Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

37 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

So, at some point this weekend my grandson asked for me to buy Among Us on Switch. That coupled with the no money purchase of Sephiroth, means I'm down major on my gold coins and need to see about buying some more eShop credit and more games with this supposed stimulus.

Edit: he liked playing as the impostor, which is immediately kinda sus. Every time he got that role, I asked if he had been ejected out the airlock yet 🤣

I still think SRK people need to play Among Us.  I think it'd be hilarious.

Edit:  I forgot for a moment that this was Megashock...shame on me!

Edited by Sonichuman
  • iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread ver. Q1 2021 Hype! - Scott Pilgrim vs. The World the Game: Complete Edition 1/15/21 - Cyber Shadow 1/26/21

I know its not the end of the year technically but thanks to everyone who posted in here and made it fun. It’s been a hell of a year. 

We survived Tom Nook trying to take over the world like The Brain and no ones heads exploded when they played Hyrule Warriors AoC since it's  just a very okay title. 

cya next year. Q1 gunna be redonk. 

Edited by iStu X
14 hours ago, hanzohattori12 said:

Bought Bloodstained ROTN during the sale with a gift card I had and I’m sad to say that it’s disappointing how bad the frame rate is. 

Vigil runs better than ROTN. 

Blasphemous runs better than both. 

If the Switch version runs this bad after all the patches, God only knows how the Vita (the original version I backed) would’ve turned out.

I'll have to give Vigil A shot while I'm on vacation.  Rotn isn't bad but it's not as polished as it is on other platforms though, ill give you that.  

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread ver. End of the Year!

ah, it's as I figured of course...my most played was Dead Cells, Diablo 3 and Streets of Rage 4, Fight-N-Rage and Hades.... total hours this year, at least they know of was 277. (*plenty of other times I'm offline, and it probably doesn't log that, I imagine.)

Monthly activity actually went down as the year went on... this was a side effect of the pandemic, actually.  Most of the time I played Switch from day 1... it was always some place *other* than home...that was part of the appeal for me.  This is on top of the workload shooting up by some crazy percentage, meaning I was instantly ready to just pass out after logging off for the day....no energy left even for the simple luxury of playing a damn game.

How easy is it to clean a pro controller? Mine’s left analog is fucked up and has been drifting left and down on me. I’ve thought about just tossing it since I have two back ups. But if it’s a somewhat easy fix I wouldn’t mind doing so. 

also, unrelated, a few days ago I almost had a god damn heart attack. I was trying to boot up Octopath Traveler and it crashed on me during the start up 3 times. I’m almost 100 hours in. I would have been god damn furious. Thankfully it finally worked and I haven’t had the issue since. But damn 

Edited by iStu X
On 12/25/2020 at 7:53 PM, iStu X said:

How easy is it to clean a pro controller? Mine’s left analog is fucked up and has been drifting left and down on me. I’ve thought about just tossing it since I have two back ups. But if it’s a somewhat easy fix I wouldn’t mind doing so.

Buy silicone lubricant and spray it into the analog stick assembly.  I have fixed drift on several types of controllers that way.

Works better if you take apart the controller first, but if for some reason you can't, SOMETIMES you can get away with just spraying it into the analog stick from above and moving it around to make sure it gets inside.

360327_470682_01_front_zoom.jpg

I knew the Switch curb stomping everything in Japan, I mean last weeks top 30 had 29 Switch titles. What I didn't realize was the US sales so crazy. Yes I know the Switch has been been the best selling system each month for over a year but still. The software sales are nuts. Granted it's only Amazon but 8 of the top 10 selling games were for the Switch. Breath of Wild, Smash, and Ring Fit were in the list. All of those game aren't recent releases. The big kickers were the Super Mario Collection and Age of Calamity. Not because they sold well but they released at the end of the years and still sold well enough to crack the top ten. 

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I knew the Switch curb stomping everything in Japan, I mean last weeks top 30 had 29 Switch titles. What I didn't realize was the US sales so crazy. Yes I know the Switch has been been the best selling system each month for over a year but still. The software sales are nuts. Granted it's only Amazon but 8 of the top 10 selling games were for the Switch. Breath of Wild, Smash, and Ring Fit were in the list. All of those game aren't recent releases. The big kickers were the Super Mario Collection and Age of Calamity. Not because they sold well but they released at the end of the years and still sold well enough to crack the top ten. 

From what I remember Age of Calamity is the highest selling Musou so far.  I'm more interested to see what the numbers look like for Dec for sales since the next gen will have been fully out for a month.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Reasons why Mario Maker 2 is #1, tried to make my own levels and Super World and it's the main game, aside from NES Online my 4 year old nephew plays, when I let him play my Switch, whenever he comes up!!

BoTW gets the #2 spot, as I did my first ever Master Mode run this year.

As for Astral Chain, I need to go back finish it someday!

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I got a gift card for Christmas. I take the consensus is that AoC is worth getting.

Oh it is, I heavily recommend it for BoTW.

It's my first Musso game or whatever its dubbed.  

To me its Marvel Ultimate Alliance x BoTW x Streets of Rage!!

Edited by CDB2k20
  • iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread ver. Cat Suits ARE Sexy!: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury 2/12

The big end of the year eShop sale ends tomorrow. 

I don’t really plan on getting anything cause there’s not a lot that’s on sale that I 

A) already own 

B) Have interest in but not enough to buy it even after discount 

C) I simply have no interest in it. 

Also, I know it just turned 2021 but I wouldn’t be surprised if we got some sort of direct sometime this month or very early February. 

Edited by iStu X