Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

17 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Sheba is one of the best blades. 😂

Just an asexual dolphin lesbian sipping tea in a bathtub who’s dream is wanting to have a harem of women to party and have orgies with. 

Bless up

I remember Sheba, kind of hard to forget such a unique characters. RNG aside, the blades are pretty cool. Each artist that created them has a different drawing style and they adhere to it with the 3D models.

13 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

If you've ever been interested in playing Pokken Tournament then...well here you go

Pokken was really good but just released on the wrong system. It being ported the switch helped a lot, as did the DLC, but there should have been more support. The same 2-3 year support plan most 1st party games have been getting on the switch should have happened with Pokken.

Honestly I would rather they do a sequel that went full on in for the Pokemon x Tekken vibe and ditched the field stuff where the controls changed with the perspective. The fighting game market doesn't really need it but as a casual Pokemon fan, lucador Pikachu and more Pokemon that homage other fighting game characters was fun to see and I would get a kick out of more.

3 hours ago, Wellman said:

Honestly I would rather they do a sequel that went full on in for the Pokemon x Tekken vibe and ditched the field stuff where the controls changed with the perspective. The fighting game market doesn't really need it but as a casual Pokemon fan, lucador Pikachu and more Pokemon that homage other fighting game characters was fun to see and I would get a kick out of more.

The problem with it was that it didn't wind up committing to either style.

A Tekken-inspired 2D fighter would be sick.

A Xenoverse-like 3D arena fighter would also be sick.

They tried both and wound up with neither. 😭

So you can get that Cursed to Golf game for $1.66, I just grabbed it and can confirm it's in English too.

According to the prices page here...

https://eshop-prices.com/games/9320-cursed-to-golf

It's 344.23 Argentinian, however I went to purchase it and it was actually cheaper than that and was 224.99, which translates to $1.66.

I created an Argentian account on the web and then linked it to a new user on my Switch, logged into eShop, entered my normal CC info and put Buenos Aires as the province, and purchase went through.

On 8/18/2022 at 12:09 PM, Wellman said:

100%. when pokken was first announced I figured they were just going to adapt Pokémon into Tekken characters. 

Like Hitmontop being an Eddie/Lucky, Ditto being Mokojin, Blaziken being a Mishima, Machoke being a King type character, etc. 

But naw, they did something weird with Pokken. It wasn’t bad by any means but they added a lot of weird things that just weren’t necessary or had good ideas that were badly implemented. It needs to be just a raw 3D Tekken style fighter. 

29 minutes ago, hanzohattori12 said:

What’s the verdict on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3? I just copped it for $10 (card only, no case).

I absolutely loved it. It’s developed by Koei Tecmo so it’s a little grind heavy but the game overall is great. 

the $20 expansion pass is absolutely worth it as well. You get additional X-Men characters, the Fantastic Four and Marvel Knights (See Midnight Sons) characters with a slew of new modes. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, hanzohattori12 said:

What’s the verdict on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3? I just copped it for $10 (card only, no case).

It's a steal for $10. It's a Marvel game with characters on the roster that people actually want. Avengers, Inhumans, X-men, etc. and some obscure people too. That games has a TON of characters. Which Marvel Infinite had that games rosters and artstyle.

Edit: Finally beat XBC 3 earlier this morning. Great ending IMO. It hits hard if you've finished XBC1 an XBC2. There are few nods that you'll get. You can unlock two "certain" characters at that point. I'm not going to tell you hours I logged. I think I got almost all the quests, outside the quests for those "certain" characters. Game is fucking huge.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Not deep but fun.

This right here. 😂

you get arguably the best characters in the game by the end of the tutorial missions. Them being Star Lord, Ms. Marvel, Crystal and Storm. There’s other good characters too like Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Magneto, etc. but the battle mechanics revolves around team attacks and team synergy and those characters work the best with eachother. 

also Scarlet Witch keeps catching L’s as she’s considered the worst character in the game. 😂

Edited by iStu X

sheeeittt, yeah that Marvel Ultimate Alliance game has the best roster at the moment... it's everyone that most people would agree are the cool character picks in Marvel....unlike various other Marvel games on the market right now. (*like Avengers on xb1/ps4....that game is laughable at best, with barely any characters people actually want to be.  Meanwhile, MUA 3 is letting me pair up various X-men and Avengers, Blade, Dr. Doom, Ghost Rider, etc. etc.)  I'm still not even finished getting all the characters.

24 minutes ago, Volt said:

jay-z-bang.gif

It's the truth though. Not even including the DLC, the roster of MUA3 easily best out of any non mobile game that was put out for a Marvel game the last gen. I am guessing the deal went through before Disney/Marvel started to pay attention to what was happening in their game division for Marvel or Nintendo/Koei Tecmo got some smooth talking negotiators to let them get to use all those properties. Cause even the upcoming Midnight Sons which has a good variety of characters including a few that make no sense for the story doesn't feel like they had got the same freedom of choices compared to UA3.

Which makes me not want a UA4 after seeing what happened with MVC:I

3 minutes ago, Wellman said:

It's the truth though. Not even including the DLC, the roster of MUA3 easily best out of any non mobile game that was put out for a Marvel game the last gen. I am guessing the deal went through before Disney/Marvel started to pay attention to what was happening in their game division for Marvel or Nintendo/Koei Tecmo got some smooth talking negotiators to let them get to use all those properties. Cause even the upcoming Midnight Sons which has a good variety of characters including a few that make no sense for the story doesn't feel like they had got the same freedom of choices compared to UA3.

Which makes me not want a UA4 after seeing what happened with MVC:I

Ultimate Alliance 3 released two years after Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite. UA3 dropped in July of 2019. Infinite released in September of 2017. I think your theory of Nintendo just having more pull than Capcom is the only explanation. IIRC Ultimate Alliance 3 dropped before Disney changed their policy about the X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc.

So I was re-watching the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 ending in the Event Theater. SPOILERS!!! For the ending. I didn't know @Chadoukenwas in Xenoblade.

Spoiler

I didn't catch this the first time. I was too busy thinking how cool it was the see the cast of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in a Nia's photo. If you look closely. Pyrrha, Mythra, and Nia are all holding infants with Rex standing behind him. Rex clapped all three of their cheeks. I joked about it when when I saw the XBC2 title screen after you beat the game. It shows them all standing together. Dude literally got all three girls at the same time. I may have to re-think Rex being the weakest protagonist in the franchise now. They should re-name him Chad.

e5a.png

Also it makes me wonder if Mio is Nia's and Rex's daughter. Nia is about tell Mio something but is interrupted and you never hear what it is. They have the same hair and eye color. Rex being her dad would explain her shorter ears in comparison to Nia 🤔

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 hours ago, iStu X said:

Pretty awesome that the Nopons have a nihilistic Satan worshiping cult in XBC2. 😂

I keep telling folks, they be sleeping on the Nopons they have the cute wrappings on mascot companion creatures but if you get into their side quests are about the wildest stuff. Still haven't play XBC3 yet but if there is not a Nopon lead smuggling/drug ring side quest as the other games had I will be disappointed.

15 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I keep telling folks, they be sleeping on the Nopons they have the cute wrappings on mascot companion creatures but if you get into their side quests are about the wildest stuff. Still haven't play XBC3 yet but if there is not a Nopon lead smuggling/drug ring side quest as the other games had I will be disappointed.

I don't really think these are spoilers, I'm being super generic but just in case.

Spoiler

Two Nopons that I can think of right away fit your description. One's is basically a stalker type. He's obsessed with a character to the point of sabotaging a project that literally plays out through the entire game. The other is just a shady blackmarket salesmen type that is clearly gouging a particular colony. Honorable mention the one Nopon that is openly racist to humans.

The two Nopon party members grew on me. Riku is basically the serious one and Manana is more the comic relief. Riku caught me off guard at first because you have this little Nopon with a super deep voice. If I didn't know better I'd swear @ShockDingowas doing Riku's voice.

30 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Unless I missing something in the article, this isn't something initiated by Nintendo. It looks like a product Irdeto is trying to market to Switch 3rd Party developers.

I take the silence from Nintendo as complicity in this manner. 
Also Irdeto at some point had to get a dev kit from Nindy. Nindy are selective who they sell dev kits too.
Sure Irdeto could use one of the many 3rd party tools without paying for a Nintendo Switch Dev kit, but that can and will but them into legal trouble with Nintendo. 

Denuvo is already awful on the PC gaming scene, it often not just break games but breaks PCs. At least with the PC, a User can fix the issues. End users can't just fix their console like you can a PC. 
Denuvo on a console is only punishing legit Consumers, the hackers, modders and Pirates are just going to bypass the Denuvo garbage like always. 

Edited by DarkSakul

I've heard of nothing but negative stuff when it comes to Denuvo on PC...but I'm kind of at a loss as to what Denovo would do to the average consumer of games on console.  Would it effect boot up of games that are bought of the package or make the game run slower?  Being genuinely curious to the cons that Denuvo would bring to console to those who actually buy their games.

Edited by Sonichuman
6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I've heard of nothing but negatively when it comes to Denuvo on PC...but I'm kind of at a loss as to what Denovo would do to the average consumer of games on console.  Would it effect boot up of games that are bought of the package or make the game run slower?  Being genuinely curious to the cons that Denuvo would bring to console to those who actually buy their games.

I don't know, but I also don't want to be in a position to find out when it does go wrong.
There already been badly made games in the past that would brick a PS4 or a Xbox One. 
With the PS4, Anthem will cause the console to reboot, sometimes to the Main Menu sometimes to a error screen and you had to rebuild their PS4's disk database.

Here an article with known Denuvo PC issues
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Denuvo

Issues include
 1. Requires an online connection

2. Denuvo Anti-Tamper functions in a way that might impact performance
In some instances the anti-tamper protection checks were confirmed to be a part of performance critical functions and had a noticeable impact on gameplay performance on some systems, as in Tekken 7

3. Causes excessive HDD/SSD reads/writes which degrades the lifespan of storage drives
 4. Server outages will prevent renewals of the offline token for new and some returning players, thereby preventing play until the outage has been solved

Edited by DarkSakul

Yeah whoever invented Denuvo... I wouldn't mind seeing them get publicly beaten in the streets.  If that was widespread then it would spell the end of any kind of enjoyable gaming experience for me.

The forced online connectivity is a big deal to me... that is without question the worst shit ever to happen to video games....and when the day comes where it's all forced to connect to servers then I'm just done with the hobby, fuck that nonsense; let it crash and burn at that point.

On 8/24/2022 at 5:13 PM, Sonichuman said:

I've heard of nothing but negative stuff when it comes to Denuvo on PC

From my understanding a lot of peoples main issues with denuvo is how companies implement it as more than just a security check. There’s been dozens of instances where companies get caught using denuvo to fish for and sell user data. 

Edited by iStu X
17 hours ago, iStu X said:

From my understanding a lot of peoples main issues with denuvo is how companies implement it as more than just a security check. There’s been dozens of instances where companies get caught using denuvo to fish for and sell user data. 

It's know that Denuvo encrypts and deencrypts large amounts of data, and it requires a Internet connection to verify.
What it never clear to the End User is what's being encrypteds and deencrypted, and for what reasons (just that your HDD is going to get trash in the processed).
And What all that being sent encrypted from your computer, a mystery. All at the cost of the end user's OS and Drives. 

Bethesda with Doom Eternal tried to slip in Denuvo with a Update patch, there was a recond number of people uninstalling the game on Steam.
Players were even threating to uninstall other Beth games as a form of protest, Beth in that same week 180 their decision and made a update to remove Denuvo. 

Edited by DarkSakul
Fuck Denuvo