Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

9 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I started with Olberic, then recruited Primrose.

Olberic as your starter is a big oof to me. The Thief is imo the best character to start with. His pit pocketing skill and lock picking let’s you get a lot of good items, gear and gold really early game. 

also yea, you’re right. The game is wonderful 

Edited by iStu X
4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Just to add to the Mario Golf discussion, Hot Shots Golf was a major franchise for Sony. It's been about 5 years since the last one.

And HSG > Mario Golf.

Out of Bounds is still the GOAT golf game.  The online tournaments in that game was golf multiplayer perfection.  That one had the best courses and characters as well.

I was not a  fan of Everybody Golf that came out on PS4.  What a huge disappointment that game was.  They tried to make it open world like every other game wanted to be and it just flat out sucked.  I only played the demo of the VR one and it was just alright but I never bought it because it had like very few courses and no online.  I'm hoping Clap Hanz is working on a PS5 one.

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

Not our fault @DoctaMariocan't read.

I even posted a tight gif and y'all are gonna go in on me like this? 

Cat Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

to be fair letterkenny problems GIF

NBA Jam, the goat basketball game should have had its own line in the post not be mashed up with others. That was a sports so good even I played a ton of it, and I couldn't really even get into Tecmo Bowl. 

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

It might be hard time for @DoctaMario I hear they are shutting down his mobile game. 

The Gregory Brothers GIF by VidCon

(I don't even know what you mean, what game is shutting down?) 

Edited by DoctaMario
39 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

WarioWare Get It Together has gone gold.

The Dr. Mario mobile game will be shutting down this year.

Man that game didn't last too long did it?

Speaking of mobile gaming, I know there are a lot of people who don't like mobile games and I get that. But I think games are kind of like clothes, in that there are certain games you play in certain settings just like you wouldn't wear a suit to the gym or your gym clothes to a white tablecloth place. I don't want to play something I'd need time and focus to get something out of like Bloodborne while I'm waiting on my car to get fixed, like I don't want to play (insert mobile title) when I'm home and could be playing a high quality game at home. It's all about setting for me. 

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

Indie world?

Unless there some killer title like Cadance of Hyrule/ Cypt of the Necrodancer

I say it's a hard pass.

Nintendo not been doing anything worth of note of late

I'm...confused here.  What does Nintendo have to do with the Indies unless they give an IP license to one?  Why does Nintendo's perceived lack not doing anything worth note of late have to do with the other great indie games?

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

'Im...confused here.  What does Nintendo have to do with the Indies unless they give an IP license to one?  Why does Nintendo's perceived lack not doing anything worth note of late have to do with the other great indie games?

There next direct is all about indie games which is hugely hit or miss.

There some amazing Indie games and there indie games that makes you hate Indie games. And if it's the focus of the next Nintendo direct, then I going to skip it. 

42 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

My patience on holding out for Tetris Effect to come to the Switch has been rewarded.

Yeah Boy David GIF by Australian Survivorlil jon GIF by The Meredith Vieira Show

I didn't think it would ever happen, but when I saw the announcement I freaked out lol! Think I might go for a physical copy of this one. 

Man, all we'd need is TGM and Switch would be the ultimate Tetris console!

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Sony: "Can I have a game in the Top 30 this week?"

Nintendo: 

wonka-you-get-nothing.gif

https://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-software-sales-8-2-21-8-8-21-top-30/

Yeah, Japan just really don't have no love for the big consoles directly. Which is why Sony has shifted so much of their focus to the larger and spendy Western markets.

Although the current PS5 shortage situation ain't helping either.

Yeah, Japan just really don't have no love for the big consoles directly. Which is why Sony has shifted so much of their focus to the larger and spendy Western markets.

Although the current PS5 shortage situation ain't helping either.

Japan certainly prefers handhelds to consoles but Sony isn't even trying. They have been thumbing their nose at their home market.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Japan certainly prefers handhelds to consoles but Sony isn't even trying. They have been thumbing their nose at their home market.

Yeah, that corporate mind set has got the company wholesale to where they aren't even going to bother to compete on their home turf because that NA and Europe audience is too stacked and their name alone means they won't have any competition from MS when it comes to small to mid range sized developers in Japan, who will stick with Sony or at worst also go in with Nintendo.

Yeah, that corporate mind set has got the company wholesale to where they aren't even going to bother to compete on their home turf because that NA and Europe audience is too stacked and their name alone means they won't have any competition from MS when it comes to small to mid range sized developers in Japan, who will stick with Sony or at worst also go in with Nintendo.

Well it doesn't look to be the case well the former at least. The developers in question have basically already jumped ship to Nintendo but some of them are actually forgoing release on Playstation because of Sony's sudden Puritanism. It's weird to see a quirky Japanese game available on Xbox, PC, and Switch but not PS. It's becoming more common though.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
22 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

For those of you who bought the Switch version of Cris Tales, has the performance been improved at all via patches?
Has the developer even patched the Switch version?

The game seems perfect for Switch ...

Haven't seen anything personally in my feed on performance updates but I don't see why they wouldn't get to it at some point.

39 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

For those of you who bought the Switch version of Cris Tales, has the performance been improved at all via patches?
Has the developer even patched the Switch version?

The game seems perfect for Switch ...

there hasn’t been any updates. 

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Welcome back to the Garden of Madness!: No More Heroes III 8/27