Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

23 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

Picked up a couple of Switch CEs recently.

Chaos Code (fighting game - CE is only available at Playasia)
Rumble Fish 2 (bought from Limited Run - should release in December)

As I mentioned in the VG General Thread, I'm picking up Bayo 3 and P5R on Wednesday, and I'm trying to figure out what game I want to get for free.

Use that free game to send me Valkyrie Elysium (PS5) for my birthday. 🙂 

The Switcher 3 will also get a massive update when the next Gen updates roll out

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/media/news/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-arrives-on-next-gen-this-december

In addition to the next-gen release, the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will also receive an update featuring numerous additions and improvements, as well as the Netflix Witcher-themed additional content. Further details, including the release date, will be announced soon.

Edited by iStu X

Don't get fooled by the absurd glitches people are posted on Twitter, Scarlet and Violet usually just has some FPS drops and NPCs moving like they're on 5FPS.

Besides that? That game is as legit as it gets. (Shame about the starters tho...)

Also, my boy Gallade got them BUFFS. 😤

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Don't get fooled by the absurd glitches people are posted on Twitter

How are we being fooled by something we can see with our own eyes, not to mention it's happening frequently enough to other people for there to be damn near montages about it. 

Glad you've been lucky so far, I guess. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

How are we being fooled by something we can see with our own eyes, not to mention it's happening frequently enough to other people for there to be damn near montages about it. 

Like you and I discussed last night. The game isn’t a glitches out unplayable dystopian hellscape like social medias claim it to be. This isn’t the Sonic 06 of Pokémon. 😂 It just has a lot of issues where it absolutely shouldn’t have problems.

Pokemon has always been associated with handheld gameplay and should have been optimized with that in mind. It clearly wasn’t. 

And as mentioned last night, many of the complaints are from people playing on predominantly handheld mode. Which doesn’t invalidate their complaints cause they are extremely valid complaints.

From pretty much every review or musing I’ve read about playing Pokémon ScVi docked is it has the generic hiccups you’d expect from a switch title. 

They need to roll out those patches asap though. The quality of handheld mode is inexcusable. Pokémon and GameFreak shit the bed hard 

Edited by iStu X
30 minutes ago, iStu X said:

The game isn’t a glitches out unplayable dystopian hellscape like social medias claim it to be.

No offense Stu but you don't even have the game yet. Like yea we had this convo and I mostly disagreed with you last night about your points. Today doesn't change anything lol. 

And it being an issue in only portable mode still isn't a fucking excuse anyway. I don't care if only glitchy in Handheld Mode it's still glitch as fuck in one of its primary play modes. 

Like fuck I liked Cyberpunk 2077 and I didn't defend the state of the game like this. In fact I told people not to buy it until it was fixed and I liked the damn thing. 

Sorry but no, I'm not buying these excuses. It's actually worse that it's glitches as hell in handheld but not docked, portable as I said last night is Pokémons BnB. Sorry but this excusable from an IP with this much money behind it. I don't buy it. 

Edited by RSG3
  • iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread - Dragon Quest Treasures 12/9!
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Don't get me wrong, the game is technically a mess. FPS drops all over the place.

That's different than the game damn near having seizures every time you catch a mon as it is implied on Twitter.

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Like you and I discussed last night. The game isn’t a glitches out unplayable dystopian hellscape like social medias claim it to be. This isn’t the Sonic 06 of Pokémon. 😂 It just has a lot of issues where it absolutely shouldn’t have problems.

Pokemon has always been associated with handheld gameplay and should have been optimized with that in mind. It clearly wasn’t. 

And as mentioned last night, many of the complaints are from people playing on predominantly handheld mode. Which doesn’t invalidate their complaints cause they are extremely valid complaints.

From pretty much every review or musing I’ve read about playing Pokémon ScVi docked is it has the generic hiccups you’d expect from a switch title. 

They need to roll out those patches asap though. The quality of handheld mode is inexcusable. Pokémon and GameFreak shit the bed hard 

Nah, the issues happen in docked too lmao.

28 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I didnt mean you specifically, sorry. I see a lot of people hand waving the issues away. I see a lot of "It's an rpg graphics don't matter" and it's like, it's a visual medium you fucking clown. 

But yea didn't mean you specifically Stu, my bad. 

Now that's something we agree on.

It's a groundbreaking game for Pokémon standards, but it's still messy as all hell from a general perspective. That's never a good look.

But people calling it Sonic 06-tier are straight up clowns. The game is playable.

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

The starters are fantastic this Gen. Way better than 6, 7 and 8. 

I'm not a furry, so I'll have to disagree. 🤣

I miss Torterra.

12 hours ago, iStu X said:

How dare you even insinuate I am. 

I didn't. At least not intentionally. 🤣

All I did was state why I don't like the Gen 8 starters. Gen 4 had the best trio.

13 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Too many individuals are posting the same problems for me to buy this. Sorry. 

After extensive playing yesterday, I did notice a memory leak.

Truth be told, this game is the buggiest Pokémon game since RBY. I'm just having too much fun with it to bother. 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, iStu X said:

I completely forgot about Engage. Definitely playing the heck out that one when it drops. FE is crack. I won't even watch the trailers.

8 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm always in "pull the trigger" mode when I see Nintendo stuff at any kind of discount because that ish happens once in a blue moon 😕

Ah, if we’re talking 1st party then yeah. Holiday cyber sale and e3 weekend are generally the only times nintendo 1st party titles are on sale 

Edited by iStu X
20 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I suddenly got the urge to buy the 8BitDo Ultimate controller for myself. Going to fight it though it isn't necessary.

That's a pretty nice looking controller though.

Speaking of 8BitDo controllers, my bro in law has that tiny SNES looking one and while I would like to get something like that, I wish Joycons were as plug & play as PS4 controllers. Would be nice to not have to take an extra controller if I wanted to play something on my phone or PC. 

New trailer looks pretty awesome.

Gotta say though Mario's voice does bother me a little bit since it's just Chris Pratt's voice, and I just do not like him.  But I do like Charlie Day a lot and even his voice just doesn't fit Luigi that well to me.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though and hope my mind changes.  I hated on teh casting in Uncharted but ended up loving the movie.  I also don't think it would totally ruin the movie or anything for me.  I just wish they had their italian accents.