Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

On 11/9/2021 at 10:06 PM, Hawkingbird said:

Bruh

image0.png

Hey, that's good optimization in my book. 🤣

Speaking of BDSP...

I'm not exaggerating when I say these may be the best remakes in the franchise. Game looks solid, lots of QoL, all kinds of stuff that makes games good. DP, despite its issues, was a really solid foundation and most of its issues are outright fixed in this game.

Also, don't be fooled, these games are not the kind of games we've been getting for the last 3 gens, if you try to sleep walk through this, you'll get bodied.

There are some misses, but I'd rank the overall package pretty high.

42 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

I don't know, Link's Awakening set the bar for remakes.

I beat the remake over a year ago and sometimes see it sitting there on my shelf thinking damn... if I do another playthrough this might be worth the full price retail I paid for it lol

Don't get me wrong, it's one of the best remakes ever but I wouldn't say all my money was well spent for what it is...

Got my 1tb MicroSD card in the mail today. Followed the Ninty guide of copying stuff over from one MicroSD card to the other, and all of my downloaded games work just fine. I was worried it would give me issues with stuff like my Animal Crossing save.

Man, if I lost my ACNH island; my ass would be in the other room sleeping past my birthday over how mad my wife would be over starting the island over.

Just finished a 4 hour session of Mario Party Superstars with my wife and some friends that life in California and yeah this game is super fun and SUPER SALTY.  Connection with California was surprisingly smooth in this game and we were able to play the minigames without much of a hitch.  So yeah if we have enough people who have the game we can organize a day and let the Mario Party salt flow.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

What fanboys did to their gifts for Sakurai when they read this article...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/11/random-smash-bros-director-masahiro-sakurai-just-bought-an-xbox-series-x

giphy.gif

God forbid Nintendo looks to see what the competition is doing.

Also are we going to get mad that Sakurai doesn't live and breathe Nintendo 24/7?

Resumed my progress on Pokemon Sword in preparation to play BDSP at Christmas. The goal is to have the base game done by Christmas and then decide if I want to play the DLC. I also plan on starting playing/clearing my Switch backlog after the Christmas holidays, and hope to clear out pretty much all of my Switch backlog sans the drawn out ones (and RPGs) before Triangle Strategy releases in March. 

Also, we move:
https://www.play-asia.com/split-pad-pro-attachment-set-for-nintendo-switch/13/70f23p?tagid=1248773

(I have this preordered)

11 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

The goal is to have the base game done by Christmas and then decide if I want to play the DLC.

Isle of Armor is at its best when played parallel to the main story.

And honestly, the DLC makes the game sooooo much better, it's insane. It adds a lot of pieces that the base was missing, especially on post-game.

Edited by Volt
1 minute ago, Volt said:

Isle of Armor is at its best when played parallel to the main story.

And honestly, the DLC makes the game sooooo much better, it's insane. It adds a lot of pieces that the base was missing, especially on post-game.

I haven't bit on the DLC yet because of work and monetary concerns. I have I think about 1/3rd of the game done so far w/Plant, Water, and Fire badges obtained by beating the collective asses of the gym leaders, not to mention Marnie and her goons 😆

17 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

Resumed my progress on Pokemon Sword in preparation to play BDSP at Christmas. The goal is to have the base game done by Christmas and then decide if I want to play the DLC. I also plan on starting playing/clearing my Switch backlog after the Christmas holidays, and hope to clear out pretty much all of my Switch backlog sans the drawn out ones (and RPGs) before Triangle Strategy releases in March. 

Also, we move:
https://www.play-asia.com/split-pad-pro-attachment-set-for-nintendo-switch/13/70f23p?tagid=1248773

(I have this preordered)

Another $60 to a pair of Joycons that lacked any sort of connectivity? It's a hard sell for me specially after I found this

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Compatible-Nintendo-Replacement-Adjustable/dp/B095YDYTB8

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

Another $60 to a pair of Joycons that lacked any sort of connectivity? It's a hard sell for me specially after I found this

You're right, it is a very hard sell. But when you take into account putting in the Joycons into the Grip that comes with the console, it's manageable; but still small as fuck. I bought the attachment so I could use my Split Pads in docked mode w/other games. 

I have Daemon X Machina and I feel ashamed cause I was hype for it and I barely have played it.  Like Darc I got distracted by something else and just have not gotten back to it.  My backlog is NOT getting any better.  i still have not gotten to NMH3 and I'm refusing to play it until I finish TSA.  I was actually working on TSA and then completely got sidetracked by Dread. 

Edited by Sonichuman
Just now, OPTIMUS124 said:

Backlogs with games wasn't a thing 15 years ago for two reasons:

• Time (more of it)
  • Money (less of it)

Now it's the inverse 😂

Life of a gamer doesn't get any easier as time goes on and you reach milestones smh.  I mean I had to choose what to do with my smaller amount of free time and it basically means if I wanna game I gotta cut out something else entertainment wise so I barely watch TV anymore unless it's pinpointed stuff.  I used to just have it on in the background now I don't even do that.

16 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Life of a gamer doesn't get any easier as time goes on and you reach milestones smh.  I mean I had to choose what to do with my smaller amount of free time and it basically means if I wanna game I gotta cut out something else entertainment wise so I barely watch TV anymore unless it's pinpointed stuff.  I used to just have it on in the background now I don't even do that.

No it doesn't. From leading professional organizations, making positive social change, and laying the groundwork for the generation coming after us is tough. . . but Gamestop has B2G1 and I'll be damned if I let dust try to accumulate on my pro-controller 🤣

Edited by OPTIMUS124

I've beenakong good progress on my switch backlog (I'll never get thru my PS4 backlog what with all those PS+ games) but stuff I want keeps coming out and jumping the line like Actraiser and Tetris Effect. 

I don't know if this is an issue you guys have, but I'll have my backlog but always end up going back and playing stuff I've already played. Like I just wandered back into Bloodborne last week for some reason even though I'm close to the end of Actraiser. I think this is why I have a backlog lol

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

I've beenakong good progress on my switch backlog (I'll never get thru my PS4 backlog what with all those PS+ games) but stuff I want keeps coming out and jumping the line like Actraiser and Tetris Effect. 

I don't know if this is an issue you guys have, but I'll have my backlog but always end up going back and playing stuff I've already played. Like I just wandered back into Bloodborne last week for some reason even though I'm close to the end of Actraiser. I think this is why I have a backlog lol

That's been the thing for me as well. May as well kick it with the devil you know. This is part of why I am afraid to get Dread. Played a bit of the demo and was impressed.

Looking back now on my time with Metroid Dread... one of my favorite "Samus is a badass" scenes was a subtle one... when you kill that creature that can make itself invisible...the camera is close-up on it as it writhes in pain...you see her in the background looking at it, and casually walking to the right while she charges up the arm cannon again, then jumps over it as he falls over.  Then of course there's the final scene against the last boss, as that struggle goes on...and the showdown against a certain large boss that's chained up; the name of which is a spoiler too I guess... that thing dwarfs her in size...it's like the size of a small building, and she doesn't give even the slightest fuck like "oh what, I'm supposed to be scared?"... while charging up the arm cannon as usual.  

I wasn't really a Metroid fan before; my previous experience was only playing the first game a couple of times on my cousin's NES way back in the day.  There was some frustration here and there, like Yellow EMMI and that 1 other "soldier" fight later (toughest fight in the game, imo), but I'm definitely on board as a fan now.  It's a shame that Nintendo just let her sit in the background of their IPs for so long.  With sales being this strong, it's a safe bet there will be more for sure now.

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

Looking back now on my time with Metroid Dread... one of my favorite "Samus is a badass" scenes was a subtle one... when you kill that creature that can make itself invisible...the camera is close-up on it as it writhes in pain...you see her in the background looking at it, and casually walking to the right while she charges up the arm cannon again, then jumps over it as he falls over.  Then of course there's the final scene against the last boss, as that struggle goes on...and the showdown against a certain large boss that's chained up; the name of which is a spoiler too I guess... that thing dwarfs her in size...it's like the size of a small building, and she doesn't give even the slightest fuck like "oh what, I'm supposed to be scared?"... while charging up the arm cannon as usual.  

I wasn't really a Metroid fan before; my previous experience was only playing the first game a couple of times on my cousin's NES way back in the day.  There was some frustration here and there, like Yellow EMMI and that 1 other "soldier" fight later (toughest fight in the game, imo), but I'm definitely on board as a fan now.  It's a shame that Nintendo just let her sit in the background of their IPs for so long.  With sales being this strong, it's a safe bet there will be more for sure now.

Dread is amazing. GOTY in my book for sure.

I'm so happy I managed to beat it before I broke my hand.

Man... BDSP come this close to be a Top 5 mainline game...

But then they had to make those anime-esque Affection BS kick in just based on Happiness (no caps like in SwSh either).

Instant bust status. Don't get this game if you can't set up cheats.

Between that, forced Exp. Share, and the E4 having optimized stats, the difficulty is lopsided affffff.

Cynthia putting the fear of sharks on people again is hilarious tho. 🤣

On 11/17/2021 at 8:24 AM, DoctaMario said:

Not a problem I have. Revisiting old games isn't something I do unless I'm hype for a new release or grow bore with what I'm currently playing. My hype for Dread lead me to replay the old Metroid games over the Summer. 

Curse of the Dead Gods--I've been putting some more quality time in with this lately... so much fun; I love the art style and the general concept of the game....there's always a lot of pros and cons to consider with how you gradually get more cursed the further you go...and with certain decisions you make ...like there's rooms where you can heal up....at the cost of receiving more "corruption" which pushes you closer to yet another curse.  I've defeated 2 out of the 3 bosses on the first rung of the ladder so to speak, so I've gone up to that next tier now, at least past #1 and #3; I haven't fought the #2 that often yet.  

I love it when games have "curses" like this to consider... like will you take this bonus, but at the cost of this severe penalty... or taking this other thing pushes you towards this other "cursed" condition, and it's up to the player to decide whether or not certain things are worth it.  It teases the greed factor, and I love that concept.

Edited by MillionX
On 11/14/2021 at 6:35 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

I think we can expect more Samus in our future. 🤯 Dreads first month sales are greater than Prime 1, Prime 2, and Prime 3's first month's sales combined. Hell even if you had in the Metroid Prime Trilogy sales to the total, it still wins.

This is also only US sales and does not take into account digital sales which Doug Bowser mentioned on a conference call “is almost as close as physical sales” but he didn’t say by how much.