Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

35 minutes ago, Volt said:

I have a sudden interest for this game. How big are these tiddies?

I mean, what's that gameplay looking like? 👀

Hmm...there so many blades. I'll just give you a few. @iStu Xdon't look. I don't want to spoil you.

Spoiler

Vale

xenoblade-blade-awakening.gif

Perun

perun-xenoblade.gif

Pneuma

xenoblade2-pneuma.gif

Dahlia

4Yuo2h0.gif

Edit: No, despite appearances the first character was not designed by Skort 🙃

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hmm...there so many blades. I'll just give you a few. @iStu Xdon't look. I don't want to spoil you.

Hide contents

Vale

xenoblade-blade-awakening.gif

Perun

perun-xenoblade.gif

Pneuma

xenoblade2-pneuma.gif

Dahlia

4Yuo2h0.gif

Edit: No, despite appearances the first character was not designed by Skort 🙃

I was trying to play XBC2 while at work on a tv while I was at work and I didn't dare try to wake up blades specifically cause I didn't want the chance of getting the last blade in your gifs while I was at work.

Also this is super unfortunate

18 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I was trying to play XBC2 while at work on a tv while I was at work and I didn't dare try to wake up blades specifically cause I didn't want the chance of getting the last blade in your gifs while I was at work.

Also this is super unfortunate

That bomb was cold af, man almost blew it. 

I wish Deluxe had better AI. Didn't expect it to also mess up Bullets tho. 🤣

3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I had to look them up real quick cause I haven't watched the direct yet.  That's the name of the new group eh?   Look interesting.

The direct was really good. I enjoyed it a lot. It’s going to be a struggle to not day Juan it. 

deep cut

Spoiler

C89B4CDE-D014-4DFD-A739-EF4BA6F22487.thumb.jpeg.f9d62159ca83b89d7c44c92c86d9c6df.jpeg

21 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Those 3 Amiibo's are nice.  My son is already asking for em lol.

From what I’ve been reading every previous splatoon series amiibo are also getting reprinted. 

So three sets of three inklings, stay fresh (Callie and Marie) and Off the Hook (Pearl and Marina) 

Edited by iStu X
12 minutes ago, iStu X said:

From what I’ve been reading every previous splatoon series amiibo are also getting reprinted. 

So three sets of three inklings, stay fresh (Callie and Marie) and Off the Hook (Pearl and Marina) 

Where did you read that?

And if true, and you own the OG ones, you better sell em while they are worth a ton lol.

47 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Where did you read that?

amiibo subreddit and amiibo news Twitter. I know for a fact that the octoling 3-pack, Callie and Marie as well as Pearl and Marina are being reprinted. 

47 minutes ago, purbeast said:

if true, and you own the OG ones, you better sell em while they are worth a ton lol

Disgusted Colin Farrell GIF

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

They doing way more with Splatoon 3 than I was expecting.  I'm def gonna try out the Splatana and the bow weapon.  Also curious how Big Run is going to work, sounds like a raid boss that takes over the lobby.

You should know by now the only sequels Nintendo half ass are Pokémon. 

Edited by iStu X
58 minutes ago, iStu X said:

You should know by now the only sequels Nintendo half ass are Pokémon. 

I wouldn't go that far but they usually pull through.  There was a few people in my YT and Twitter feed kinda being down on Splatoon 3  saying it was just going to be more the same.  I'm pretty sure those people have shut up now.  

1 hour ago, Jurassic said:

Has anyone tried the 8BitDo wireless controllers for the Switch? Are they any good?

I have the SN30 Pro+ and I love it more then the official Switch Pro controller.

https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Sn30-Bluetooth-Gamepad-Classic-mac/dp/B07T8JKVNT/ref=asc_df_B07TDTXHJP/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=366299147412&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12303472966531389180&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1022549&hvtargid=pla-806583342377&psc=1&ref=&adgrpid=73640427742&th=1

Edited by Chadouken
1 hour ago, Jurassic said:

Has anyone tried the 8BitDo wireless controllers for the Switch? Are they any good?

I've purchased 3 so far. Two SN30s, one for me and my brother, and one SN30pro when I decided I likes the controller but would probably love it if it had Playstation style handles on it and I was right. 

I  recommend either model but i highly recommend the SN30Pro. 

Edited by RSG3
3 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Nice, that's fucking awesome. And yeah I was referring to the figures only.

Thanks man. Yeah, I’ve been collecting since day one back when they launched in 2014.I even have the seven Japanese exclusive figures. Six of which are from Monster Hunter. The seventh is from Box Boy.

I’ve gotten close to every figure for MSRP as well too. The only ones I paid over MSRP for were 

Jigglypuff

Gold Mario

Qbby (Box Boy)

Skylanders Bowser (both versions) 

Skylanders Donkey Kong (both versions) 

Seven figures out of over 200 figures I’d say is pretty good. 

I actually have the new Monster Hunter Sunbreak amiibo coming in from Japan on Friday. They’re still coming out in the west but for some reason they no longer have a release date. Some places are saying 26th of August. Some are saying September 9th which is the same day as Steve and Alex. 

I’m not sure which is true — if either and I don’t really want to miss out on them once they do. So I just went ahead and ordered them. 

Edited by iStu X
7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Maybe I'll buy them this time. I do really like the whole Inkling aesthetic, weird as it is. 

Splatoon just oozes (heh) charm, style, charisma, and personality all its own. The entire series has that “it” factor”. It’s like a weird neon dripped post apocalyptic world (as the lore of the game hints at it being a post apocalyptic earth) but everyone is trendy as fuck and listen to low fi hip-hop. 

7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Why won't they reprint the Samus Returns set? Like come man man, please. 

The only way I see Samus Returns reprints happening is with the release of the heavily rumored Metroid Prime 1 Remaster and/or when Metroid Prime 4 finally drops 

Edited by iStu X
5 hours ago, iStu X said:

Splatoon just oozes (heh) charm, style, charisma, and personality all its own. The entire series has that “it” factor”. It’s like a weird neon dripped post apocalyptic world (as the lore of the game hints at it being a post apocalyptic earth) but everyone is trendy as fuck and listen to low fi hip-hop. 

This is actually confirmed.  Humans fucked up the environment and got themselves put to near extinction and as the years passed the Inklings and Octolings evolved.

9 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Guess tue Blue Shell ain't shit if you just drive faster then it can move.   Fucking christ my dude God damn. 

It's only possible in 200CC and I've done it ONCE.  I didn't even know it was possible to outrun the shell period so it's fucking tense as shit with the Blue Shell literally breathing down the back of your neck looking like the Angry Sun from SMB3 and you're just trying your hardest not to fuck up.

16 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

It's only possible in 200CC and I've done it ONCE.  I didn't even know it was possible to outrun the shell period so it's fucking tense as shit with the Blue Shell literally breathing down the back of your neck looking like the Angry Sun from SMB3 and you're just trying your hardest not to fuck up.

I need to play more 200cc. 

Man, I love Ursula. She’s sweet baby with an emotional support polar bear who just wants to get over her shyness through her love of music. That said — FUCK her Blade Quest. 😂

This shit is so god damn stupid. 

Edited by iStu X
On 8/10/2022 at 7:58 PM, Jurassic said:

I have bought two. I have had two official Pro Controllers drift to hard on me to play properly but so far 8BitDo Pro has been great. The battery died on me but I replaced it standard AA and just connect the charge cord and it works fine.

42 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

This is actually confirmed.  Humans fucked up the environment and got themselves put to near extinction and as the years passed the Inklings and Octolings evolved.

Slightly off topic BUUUUUT Funny there was some theories that predict that maybe 250 million years into the future, the octopus may be the next species to evolve similar to what we saw with primates. 

A TV show long ago (the future is wild) had a small segment on that. (Can't find the clip) 

6 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Slightly off topic BUUUUUT Funny there was some theories that predict that maybe 250 million years into the future, the octopus may be the next species to evolve similar to what we saw with primates. 

A TV show long ago (the future is wild) had a small segment on that. (Can't find the clip) 

Well...Octopus are fairly intelligent for what they are so I wouldn't be surprised if some scientists thought that could be the case.  Who knows if the human race will ever find out cause I get a strong feeling that someone somewhere down the line is gonna fuck it up for everyone involved cause we've too many close shaves in the last few years that have been too close together.  Used to be we'd have only have to deal with the threat of MAD every 20 or so years but now it feels like we got country leaders threatening to press the red button every 2-3 years if they feel like they're getting besmirched.