Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

There's a physical version of Hades as well; I keep seeing it at Walmart and Target stores.  

I keep seeing the Deluxe version of that Power Rangers fighting game at a Gamestop here... I may as well get that, so that's probably next up for me.  

Dead Cells-- it doesn't look like the "Everyone.." update is quite there on Switch from what I see, but there's other changes since I last played, so I have quite a bit to get caught up on here.  What a game, man... booting this up again, I noticed the total playtime once again; 450 hours on the Switch version....so now I may be hooked once again, so I'm alternating between Dead Cells and Curse of the Dead Gods now.  

...last run I had 3 curses on me, it was a done deal when I got to that boss with the storm magic; 3 curses and I was already at low health; there was no way.

Edited by MillionX
6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hades is $20!? I may have to snag it. I hear it it's a roguelike, which I typically don't care for, but even people that don't like roguelike's sing its praises. It actually won more GOTY awards than TLOU2.

Hades is an over head Rogue-Lite. 

@purbeastHades Physical comes with an actual full color real deal hold it in your hand game manual. 

Edited by RSG3
19 hours ago, MillionX said:

I keep seeing the Deluxe version of that Power Rangers fighting game at a Gamestop here... I may as well get that, so that's probably next up for me.  

Wouldn't recommend it.

All I hear from it is that it looks like MvCI, the gameplay is ass because it's ToD city, and the community is a den of snakes.

45 minutes ago, Volt said:

Wouldn't recommend it.

All I hear from it is that it looks like MvCI, the gameplay is ass because it's ToD city, and the community is a den of snakes.

Don't forgot unblockables, infinites, and key community members that encourages those features because "it takes effort to do them and players should be rewarded for discovering and labbing them.'  

Edited by Psychoblue
2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Don't forgot unblockables, infinites, and key community members that encourages those features because "it takes effort to do them and players should be rewarded for discovering and labbing them.'  

If they like those kinds of games then let them. 

On 11/24/2021 at 5:18 PM, Volt said:

Wouldn't recommend it.

Yup sounds like my type of game lololol

On another note, I picked up some games to kill time while I'm at work that were on sale on eshop. I got the SF30th collection, Pac-man Championship Edition 2 and I'm really on the fence on whether I should get Mario Odyssey since it's on sale. The Castlevania Advance collection is extremely tempting too.

I am a grown ass man, will I enjoy the mario game please help

17 hours ago, elliephil said:

Well Mario appeals to all ages so I don't think its really relevant. Beyond that do you like 3D Platformers? If so Mario is always the peak. Odyssee is pretty great, Mario's kit is about the best it's ever been and then there's the possessing enemies mechanic...yea. 

17 hours ago, elliephil said:

Being a grown ass man is usually irrelevant to games unless it's something that's an Early childhood game like a Sesame Street Counting game or something.  Great game is a great game.  SMO came out the same year as some really big heavy hitters and probably the only reason it didn't get more recognition is because of BotW.  Like RSG said if you like 3D platformers then SMO is going to be one of the best out there.

Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl is actually surprisingly good. All the QoL updates are much much welcomed. Grand Underground is actually something worth doing. 

yeah, there’s no platinum content really but that honestly doesn’t bother me that much. Probably because I don’t remember a lot about Platinum. 😂

my biggest complaint is the grand underground though. You’re able to find a lot of rare Pokémon in the underground and you find statues that help you spawn certain Pokémon or up the chance of running into certain Pokémon types. Which is great but the levels of the Pokémon scale to how much you’ve progressed in the main game. 

it makes sense to a point but it’s also frustrating due to the fact you’ll end up fighting level 50+ Pokémon that you caught within the first few routes like Bidoof or Wurple. There feels no semblance of balance or trade off. especially post game where you can catch level 60+ of the various starters. 

seems dumb. 

All this said and how much I’ve enjoyed it I’m also suuuuuper happy I didn’t buy it. A friend got it for me for my birthday. 

Edited by iStu X

ah, so I'm finally going to get that Namco Museum... couldn't resist anymore; I looked it up and yeah, you can indeed flip the screen

I had to check to be sure because that 1 little detail is a bit critical, imo... fortunately I think they've kept putting that option in there ever since the old PlayStation releases of "Namco Museum".....and yeah, back then I'd actually flip the screen and turn the tv on it's side to play things like Ms. Pacman in the *correct* form of presentation.

but yeah---it's currently 7.49 on sale, folks:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/namco-museum-switch/

edit---unfortunately this version of Namco Museum only has "regular" Pac-man, sadly... another casualty of when there's an ongoing legal mess concerning certain trademarks and IPs. (*Ms. Pacman)

...ooh and this reminds me... I should try and see if I could use a Mii creation to create "Dig Dug Guy" in Smash Ultimate... or perhaps a Pooka and Fygar....

Edited by MillionX

Just snagged a white OLED switch bundle off GameStop. After store credit and other discounts I had attached my account I only paid about $130 (the bundle was almost $575 after tax)

the bundle comes with

carrying case

Screen protector 

Wall charger 

headphones 

128g micro sd card

Pokémon brilliant Diamond

I only really plan on keeping the carrying case, screen protector and wall charger accessories 

My best friends sibling has already told me if I managed to get an oled they’d buy my Switch. So that takes care of that. 

I can either see if they want Pokémon Diamond as well or I’ll just trade it in. if I sell the switch to her I’ll just give her the 128b memory card since I have a 528gb. 

I’ll trade in the headphones. 

Also since GameStop is doing a x4 Points promotion for power up pro members on systems and bundles I got back my $25 off coupon I also used. 

so…yay 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

My switch was supposed to be here today but last night FedEx messaged me saying it won’t be here until tomorrow. 

it’s a first world problem but still. I want it. 😞

Hopefully they come through for you. Still can't believe they sent a bundle without the centerpiece item like that. 

19 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

Yo @iStu Xhow is that data transfer to the OLED going? Gotta say, I am not looking forward to that.

It was incredibly easy, surprisingly. Took all of 15 minutes. Keep in mind you have to reinstall/redownload all of your games. 

Secondly: according to Nintendo’s website animal crossing island data and  screenshots/videos do not transfer over. So if you have photos and videos you want to keep be sure to do nintendos convoluted as fuck transferring onto your phone or wherever. 

Iirc NSO let’s you transfer Island Data? Idk. I don’t play AC. 

Edited by iStu X
19 minutes ago, MillionX said:

HA, no surprise for me... 

• Metroid Dread this year = 61 hours
  • Dead Cells = 48 hours
  • Diablo 3 = 29 hours.

0 hours played in Docked/TV mode, of course 🤣

Considering how often you talk about playing on your switch I’m surprised you’ve logged so few hours. 

My end of the year recap is: 

* Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - 156 hours 

* Bravely Default II - 92 hours 

* Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch - 91

hours 

I definitely JRPG. 

Edited by iStu X

Damn I don't feel so bad. Now I had 358 hours. Somehow FE:Three House was still my most played game. I basically went 3 months without playing my Switch until Dread hit. I have 35 hours in Dread. I only played undocked 2 hours.

nintendo-switch-year-in-review-2021.thumb.png.65196cb0129b6e1bd5589204518a5f7d.png

Ah now to why I posted. Dread was the 11th best selling Switch game last month. So no, its not dead. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem