Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

12 hours ago, locoghoul said:

I got Banjo Kazzoie AND mothafuckin MH Rise expansion DLC!!!!

Also Mario Party Superstars is a buy from me. Went with low expectations and got served. Good stuff. Now I want my Donkey Kong 3D and Mario Strikers game cause we all know Mario Kart 9 is never coming out

We'll probably get Mario Kart 9 when the Switch is on the way out. That way Nintendo doesn't want to worry 10 for their next console.

On 9/24/2021 at 11:58 AM, RSG3 said:

Shit am I the only one who would be perfectly happy with just new tracks for MK8? Like seriously I don't need MK9, I just need more tracks. 

This.  If we aren't getting MK9 until the next console can we get more DLC please?  Its easy money with all those copies of deluxe floating around and continuing to be bought.  Tracks and I'll take some characters as well please. 

Edited by Sonichuman
11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

This.  If we aren't fetrinf MK9 until the next console can we get more DLC please?  Its easy money with all those copies of deluxe floating around and continuing to be bought.  Tracks and I'll take some characters as well please. 

Yea man they have soooo many tracks and with the recent inclusion of Link and the 2 F-Zero tracks and Kart that should open the doors for Mario Kart to be the Smash style Nintendo celebration it should have been a long time ago. Give me Samus with her Super Metroid ship as a Kart. 

Edited by RSG3
14 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

This.  If we aren't getting MK9 until the next console can we get more DLC please?  Its easy money with all those copies of deluxe floating around and continuing to be bought.  Tracks and I'll take some characters as well please. 

I wouldn't mind seeing them either retune the game a bit so it isn't so item heavy or move on to a new one already. I would probably grab any dlc they put out for 8 tho, especially if it's new tracks/characters. 

Edited by DoctaMario
3 hours ago, globe said:

It's kind of sad that the mobile Mario Kart has a better roster (and costume alternatives) than Mario Kart 8.

I wouldn't know and I could not care less. 
It's a mobile game, They could have the whole Smash Roster, including Mii costumes as character choices, each with alt costumes, babies, Gold versions, ect,  and I wouldn't care. 

At some point having way too much dilutes what is good about a game roster. 

It's also why I am not hungry for a Mario Kart 9, what more they are going to add, Samus, Kirby, add back R.O.B. , & DK Jr, Bring Pac-Man from the Arcade version? 
I though Double Dash's roster was too much, with a baby of every character, a Gold version, ect. 

Also we haven't seen a new and unique track that fits the Mario Kart ascetic in a while, the last new newer tracks in Mario Kart 8 are just normal tracks with other games themes being applied to them. Mario Kart 7 and 8 both have gimmick new items that are really the same Item with different names and logo.

If anything Mario Kart 9 should do what Final Fantasy 9 did and go back to their roots; they should drop alot of the tracks, characters, and gimmicks. 
I can go with a Kart game without the underwater, flying, and magnetic segments. I want to play Mario kart, not Hot Wheels. 

I am buying my nephew a Switch for his bday. I currently own a Switch Lite and have NSO family plan shared with cousins and friends (still got a spot or two left). My question is: is it preferable to have his Switch with a new account or set it up as my secondary Switch (same account as me)? I got games from the Eshop he could download if we shared accounts but how is that gonna affect NSO connectivity? Could we both play online at the same time? Could we both play online the same game at the same time? Ofc I understand if he had his own account these wouldnt be a problem but as of right now I dont see a benefit for him to have his own since his mom is not really into videogames and he will probably only play during weekends or with me. Please help me

8 hours ago, locoghoul said:

I am buying my nephew a Switch for his bday. I currently own a Switch Lite and have NSO family plan shared with cousins and friends (still got a spot or two left). My question is: is it preferable to have his Switch with a new account or set it up as my secondary Switch (same account as me)? I got games from the Eshop he could download if we shared accounts but how is that gonna affect NSO connectivity? Could we both play online at the same time? Could we both play online the same game at the same time? Ofc I understand if he had his own account these wouldnt be a problem but as of right now I dont see a benefit for him to have his own since his mom is not really into videogames and he will probably only play during weekends or with me. Please help me

Far as I'm aware, you can't play the same game at the same time. If the primary switch starts it while the secondary is playing it, it'll cut off on the secondary one. If you guys aren't really trying to play online together it could be a good way for him to have games to play without having to beg his mom for them. You're a good uncle!

21 hours ago, locoghoul said:

Set him up with his own account. Like DoctaMario mentioned if you have his device as a secondary you can't be online at the same time and while you can share games I would be concerned about if you have parental controls on it effects the entire account not just one system if you attach it to a profile.

HOLY BALLS!!! I was on the eShop looking through the Coming Soon section and saw COTTON 2 - Saturn Tribute, COTTON Boomerang - Saturn Tribute, and Guardian Force -Saturn Tribute, all dropping on the 30th! $17.99 each is a bit much but AGGGHHHHHH more COTTON! And Guardian Force was looks like a sweet SHMUP as well. HOW did I not know about these?!

44 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

HOLY BALLS!!! I was on the eShop looking through the Coming Soon section and saw COTTON 2 - Saturn Tribute, COTTON Boomerang - Saturn Tribute, and Guardian Force -Saturn Tribute, all dropping on the 30th! $17.99 each is a bit much but AGGGHHHHHH more COTTON! And Guardian Force was looks like a sweet SHMUP as well. HOW did I not know about these?!

This is getting a physical release so keep that in mind. Cottons 2 is fantastic and Cotton Boomerang is a remix of Cotton 2 but with more playable characters and some mechanic tweeks. Think of it as an Arranged Mode

I personally think Guardian Force kinda sorta sucks, but getting it for 18 bucks is way better then the Ebay price for the Saturn version.

I would like the Publisher of Cotton Remix to get off their ass and make Appli available to Americans. She free to Japanese players like 3 months ago. Her slot is even there in our version, you just can access it.

there's so much good stuff out there it's insane, man... I just got Steel Assault which is on sale for about 13 bucks and change... then Death's Gambit just came out and it has a sale price of 17 bucks, I think...and of course Metroid Dread is right around the corner here.... I don't even really have time for all these games at the moment either.  I just started on Actraiser Renaissance too.

5 hours ago, MillionX said:

there's so much good stuff out there it's insane, man... I just got Steel Assault which is on sale for about 13 bucks and change... then Death's Gambit just came out and it has a sale price of 17 bucks, I think...and of course Metroid Dread is right around the corner here.... I don't even really have time for all these games at the moment either.  I just started on Actraiser Renaissance too.

How far are you into Actraiser? Fillmore felt like it took ages to get though but I finished up Bloodpool last night and have gotten Kasandora up and running and it feels like things are going a lot quicker now. 

oh that's the crazy thing for me... there's been so much to do at work lately I haven't had much time...so the last I played was the first tower/defense segment of Fillmore.  

One thing is that it seems strange that the angel cannot help out during that section... I forgot what the explanation was but basically his arrows don't work during that time or against the ground enemies for some reason?  Maybe in terms of design they might've thought this would be too easy if the player is casting "miracles" while the angel is shooting *and* the hero is on ground level doing their thing.  Anyway, I don't think it was really a great first impression of the tower defense aspect of the game...it just seemed slow-paced to me, and I was waiting on it to be over so I could move on to the next thing.

Edited by MillionX

I know most if not all of you are excited about Dread next week. So with that said you should check your MyNintendo account to see how many platinum points you have. 

This is coming to the rewards program soon.

A419A3B1-4187-4988-AAB1-60A20AA9F3D1.thumb.jpeg.e8a3d84f1fb77973bbe2a3894f93065d.jpeg

My guess is that it’s going to cost about the same as the Skyward Sword lithograph. Which is 1000 platinum points But this may be cheaper. I expect around the 700-1000 points area. 

that may sound like a lot but you likely have way more platinum points than you realize. You can obtain a shit ton of points very quickly by just doing shit around the Nintendo website, taking surveys and logging into the eShop 

Edited by iStu X
9 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

How's the Tower Defense? 

Getting easier. For the most you have to protect the temple and your hero so if you build around the temple you're good. Occasionally you have to defend fields, workshops, and mage towers but you can move your structures freely so if one of those pops up, you can restructure. The ones in Fillmore and Bloodpool kinda sucked but I think part of it was because I didn't ha e a good strategy, but now that I do, its gotten a lot easier. 

Only x factor is if there's a powerful enemy during those scenarios. That can throw a wrench into things. 

11 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@DoctaMarioYeah, I just took my first L in Bloodpool. Game is fun. Could it have been better? Sure. Am I just happy that Square Enix remember the IP. Absolutely. Now if we could only get them to remember something else besides Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.....

I like the resurgence of the Mana series. Same with the SaGa series. Final Fantasy may be the series that made them a household in the West but Mana and SaGa also did their share of the heavy lifting too.

Mana and SaGa are the titles that got them into Nintendo’s handheld market. 

Also port the PSP version of Star Ocean 2 to modern consoles, Square you raggedy bitch. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@DoctaMarioYeah, I just took my first L in Bloodpool. Game is fun. Could it have been better? Sure. Am I just happy that Square Enix remember the IP. Absolutely. Now if we could only get them to remember something else besides Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.....

Yeah Bloodpool had that a couple that were tough until I figured out my strat, although the one with the giant flying demon was difficult. I think I was a bit lucky getting by that one. 

There isn't all the magic the original game had but that might be nostalgia talking, and I'm still enjoying it. What's funny is, I've found the bosses all to be pretty easy on Normal other than the Centaur. Apparently the game has a score attack type mode for the action levels instead of Professional mode, and I'm looking forward to tackling that on a higher difficulty as I don't think I want to play the rts mode on Hard .

35 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Also port the PSP version of Star Ocean 2 to modern consoles, Square you raggedy bitch. 

It saddens me that Square Enix and other Japanese companies make great portable editions or enhanced ports of their titles and just leave them there. The best versions of Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre being PSP exclusive is a crime. Don't even get me started on Persona 4 Golden.

On 9/28/2021 at 11:55 PM, RegH81 said:

and why the fuck wasn't I tagged?

That being said, Gramps has some games to buy. I just put $200 in eShop credit on my account, and I'm headed to pay off my copies of the Pokemon remasters and Arceus tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

By making it available on Nintendo Switch Online.

I don't think Squeenix has any games available on the NSO aside from the published breath of fire 1.  They don't even have Super Mario RPG or any of the Final Fantasy games on there and I'm willing to bet NIntendo probably asked if they to have at least the Final Fantasy games up there and they either said no or asked for for an amount that Nintendo didn't think was worth it.  I'd take Chrono Trigger either getting released on NSO or better yet some sort of remakster to get released on all consoles.  They can even give it to the Octopath Traveler devs and let them work their magic on it and I'd be satisfied but I just would rather the game not fade into obscurity and the new younger games to have access to try it to see what the fuss is about.