Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

2 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

For the Switch Pro Controller, PS4, PS5 and Xbox controllers sometimes a spray of contact cleaner and some stick movement fixes the issue. But it's not a guaranteed fix. 

Exactly what helped with my Joycons (except I'm too cheap, so I just used good old alcohol instead).

Not quite as lucky with the Pro Pad tho...

8 minutes ago, Volt said:

Exactly what helped with my Joycons (except I'm too cheap, so I just used good old alcohol instead).

Not quite as lucky with the Pro Pad tho...

Rubbing alcohol is fine, it evaporates quick enough not to be an issue. 

Its a crap shoot at the moment. Till there better documentation 

Edited by DarkSakul
  • iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Chozo Burritos for all!: Ni No Kuni II Prince’s Edition 9/17 - Diablo II Resurrected 9/23

So I'm starting to think there are some supply issues with the Cruis'n Blast physical edition.

It was nowhere to be found today at any stores near me.  I wanted to get it at Best Buy because I have $15 reward and they offered a $10 credit for it.  But there are 0 in stock and they all say they will be available on the 18th for pickup.  Shipping was available to arrive by Thursday but then that was gone too and no longer shipping is available.

Walmart still shows it as a preorder and to be delivered in 4 days.

Target also doesn't have it in stock at all and it's only available to order and is available in like 4 days.

Same with Gamestop.

Amazon won't even return search results for it if you search on their site but you can find the listing by googling and it's listed as $50 and 1-2 months delivery.

So I dunno wtf is up.  I just placed an order at BB to pick it up this Saturday though because it's basically $15 out of my pocket.  

6 minutes ago, locoghoul said:

Any options besides the Pro Controller? Does it also drift? I was thinking on 8bit SN pro controller but people have complained about the dpad being somewhat loose. I finally got a Switch fir my nephew, gonna give it as a present in Xmas

I've had a Pro Controller since I got my Switch in 2017. I don't have any drifting issues.

10 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

I notice people will complain about anything. I wouldn't put too much stock what other people say.

This seems goofy dismissive when we are talking about a 30 to 50 dollar input device. I get phantom downs on my SN30 Pro's D-Pad. Am I just hating to hate and complaining to complain or do these SN30 Pros actually have a repeating issue with the D-pads? What if he takes your advice, buys the controller and the D-Pad is fucked?

When enough people complain about the same issue it kinda stops being a petty complaint and starts looking like a legitimate issue, dont you think?

Edited by RSG3
18 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

This seems goofy dismissive when we are talking about a 30 to 50 dollar input device. I get phantom downs on my SN30 Pro's D-Pad. Am I just hating to hate and complaining to complain or do these SN30 Pros actually have a repeating issue with the D-pads? What if he takes your advice, buys the controller and the D-Pad is fucked?

Or this is a vocal minority that complaining. Most content owners rarely if ever say anything. So yeah I do get dismissive when it comes to people saying it "feels bad," especially as the nature of internet is more of a echo chamber than it is a place of discourse. 

I own several 8bitdo products, their earlier stuff had issues with loose D-pads but I didn't have any issues with my Pro controller or Pro 2  controller.
As long as you don't have one of the earlier model, be you should fine.

And yes a few do slip by QC and are crap, but I see it more with First party Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft Controllers having issues out of the box. 

When enough people complain about the same issue it kinda stops being a petty complaint and starts looking like a legitimate issue, dont you think?

See my above comments. Most of those people are parroting shit they heard from elsewhere and never had the controller. 

Edited by DarkSakul
24 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

You confront many of theses people commenting on social media, they speak about how X Youtuber didn't like it or their friends' cousin or something to that effect. 
They have no experiences themselves, only what they heard from 2nd hand sources. 

I got those from several reviews. Others complained about not waking up the Switch and still needing the joy cons to do that. Now THAT idgaf about

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm telling you guys, get yourself a Brook converter and use controllers you already own and like. Not only will you not have to spend a bunch of money searching for the right one for you, you probably won't have some of the same issues with drift. A Brook is like $30-40 and my PS4 controller works flawlessly when docked.

Microsoft and Sony controllers are also having issues with drift 

I have 3 Switch Pro controllers and at least 2 of them are heavily used  (the 3rd I use to distract my son)  and none of them have had any drift issues since purchase which is whole strange since this drift issue has been prevalent in the joy cons and Sony and Microsoft's controllers.  I don't know what they did with the Pro controller that's dif than everything else.

My black pro control I had since launch started drifting to the left and down after about 3 solid years of use. But it drifting wasn’t the controllers fault.

I had gotten some kind of crumbs or something like that in my controller when I accidentally dropped my plate of food onto my tv tray where my controller was laying. 

I likely could have easily fixed it but the idea cracking open my controller (or any of my tech) makes me super anxious out of fear I may make the issue worse or break it. So I traded it in to GameStop during one of their big trade in bonus things they had and got $45 for it. So it’s someone else’s problem now. 😂

I still have my splatoon 2 as well as my xenoblade chronicles 2 controller and they both work just fine 

Edited by iStu X

Took WarioWare: Get it Together! to my sister's house when we went over there today. My nieces and nephew really like it. They cleared the story mode. I would have beat story mode already if not for work and other games in between. I'm curious to try the game with the JoyCons but I need some new ones.

I finished my first run on Espgaluda II. Didn't realize bullets slowed down when I switched characters.

Is there a common supplier involved? Drift is most heavily associated with Joy-cons but I've been hearing with issues of drift Sony and MS controllers recently as well.  I'm hearing more about drift now than I did during the N64 era. Even then, that was after heavy usage. Wrestling games were hard on analog sticks. Hell only reason my Joy Cons don't drift is because I've barely used them. Even in my rare, portable mode scenarios, I replaced my joy cons with larger 3rd party ones for comfort. NES Joy Cons FTW.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Chozo Burritos for all!: Diablo II Resurrected 9/23 - DBZ Kakarot 9/24
38 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Is there a common supplier involved? Drift is most heavily associated with Joy-cons but I've been hearing with issues of drift Sony and MS controllers recently as well.  I'm hearing more about drift now than I did during the N64 era. Even then, that was after heavy usage. Wrestling games were hard on analog sticks. Hell only reason my Joy Cons don't drift is because I've barely used them. Even in my rare, portable mode scenarios, I replaced my joy cons with larger 3rd party ones for comfort. NES Joy Cons FTW.

Yes, apperantly all the hardware comes from the same supplier for everyone, so the Joycon issue is actually effecting all 3 major developers.

Also talk on this issue has gone up the last few years, but this is actually an issue going back 2 console generations starting with the Xbox 360. 360 sticks are notorious for drift, I have 5 controllers for my 360s and they all drift. Every single one. I noticed it the very first time with Halo 3. Cheif's aim would slowly drift the left. Its an issue thats gotten worse with every passing year, and frankly I think a new distrubutor needs to come up because the current one is clearly resting on their lurels being the only supplier in the world it seems.

56 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I went ahead and put an order in for an 8Bitdo controller. Fingers crossed, as my attempts to clean existing ones ended badly although weirdly enough the recent Switch update had one of my official controllers seem to work fine for three minutes. 

Have you done a hard reset of your Switch. I was having an issue with my controllers a year a so ago. I did a web search and they said to turn the Switch completely off and power in on after  like a minute. Haven't had any issues since.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Have you done a hard reset of your Switch. I was having an issue with my controllers a year a so ago. I did a web search and they said to turn the Switch completely off and power in on after  like a minute. Haven't had any issues since.

Haven't done one in a while. Will try it later tonight, I think the last reset I did on it  was probably over a month ago

On 9/16/2021 at 11:46 PM, RSG3 said:

Espgaluda II is haaaaaaard lol

in other news, water is fucking wet. 😂🤣

in other secondary news, my wife and I decided to get my grandson a Switch Lite for Christmas this year; so I'm repeating the steps from a couple of years ago when I bought my Switch; getting the screen protector, microSD card, all of that before hand. The console itself should be here on Thursday and will largely stay in the shipping box until it's time to giftwrap it; then it'll be opened to update the firmware, and get updates for his games (planning on getting Mario Kart and Minecraft for him on physical carts). The only thing I haven't decided on yet is to whether or not to give him a NSO subscription.

21 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

N64 analog stick didnt drift. It really got wore down by friction and would get loose and prevent certain inputs. Like you could see the stick dust from wear and tear. I still love their design and functionality

4 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

in other news, water is fucking wet. 😂🤣

in other secondary news, my wife and I decided to get my grandson a Switch Lite for Christmas this year; so I'm repeating the steps from a couple of years ago when I bought my Switch; getting the screen protector, microSD card, all of that before hand. The console itself should be here on Thursday and will largely stay in the shipping box until it's time to giftwrap it; then it'll be opened to update the firmware, and get updates for his games (planning on getting Mario Kart and Minecraft for him on physical carts). The only thing I haven't decided on yet is to whether or not to give him a NSO subscription.

If you got an NSO sub the cost of multiple adds $15-$17 to your yearly cost for multiple switches. I may recommend just getting the family plan if you don't. It is a added cost but you do get access to a nice, not great but nice, collection of classic NES and SNES games. 

12 minutes ago, locoghoul said:

Any chance we get new games announced? Or is it just what we know (Party All Stars, Metroid, Botw2, etc)? I can see them maybe revealing a Zelda collection. My hope is that some day a Mario Strikers for Switch gets announced

I’m going in not really expecting anything. I’m just excited.  The only two big rumors going around right now are Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and supposedly a new console or consoles are being added to NSO. 

idk. Again. I’m going in with no expectations 

Edited by iStu X
11 minutes ago, purbeast said:

If they show more of Metroid I'm going to be tuning out for that stuff.  I don't need to see anymore about that game.

Although they do say games coming out in the winter, and that is a fall release, so hopefully they don't show anything on it.

Thats me with pokemon cause pokemon get its own direct. If they spend 2 mins talking about Arceus game imma peace out. 

If they bring N64 on NSO is there any chance Banjo games will be there? Do Rare really own them? I loved those games

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

I’m going in not really expecting anything. I’m just excited.  The only two big rumors going around right now are Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and supposedly a new console or consoles are being added to NSO. 

idk. Again. I’m going in with no expectations 

Confirming that these are the same rumors that I've seen floating around.  Consoles I'm seeing rumors for being added to NSO are GB, GBC, and then there's that whole thing with supposedly N64 with a controller?  Really not sure on that last one cause if they're really going to do a controller for that I can only imagine how silly it will look slotted in on the side of the switch even if they decide to try to go that route...they'll probably do usb plug more than likely if real.

Only thing I'm expecting out of the direct are updates on the games coming from now to the end of the year with maybe 2-3 games for next year.  Notice that the announcements for these things has to be very careful with it's wording because people are crazy and I definitely see that it said 'focused mainly'.    We'll get Metroid, hopefully more Advance Wars,Mario Party,  might talk about Pokemon but they just had their direct last month so I'm not expecting much on that front.  Probably talk about some of the big 3rd party stuff like Shin Megami V, hopefully the next big update for MH Rise.  As for the small smattering of games that will probably get shown for next year...could literally be anything...but I'm not expecting Bayo 3 or anything having to do with Prime 4.  Bayo 3 has a higher chance of happening at TGA IF it's going to happen and I still think Prime 4 is still prob not far enough in development.  We might get another look at Mario & Rabbids, Splatoon 3, and if we actually get another look at BotW 2 then that might be good indication that the game might release in the first half.      I'm also not expecting them to announce the last Smash character this direct and I know the Smash people are going to be SHITTY AS HELL about it.  I'm not expecting that until TGA.