Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

17 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I'm legit surprised that they've not released a physical copy of the soundtrack yet. I imported 2's OST from Japan (via Amazon) and was pleasantly surprised by the music diversity.

Same here. I keep looking for the ost to pop up, but nothing yet. Hopefully, it gets a release or at least put on Spotify or something. 

I'm slowly but surely remaking my family of horrible Mii characters...just got Cheezus, Piss Pot Pete, Darksfadil, Deebo, Dudu McGoo and Hugh Janus in there....mannn I never get tired of making these funny little people.  They should make more games that let you play the Mii characters, man.

Game-wise I got Source of Madness this morning so I've started on that one.  I'm also almost finished with redownloading my games to the newer system; it's annoying how long that takes for the bigger file sizes.  

Edited by MillionX

So I finally bought a real Switch case; I noticed that nice looking dark brown/leathery one with the Zelda Breath of the Wild art on it fits all 3 versions of Switch... it's also a tougher, "hard shell" case so that was another selling point---and I didn't know until opening this at home that it has a part in there that works as a stand for the system... that's a nice bonus though the OLED model already has a great stand built in on the system anyway.  It also has spaces for game carts in there... seems pretty good for $18 and change.  

It's this one

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Zelda-Breath-Wild-Carrying/dp/B07983CJDX 

I've always seen those for about 17 or 18 bucks at Walmart and Target.

Edited by MillionX
On 1/3/2023 at 5:40 PM, MillionX said:

So I finally bought a real Switch case; I noticed that nice looking dark brown/leathery one with the Zelda Breath of the Wild art on it fits all 3 versions of Switch... it's also a tougher, "hard shell" case so that was another selling point---and I didn't know until opening this at home that it has a part in there that works as a stand for the system... that's a nice bonus though the OLED model already has a great stand built in on the system anyway.  It also has spaces for game carts in there... seems pretty good for $18 and change.  

It's this one

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Zelda-Breath-Wild-Carrying/dp/B07983CJDX 

I've always seen those for about 17 or 18 bucks at Walmart and Target.

My wife gifted me that case. Not gonna lie, it's pretty dam sweet

Gamers can have a massive range of video games that they can play on their Nintendo Switch. Starting from adventure games to action games and planning games to puzzle ones, you will be able to get one to keep you amused for hours. Look via a range of games such as Breath of wild, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Pokemon, Pokemon Sword, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, and Super Mario Maker 2. Here one can tap https://takeown.com/dust-and-neon-nintendo-switch-version/ this to learn more. In case you are a Pokemon fan, go for a collection of games that has the famous Pikachu in it. These cute games also make for the finest gift for your kiddos as it has amazing gameplay and appealing graphics; these video games are really to keep you busy! Just go through a variety of Nintendo Switch Games and find the best pick for you.

Edited by Waverly
20 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's their fault you wasted all that time looking for Kotaku's journalistic integrity 😉

There was a poster that had a light jab at Twitter at the bottom.  Nobody said shit about that one but people literally shitting a brick over a small jab at Kotaku.  I'm getting annoyed again just typing this so I'm gonna stop.

Free item pack for Fire Emblem Engage if you’ve played Fire Emblem Heroes (must have cleared at least the tutorial missions im FEH to get item pack in Engage) 

How to get item pack: 

https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/order-of-heroes/

item pack contents 

• The Fólkvangr weapon
  • ・The Fensalir weapon
  • ・The Nóatún weapon
  • ・The Alfonse S-rank Bond Ring
  • ・The Sharena S-rank Bond Ring
  • ・The Anna S-rank Bond Ring

Edited by iStu X

Splatoon 3 got a patch update

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59461/~/how-to-update-splatoon-3#v210

Ninja Squid may have been nerfed cause I saw a lot of people talking about the change in my twitter feed.  I still don't even have a shirt with Ninja Squid on it yet.  Been trying to get one for a minute.

Edited by Sonichuman

been playing Dragon Quest Treasures during the times my gf is at work while I’m at her house. 

the game is very okay so but the gameplay loop is interesting, engaging and fun enough for me to keep playing. 

it feels very barebones so far but I’m maybe 5-7 hours into the game and I’m very much taking my time. So I don’t really feel I can critique the game appropriately. 

It’s cool digging up and finding all these treasures that are items/equipment/weapons across the entire history of Dragon Quest. As a HUGE fan of the series it’s really cool and exciting to guess what the silhouettes are of the treasures I dug up or found. Oh, you also get statues of key characters from games past. Like I’ve found the statue of the “Second Builder” from DQ Builders 2 and some other characters that I haven’t apparatuses yet.  You also have a vault where you can display your treasures you’ve found.

the whole gameplay loop of that feels like this game is just a love letter to the series as a whole in this regard. It makes my member berries tastes very good. 

one thing I am so far extremely disappointed with so far though is the monster variety. I know DQ is known for just reskins but how the games are paced they feel different in most games. In DQT you get access to almost the entire game right off the bat so you see a lot of reskins of the same monsters very quickly. So it kinda ruins the magic for me in ways. 

Even with the all the positives I could say about the game you can also immediately tell why this game is getting such middling reviews but I’m genuinely enjoying playing it. Which is ultimately what matters. 

Edited by iStu X
21 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

My only question is why fire emblem got the push and not Advance (Famicom) Wars? WHERE IS MY ADVANCE WARS FOR SWITCH AT!? 😭

I think they said it a while ago... Waifu/Husbando culture is easier in a fantasy setting where characters are the focus. Advance Wars while they have characters the units and tactics are the focus. Unfortunately the Russian invasion of Ukraine puts the concept of fictional modern conquest for all ages in a negative light.

3 hours ago, Wellman said:

I think they said it a while ago... Waifu/Husbando culture is easier in a fantasy setting where characters are the focus. Advance Wars while they have characters the units and tactics are the focus. Unfortunately the Russian invasion of Ukraine puts the concept of fictional modern conquest for all ages in a negative light.

I know the answer but it's a ridiculous answer coming from Nintendo. My Fave series is just cursed. 😭😭😭

On 1/17/2023 at 11:35 PM, Sonichuman said:

On 1/18/2023 at 10:27 AM, Sonichuman said:

Honestly, Engage makes me feel some type of way. Not for the reasons you think. The world that my book takes place in is Elos. The world in Engage is Elyos. Heck the setting of my book features a map with two large continents surrounding a large island. The map of Elyos is continent surrounding a large island. Even the topography is similar. it's coincidence but still 😒

2Jf4Sjw.jpeg

Switch_FEE_AskTheDev_EN_Popup_01

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 1/19/2023 at 8:40 PM, RegH81 said:

So my copy of Fire Emblem Engage won't arrive until Jan 24th, even though I put my pre-order down back in mid December. Ah well. I work Friday anyway as well as Saturday and probably wouldn't start the game until my days off.

The Walmart I went to tonight didn't have any copies of it. At this point, I'm probably just gonna buy it off the eShop when I get paid on Tuesday and not waste my time looking for a physical copy.

On 1/19/2023 at 9:40 PM, RegH81 said:

So my copy of Fire Emblem Engage won't arrive until Jan 24th, even though I put my pre-order down back in mid December. Ah well. I work Friday anyway as well as Saturday and probably wouldn't start the game until my days off.

My Best Buy pre-order got to delayed but I wouldn't have been able to pick it up today anyway. I was dealing with far more serious issues.....

So, I’m not trying to get anyone’s hopes up but back in March of 2022 every retailer stopped taking preorders for Advanced Wars ReBoot Camped due to its indefinite delay.  

well, over this last week pretty much every retailer has restarted taking preorders for it. So, not only is it likely releasing soon (I’m guessing Spring-ish), this also hints at there will be a direct in February. 

Also, several leakers have mentioned that apparently Camelot and Namco are co-developing a new Mario Super Sluggers. 

so we’ll see what happens 

Edited by iStu X
6 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

What's the incentive to buy using those vs just buying outright?

Taxes and stuff like that I believe. I also have no idea if they tax the voucher purchase, at least in Texas anyway. You're basically paying for two 1st party titles ahead of time, and you can have up to like 8 vouchers max.

Edit: They do tax the vouchers here. So basically you're saving $20ish bucks by getting the vouchers, at least that's how I looked at it from my POV.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
Your mom's box

I'm actually enjoying Fire Emblem Engage. The improvement in presentation is substantial. The graphics are far better than Three Houses and the load times are much shorter. Playing on decent size 4K set. I don't see a much in the way of aliasing. Three Houses seemed to lack AA entirely. The frame rate is solid. Only time I notice anything is slight drop when transitioning from the overhead view to close quarters view for combat. Even then its may 2 or 3 frames. Story is bit more straight forward. The supports, that I've seen, seem to be the standard FE fare and to a good job of fleshing out the cast. There is twist in the story that I figured out well ahead of time. Honestly, now that I've gotten used to the artstyle, I only have two real complaints and a minor annoyance. The minor annoyance, unless I missed it, there is no real way to organize bond rings nor do I see any type of load out feature.

• Somniel is boring. There is plenty of stuff to do there (Fishing, Exercise minigames, Wyvern Rider shooter, etc.), but after a few trips. It just felt like a chore to me. Which is weird because, I never got to this point the Academy in Three Houses. 
  • The Bond conversations. (Emblem conversations) are just bad. It's feels like you are getting one exchange, out of larger conversation, with little context. Worse what little info you can glean from them requires knowledge of the Emblems game. Example: Dimitri has a line about lacking dexterity. Which is a throw a line unless you catch the reference to one of his Three Houses support conversation with Mercedes about sewing.
Edited by Darc_Requiem

I’m only on chapter 13, but I completely agree with those two points. I think the difference between the two main hubs is that the monastery felt more alive to me. The characters would talk about the events going on. Also, from what I remember the few activities available didn’t take too long and didn’t feel like a chore. I tried the strength training once and haven’t tried it again after that. 

I wish the game only let certain characters equip certain rings. That way the bond conversations could go into more depth. For instance, Marth’s conversation with Alear could focus on Alear learning more about her mother through Marth. 

Edited by JGreen