Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

On 11/16/2020 at 4:55 PM, iStu X said:

It’s so tempting 

F903A1CF-7E9B-4BB9-B311-E365912431E3.jpeg

I've developed a soft spot for some of those LCD games. I bought a Tiger Simon's Quest watch and this keyring LCD Tetris game that was actually manufactured by SquareSoft in the 90's. Definitely spend too much for those but they're fun collector's items just I'm sure Game and Watch would be too. Does it do anything other than play SMB?

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread! v.The Countdown to Calamity! - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity 11/20

I'm always down for a good run 'n gun. If SNK gives us a Metal Slug Collection on Switch a la SamSho Neo Geo Collection I will buy that with the quickness.

I don't even have an afro IRL but I am rocking that hair style in New Horizons. It even bounces when you walk. And yes, I am stoked about sitting. Peeps been wanting that forever. 

Just one day until Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Imma about to go into a bunker for a week to avoid spoilers. But I am SO ready to inject that game into my veins.

excited oh my god GIF by Captain Obviousexcited the hills GIF

Edited by RegH81
6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

The fuck are Platinum Points?

Pretty much every time you do something on Nintendo’s website or in use one of their apps, etc you gain platinum points. You can see the balance of your platinum points and gold points in the top right of the page when you highlight your profile on Nintendo’s website. You likely have a lot more than you think you have. 

You use them to get digital items like discounts on certain games, printable stuff like a print out Mario party block, animal crossing post cards, etc. 

lately, I’d say since around June they’ve been slowly rolling out physical rewards. For instance they have several animal crossing tote bags. 

I personally have a pop socket of the Monado from Xenoblade that I got through redeeming platinum points. 

the only downside of platinum points outside of them barely being useful is that they expire. I wanna say every 6 months. 

Edited by iStu X
Clarification and where to find said Platinum points
2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm guessing they couldn't squeeze it down enough into a cartridge...that's going to be my guess.

Googling it out, i see that the maximum size for the cartridge is 32gbs.

Until just now, i always thought it was 125gbs of space.

If so, no wonder they are going with a digital only route.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread! v. For a limited time only - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light 30th Anniversary 12/4

...a bit of a frustrating situation with this... I never finished Breath of the Wild or Hyrule Warriors, actually, and here it is time for the new one.  I'm still getting it; the gameplay/action is more of the selling point for me anyway.

sheeeittt, I forgot where I even left off on Breath of the Wild, actually... yeah, it's been that long since I played the game.  The lineup of games on Switch was just too damn hot from day 1.... especially once the major, main event level shit like Bayonetta and Diablo 3, Dead Cells, etc. started showing up....it was over... I was too far gone with those other games.

8 hours ago, MillionX said:

...a bit of a frustrating situation with this... I never finished Breath of the Wild or Hyrule Warriors, actually, and here it is time for the new one.  I'm still getting it; the gameplay/action is more of the selling point for me anyway.

sheeeittt, I forgot where I even left off on Breath of the Wild, actually... yeah, it's been that long since I played the game.  The lineup of games on Switch was just too damn hot from day 1.... especially once the major, main event level shit like Bayonetta and Diablo 3, Dead Cells, etc. started showing up....it was over... I was too far gone with those other games.

due to BOTWs design its the easiest game to come back to and pick up and play no matter the length of time between play sessions. Youre never hard locked into anything and everywhere can be returned to so you just fire it up and...do whatever the fuck you want. Its fantastic.

Age of Calamity Day One patch notes

Version 1.0.1

* Added Spanish audio.

* Fixed software issues, including the following problems: 

* Fixed issue where proceeding further became impossible after certain operations in the menu screen of the two-player mode.

* Fixed issue where proceeding further sometimes became impossible when changing characters at a certain point in some of the scenarios.

* Fixed issue where proceeding beyond the loading screen sometimes became impossible after defeating an enemy with a certain procedure in some of the scenarios.

* Fixed the issue where the screen display got corrupted and controls apart from the HOME Button stopped responding after certain operations in the materials selling menu.

11 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

If someone got an extra of that Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary, hit up your grandpa here. I was at work when Target had them on sale, and took a L on them.

Dang, I should have waited in cancelling mine at GameStop. I would have sold you my preorder 

Been playing Pikmin 3 Deluxe, pretty fun. Honestly I think this series (by Nintendo) would benefit the most with a mouse. It might be because I'm playing with joycons so that might be the reason why it doesn't feel super precise. Either way auto-lock is used like 95% of the time. Maybe I'll test it out with Dolphin emulator with the first two games with my completely legit ripped copies. I have read that the Wii ports were better with controls and some people can't even play the Gamecube ones  again.

I have an odd relationship with Pikmin, I remember watching a commercial for the second game and really wanting it. I rented it at Blockbuster and my older brother ended up liking the series way more than I did. Bought it and I still remember the day he got 100 Purple pikmin to lift the dumbbell.

So Nintendo is having their huge eShop sale. Ends 12/2. It’s over 1300 games so I’m not even going to attempt listing the prices (mainly cause I don’t know how to use this forum software that well) but I will give off the highlights of what is on sale

full list is here 

https://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide/#filter/:q=&dFR[generalFilters][0]=Deals&dFR[platform][0]=Nintendo Switch&indexName=ncom_game_en_us_title_asc

198X

99Vidas

Ape out

ass creed 3

ass creed rebel collection 

assault Android cactus+
gunvolt striker pack

bastion

battle chasers

bioshock collection 

blaster master zero

blaster master zero 2

blood stained curse of the moon 1&2

borderlands collection 

bro force

burnout paradise 

capcom beat em up bundle

cardpocalypse

carrion

castle crashes remastered

catherine 

child of light 

cosmic star heroine

creature in the well

Cup head

daemon x machina

Dark souls Remastered 

darksisers 1&2

demons tilt

desert child

dmc 1-3

diablo iii

digimon cyberslueth complete

disgaea 1, 4, 5

divinity original sin 2

doom classic 1,2,3, 64

downwell

dragon quest builders 

dragons dogma dark arisen

dusk diver

enter the gungeon

exit the gungeon 

fast rmx 

fight crab

fight n rage

galak-z the void

gato roboto

Giana sisters

god eater 3

golf story

gradia hd collection 

gris 

gunvolt chronicles luminous avenger ix

hades

hatsune Miku project diva mega mix

horizon chase turbo

hotline miami collection 

hyper light drifter special edition 

Every “Johnny’s Turbo Arcade” title 

katana zero

kenomo heroes 

Knights and Bikes

LA Noire 

Liberated 

Limbo

mario + rabbids kingdom battle gold edition

Mark of the ninja remastered

All mega man titles

metaloid origin

metro 2033 redux

metro last light

mighty gunvolt burst 

mighty switch force collection 

mine craft dungeons

monster Hunter generations ultimate 

MK11

Mother Russia Bleeds

murder by numbers 

my friend pedro

need for speed hot pursuit remastered

neocab

ni no kuni wrath of the white witch

night trap

No straight roads

okami hd

one Step from eden

onimusha warlords

panzer dragoon remake

panzer paladin

pato box

phoenix Wright trilogy

prinny 1 & 2

rayman legends

all resident evil titles 

rogue legacy

every “Sega ages” title

every shantae title

Ys VIII

wizard of legend 

west of loathing 

War born 

Valkyria Chronicles 

Valkryia Chronicles 4

trover saves the universe 

trine collection 

Travis strikes again 

transistor

the alliance alive hd

super hot

Star Wars episode 1 racer

spyro trilogy

sonic mania 

shovel Knight treasure trove 

Edited by iStu X
  • iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread! v. For a limited time only - Black Friday eShop sale happening now! Ends 12/2!

You have to do a lot of work to make Daruk mobile. His Roll/Run is fine but once you’re in enemy territory or trying to get somewhere fast he’s just agonizingly slow.

I do appreciate the fact they make his roll one of his combo enders though. That helps a lot 

his special action isn’t that great either at the start. It’s actually borderline useless. I imagine it gets better as you unlock more attack chains though. 

Edited by iStu X

I’m not posting in 3 different threads about me playing Age of Calamity so I’m going to keep all my impressions here: 

I just finished Daruk’s Divine Beast map and I kinda hate it. I hope the other beasts (daruk is the only champion I’ve recruited so far) are more mobile or have more engaging controls. Cause Musou is a genre where it’s usually at a very fast pace.

I get that they’re supposed to be essentially giant fortresses and mobile nukes so they’re are supposed to move slow but god fucking damn. Playing through the map as the divine beast was fucking torture to me and honestly kills the pacing as well as how the game flows, imo

Edited by iStu X

Double posting cause yeah, double posting: 

Now that I’ve got to mess with Daruk a bit more via side quests/trials/whatever where I can only use him I found out he’s a lot more mobile than I have him credit for.

I didn’t realize his Y could charge protection to make it bigger. I just thought it was for how long you wanted to roll Daruk for. Also the bigger sized protection he casts the faster his roll is while he’s in protection.  

You can also Y attack while he’s in a non-Protection roll state which moves him forward. Tack on all the afore mentioned plus, wall jump, paragliding, and cryonis or whatever it’s called all make him pretty mobile. 

With all the movement utilities they gave him you should never even see his standard walk cycle. Cause it’s sloooooooooow as fuuuuuuuuuck

i just unlocked some magma combos but I haven’t played with them as I’m now chilling for dinner. But I likely will shortly after since I have another side quest for him. I wanna do that before I get Urbosa. 

Edited by iStu X
46 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I hope the other beasts (daruk is the only champion I’ve recruited so far) are more mobile or have more engaging controls. Cause Musou is a genre where it’s usually at a very fast pace.

Wait until you got ahold Medoh aka...

The near equivalent of MW2's AC-130 

with the Nuke being a steady controllable blue beam of death!!

☠️

So just random shit: 

* Merchants rotate or may just not be at their stables during certain points in the game. Some show up after just doing a few missions. 

* the meditation room is just training mode. You can try out new characters, weapons, combos, etc. No items or xp are awarded. I can’t think of any Musou that has done this. 

* Power leveling through Rupees is back. Seems much, much, much cheaper this time around. (This is known but not everyone played the demo) 

* If you have them you can scan up to 5 amiibo a day. They give anything from care packages of items (quantity depends on rarity of item), rupees and weapons (rarity seems random) I think I got 5k in rupees from one of my scans. 

edit

* As you raise affinity rank in each region you are rewarded with items. I’m pretty much 100% certain the higher the affinity level (for instance Central Hyrule has 5 levels) the better rewards you’re given. 

* You can change the colors of Link’s outfits. I’m pretty sure this is only after recruiting Mipha. 

* Mipha plays exactly how everyone expected Princess Ruto to play in OG Hyrule Warriors. Mipha is super gratifying to play as. She’s a massive duck and dodge character. She seems pretty weak on the defensive side but with fountains in the right place you can weave her in and out of danger while doing huge damage no problem. 

I think she will be kinda garbage in 1v1 due to her play style but she will likely end up being the best crowd control and keep taker in the game. Not only is her weak point strike a massive AOE but her A-Special is also an AOE Heal. So she’s hella good. 

She can also do a psycho crusher. So she’s a great character all around. 

Edited by iStu X