Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

5 hours ago, globe said:

New Mario Party is pretty fun. I do feel like the other Mario Party was just a beta test. I wouldn't be surprised if the New Mario Party got DLC of Gamecube maps in the future. Although looking at the track rate of Mario Party, maybe it'll just be a new game.

People have been datamining the game and supposedly there's evidence of DLC coming for the game.  We'll see if it pans out though.

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

People have been datamining the game and supposedly there's evidence of DLC coming for the game.  We'll see if it pans out though.

I can see characters being added since the base roster lacking. That'll probably be free, although more maps will probably be paid. I can see another N64 pack, a Gamecube pack, and probably a Wii/Wii U/DS pack. Time will tell if that happens.

For people who don't own a Mario Party for Switch, I recommend Mario Party Superstars over Super Mario Party.

7 minutes ago, globe said:

I can see characters being added since the base roster lacking. That'll probably be free, although more maps will probably be paid. I can see another N64 pack, a Gamecube pack, and probably a Wii/Wii U/DS pack. Time will tell if that happens.

For people who don't own a Mario Party for Switch, I recommend Mario Party Superstars over Super Mario Party.

Most of the reviews I've read have been pretty much praising this game as a return to form (which...considering what it is makes sense).  I had the game preordered and I'm intending to pick it up tomorrow.  If enough people get the game on here maybe we can organize a game night so we can all relive the salt of chance time crushing people's dreams.

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Where is the cheapest place to get the new Mario Party from?  Is it  $60 everywhere or is there somewhere selling it for like $50 or less?

Forgot about it glad my son forgot about it.  Want to surprise him with it.

Also want physical.

The game just came out Friday.  I'm not expecting it to be on sale anywhere right now.  Taking a quick look on Google has a price of the game on ebay for 50.62....which sounds sus...don't know how well that deal is..  Amazon apparently has the game for 56.98 with prime shipping so you can save a tiny bit on it from there it seems.  Looks like there's some small stuff here and there perhaps.  Looks like if you want it as close to 50 apparently Daily Steals has it for $48.99?  Don't know anything about the website but that's what I'm seeing from here.

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Wal-Mart sells pretty much all videogames for 10 dollars less then msrp.

Yeah I don't really have a Walmart near me.  The closest one is like 30 minutes away and driving an hour to save $10 doesn't seem worth it lol.  

THere's one by my work but I don't go into work anymore, still remotely.  Wasn't sure if there was some other kinda deal on it though yet.

46 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't shop at Walmart either. I literally has to be the last option. I've spent like $70 there in the last 20 years. 

Last time I went to Walmart for a Game, I had to hunt down store associate to help, as there no one in Electronics.
Rather than paging someone who work in electronics I keep on getting, "it's not my department" and they walk off.  Took me 15 minuets before I can get service, and that was with me arguing with the Assistant Store manager, I was like Mother fucker, you are a Store level manager every department is your department, either get someone to do it or you do it your self. 

12 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Haha, u poor osers still shopping at Walmart, so ghetto.

And the bitch has to white knight for the shit too. 

13 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Soooo seeing as chances of getting a PS5 are pretty slim pickings this year, I finally took the leap of faith and bought a Switch LOL.

Any good entry level games aside from first-party and the regulars? Also any good games for the wifey (i.e. simple yet fun games)?

What kinda games you into? 

I typically get all the indie $10-$30 titles on Switch over PS5/XSX because I like being able to play em when I travel.  

I'm playing through Flynn: Son of Crimson right now and I like it a lot.

Another odd but awesome game is Yoku Island Express.

Celeste is a pretty cool/challenging game.

I believe all of those are multiplatform though so not exclusive to Switch.

An exclusive to Switch that is an arcade racer that is fairly new is Cruisin Blast and I've enjoyed it.  It's SUPER arcadey though, and is an actual port of an arcade game.

9 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Forgot to mention that, duh LOL

JRPGs, fighting games (although in this scenario I guess I'll just default to PS), some retro things here and there....

Oh okay.

I can't help much on the FG and JRPG front, but there are some nice retro games that I've enjoyed.

Celeste

The Messanger

Flynn: Son of Crimson

Blasphemous

Golf Story

Katana Zero

Gunman Clive

Sparklite

These aren't very retro looking but are retro feeling with the Metroidvania style play

Shantae Half Genie games

Hollow Knight

Again, a lot of these aren't exclusive to Switch or anything though.

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't shop at Walmart either. I literally has to be the last option. I've spent like $70 there in the last 20 years. 

The problem with Walmart for me is that they're normally the first place I check for physical Switch games. There's three of them in my fucking town; and the selection at each is different. There's been times where I've ended up having to get a game I wanted from Target or even Gamestop because Walmart either didn't have the game at all or people bumrushed the store early morning to get said game. FWIW, I absolutely avoid paying retail MSRP for games unless I have no further option.

4 hours ago, Lantis said:

Forgot to mention that, duh LOL

JRPGs, fighting games (although in this scenario I guess I'll just default to PS), some retro things here and there....

Well from an exclusives standpoint. Here are the JRPGs I own. Fire Emblem Three House, Xenoblade Chronicles 1 Definitive Edition. Xenoblade Chornicles 2/Torna Expansion. The Torna expansion was DLC but it's a legit 25 to 30 self contained experience. Fighting games....not sure what to say. I mean whatever is Switch is on Playstation. If you travel a lot like Purbeast you could double dip on a few of them for travel purposes. I have Street Rage 4 on Switch because it's that type of game . It's good for portable mode. It's not exclusive but Blazing Chrome is nice Contra style game if that's your thing.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Man fuck Nintendo.

They sent an email yesterday telling me they won't fix my son's Switch because they have determined the issue wasn't caused by manufacture defects.

So I called and got details and apparently there is a crack in the housing near one of the screws.  

BOTH of these issues that he has had happened when the Switch was sitting in the dock for days/weeks and absolutely NOTHING happened to the Switch.  There is ZERO reason that it is messed up due to a small crack where a screw is.  

They won't send me a picture or anything to show me the crack either.

They want $115 ($100 + shipping) to fix it now.

I'm going to try calling again today to talk to a higher up and see if I can get them to do it under warranty.  This is such bullshit.

29 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Man fuck Nintendo.

They sent an email yesterday telling me they won't fix my son's Switch because they have determined the issue wasn't caused by manufacture defects.

So I called and got details and apparently there is a crack in the housing near one of the screws.  

BOTH of these issues that he has had happened when the Switch was sitting in the dock for days/weeks and absolutely NOTHING happened to the Switch.  There is ZERO reason that it is messed up due to a small crack where a screw is.  

I'm going to try calling again today to talk to a higher up and see if I can get them to do it under warranty.  This is such bullshit.

Yeah that's fucked up. When I was having issues with my Wii's GPU they fixed it at now charge even though it was out of warranty. WTF man.

7 hours ago, purbeast said:

Man fuck Nintendo.

Update to this...

Called and talked to a supervisor and they waived the fee as a one time thing and it will go into repair free of charge.

And damn, their supposed people are like the nicest people on the planet.

So I'm happy about that now.

Been missing for a bit, but I've got a couple of Switch things going on. 

First off, The 400gb MicroSD card that I bought with the system in 2019 is gonna be retired off in favor of a 1TB one. That should be here at the end of the week. 

I also preordered the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl double pack off of Gamestop's website (after having cancelled my in-store reservation previously).

Ugh I am pretty sure Nintendo erased my son's saved data for Splatoon 2 when repairing his Switch.

He is going to be fucking devastated.

Wish they weren't so fucking stuck in the stone age.  Fucking ridiculous that they had to even do that.  I fucking should have moved his account/data to my other Switch in hindsight.  Fuck.  I don't even know how to break this news to him once we get it.

Unless this is just some generic message they send after repairs.  I have no clue why they would have had to do this if they just repaired the console and did not give us a new one.

Thank you very much for continuing to choose Nintendo.
We have inspected the Nintendo Switch system that was sent to us for repair.
During the repair inspection process, any accounts with this device set as their primary device were deregistered.
When you receive your repaired system, please link your Nintendo Account and launch the Nintendo eShop with the account you want to register again. This will automatically register the device as your primary console. You can then proceed with redownloading any previously purchased content and access any stored save progress from the cloud if you have the Nintendo Switch Online service.
In addition, existing Nintendo eShop pre-orders may have been suspended for any accounts that set the repaired device as primary. To check the status of pre-orders on Nintendo eShop, select Your Pre-Orders in your Account Information either reactivate or cancel a pre-order within the suspension period which runs for 60 days following the pre-order's expected payment date. If you do not open Nintendo eShop within the suspension period, the suspended pre-orders will be cancelled. If you do open Nintendo eShop but do not reactivate payment for the pre-orders, the payment will be processed at the end of the 60-day suspension period.

Edited by purbeast

speaking of stuff being erased ... 

Anyone got any tips on moving Switch games off of one MicroSD card onto another? I've heard horror stories like the one@purbeast posted above before, but have been fortunate enough to not have the game moving process yet until this weekend. From what I've researched so far, it looks to be a simple process (copying nintendo folder on the old MicroSD card to desktop, then copying to the new card).

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I just don't get it.  They told me they keep the save data unless they simply cannot save it.  And his Switch powered on so it's not like they couldn't get it off.

Hoping that is just a canned email they send when repairs are done but we'll see once I get it back.

I can't remember of Splatoon 2 is one of the games that doesn't allow you to load saved data to the cloud or not cause I know there were a few games here and there that didn' and then later on some of the games they did make available through the cloud.

I just checked my switch and yeah...Splatoon 2 is one of the games that they didn't make available to save through the cloud  😕 .  IIRC the only reason they gave is for certain games that are more online based they wanted less of a chance of hacking and causing problems?  Which still doesn't make sense.

Yeah found the article on that

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/nintendo-switch-cloud-saves-not-supported-fair-play-pokemon-fifa-19-splatoon-1914134

for "fair play" online.  Which I'm not even sure what that means in the grand scheme since there's a ton of games that can be played online that can be uploaded to the cloud but something about certain games they don't want that.  Like Smash can use it but Splatoon can't.  I can only guess it has to do something with the way you earn certain things through playing online vs offline that could potentially become unbalanced?  That's best guess cause the only way you can earn abilities for you clothes in Splatoon is through online vs Smash which is just playing against other people without earning abilities.  Either way Ninty needs to find a resolve for this in the future somehow.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I just don't get it.  They told me they keep the save data unless they simply cannot save it.  And his Switch powered on so it's not like they couldn't get it off.

Hoping that is just a canned email they send when repairs are done but we'll see once I get it back.

I was reading a reddit thread about how you can't back up your own save data on the Switch, I would imagine because they don't want people using save editors. But I legit don't understand why some games wouldn't allow cloud saving, that makes absolutely no sense to me. Either way, I hate that for you son, I've lost save data before and it feels shitty.

5 hours ago, purbeast said:

Have my fingers crossed for you. I had similar email when my Wii got repaired but all my data was still in the unit when it was returned. I think, and hope in your case, that its just CYA email for when things go sideways.

Yeah the whole lack of cloud saves for Splatoon 2 and Animal Crossing because of concerns regarding balance I find stupid as hell. Animal Crossing I sort of get due to trying to limit the time travel stuff but Splatoon seems like you play enough you get everything anyway so what is the point? Hopefully they move past that nonsense for Splatoon 3, my nephew hated having to restart the game because he previously played it on my switch but despite having his own now with the same account he had to start from zero to regain everything. So dumb.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Have my fingers crossed for you. I had similar email when my Wii got repaired but all my data was still in the unit when it was returned. I think, and hope in your case, that its just CYA email for when things go sideways.

Well that is good to hear and gives me some hope because like I said, the unit still worked just fine once you turned it on, aside from wifi.

@Wellmanthere is really zero reason why games like Splatoon 2 should keep your online rank and weapons, etc, offline.  Like my son logged into his NSO account and he was back at level 1 with no weapons.  It simply makes no sense in 2021 that this is the case.

If my son could have read when he got Animal Crossing he would have played that a lot too but he couldn't read at the time and just kinda walked around and didn't know what to do.  Now that he can read he hasn't gone back to it.  So if that is another game he may have some data lost from, then I'm glad he didn't do much lol.