player campaign with the multiplayer portion being a download. Single player file size is 40GB on PS4/XB1. With the Switch's lower resolution textures, it could have fit.

9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

probably DBFZ

This is perfect. The kid will love auto-combos. 

Thanks everyone, I was just throwing the spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks. 

Decided to get him splatoon 2 as well. Almost got him a wonder boy game, but shipping wasn't free and it was shipping from Europe and that's no good. Dragonquest Builders was another choice, but it has the same issues as Wonderboy 

31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The PS4/XB1 version had a separate 38GB download for multiplayer. Still, they could have done the same setup on Switch. Cartridge gets the single player campaign with the multiplayer portion being a download. Single player file size is 40GB on PS4/XB1. With the Switch's lower resolution textures, it could have fit.

If single player is only 40 gbs then maybe they could have done some magic to make it fit down into the 32 gig cartridge like they did last time but I'm going to assume they decided to keep slightly higher fidelity or there was something that they decided the compromise was too great before deciding to so digital only.  Upon looking up the file size for Eternal on Switch, its 18.8 gigs.

I had to remind myself what the switch cartridge sizes are and that size puts it at just 2.8 gigs over the 16 gig cart.  If I'm putting on my business hat, the question becomes do we put out a 16 gig cart that isn't really playable without a download patch, fork out the money for the 32 gigs which I've heard aren't cheap, or go the digital route.  This decision to go full digital was late AF announced for this game so I'd like to think they tried to get it under that 16 gig threshold without doing a serious compromise.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@SonichumanI get what you are saying but I'm staring at an Asia Region cartridge for FFX/X-2 that's 32GB. Which tells me that they, like a lot of 3rd parties, are being cheap. 

They could very well just be being cheap  but I'm looking at what I have in front of me and trying to think from their perspective on why the decision was made.  This isn't quite the same situation as someone like Capcom being lazy/incompetent and not being able to put several old megaman games on one cartridge because they didn't feel like it.  Considering the previous work (read: magic and wizardry) that Panic Button has been able to do previously I want to at least give them the benefit of a doubt.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Looks at his Witcher 3 cartridge 🤔

CDPR is also known for going above and beyond for their players as well. They even admitted they have no idea how sabertooth games, who helped with the port managed to do what they did and that it’s a miracle they got Switcher 3 to fit on a switch cartridge.

Bethesda and by extension Id software? Not so much. They rely on their player base to fix their shit cause no one at Bethesda  actually knows how to program a game. 

Also, tin foil hat time, I’m betting the Microsoft/Bethesda deal has a lot to do with the no physical copies. 

also, also, it’s no coincidence that M$ just announced this morning that Eternal is coming to gamepass not even a week before the switch version launches 

Edited by iStu X