Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

@JGreenGood point, I hadn't considered that. The Bond conversations are so shallow because they have to speak to the entire cast. Maybe they could have just saved the conversations for Max bond level. So instead of three throw a lines per character. You'd get one exchange per character with some depth to it.

Side note: I used a Second Seal to de-level Vander to his base class and relevel to promote him. His rating went from 66 to 124 (Both ratings were at level 1). He's actually a decent unit now. As a vet, I know to avoid using the pre-promoted unit as they just steal EXP from the units that need it. He only gained 6xp before I demoted him. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I’m super stoked about the direct tomorrow but I’m honestly not expecting a lot. 

I can safely assume we’re going to see 

* advanced wars reboot camp release date

* XBC3 dlc info 

* mario kart 8 deluxe dlc info 

* splatoon 3 dlc info 

* mario + Rabbids spark of hope dlc 

* In-depth Tears of the Kingdom trailer 

Other than that I’m not sure what to expect. 

Edited by iStu X

Nintendo mentions in a press release that for waves 4, 5 and 6 of the MK8D DLC in addition to the standard new and returning tracks there will also be returning characters added to the roster of the game. 

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230208005930/en/5386165/Metroid-Prime-Remastered-Rolled-out-in-Latest-Nintendo-Direct-Available-Now-for-Nintendo-Switch

Edited by iStu X

Didn't get the chance to watch the full Direct until after I got home from work and during half time of a fun but ultimately upsetting Houston Rockets game.

They are bringing back Etrian Odyssey! It is a remake of the first three games and does not appear to have the Untold versions story/character additions but any Etrian Odyssey right now is better than nothing.

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

Didn't get the chance to watch the full Direct until after I got home from work and during half time of a fun but ultimately upsetting Houston Rockets game.

They are bringing back Etrian Odyssey! It is a remake of the first three games and does not appear to have the Untold versions story/character additions but any Etrian Odyssey right now is better than nothing.

I was surprised to see HD Remasters for Etrian Odyssey. Never played it myself but it's good that it's not locked on one old platform now.

I finally beat Fire Emblem Engage this weekend. It's a good game but not one of my favorites if I'm being honest. Usually with a Fire Emblem game, as soon as I finish it, I start another run. I don't really have the pull to do so with Engage. The story is pretty basic as is the lore. People are still discussing the story/lore/world of Three Houses now. Engage lacks that sort of story depth. While l like the gameplay, grinding in the game is a chore. Whether it be for gold or exp. Gold Corrupted battles only net 2400 Gold. The enemy levels for skirmishes seems to scale to the levels of your main party members*. So trying to level under leveled units is a bit of pain. The extra side activities aren't really that fun for me. So I think I'm just going to set the game aside until the DLC drops.

*Skirmishes in the Divine Paralogue section have lower leveled enemies. They are far fewer in number though.

Edit: I don't mind that they went for more classical approach to Fire Emblem this time around. It just think it could have been executed better. With no branching story, I'd expect the story to have more depth to it. The side activities just seem more like a chore than a way to break up the monotony of battle.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
13 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea, speaking of, any must have 3DS digital titles before the store closes?

I'm planning on scooping Rhythm Heaven and trying to decide if I want to buy NSMB2 digitally or just find a physical copy to add to my collection.  I just checked to see if Amazon had NSMB2 available and they do so I'll probably hold off on that.  I think Rhythm Heaven might be the only one I absolutely needs to have since it's only digital.  Shame that Dillon's Rolling Western is going to fade into the ether, hopefully they'll rerelease both games later in an upres port.

Edit:   People may want to jump on the 2 Phoenix Wright games before they vanish cause there's no telling when Capcom will fix those games up to be ported on another platform.  My wife bought them on her 3DS but I feel like I can't assume she's going to take care of hers. 

Also gotta peep onto the Wii U eshop to make sure there isn't anything I'm gonna want to scoop before it dies some time this month too.

Edited by Sonichuman
22 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm planning on scooping Rhythm Heaven and trying to decide if I want to buy NSMB2 digitally or just find a physical copy to add to my collection.  I just checked to see if Amazon had NSMB2 available and they do so I'll probably hold off on that.  I think Rhythm Heaven might be the only one I absolutely needs to have since it's only digital.  Shame that Dillon's Rolling Western is going to fade into the ether, hopefully they'll rerelease both games later in an upres port.

Edit:   People may want to jump on the 2 Phoenix Wright games before they vanish cause there's no telling when Capcom will fix those games up to be ported on another platform.  My wife bought them on her 3DS but I feel like I can't assume she's going to take care of hers. 

Also gotta peep onto the Wii U eshop to make sure there isn't anything I'm gonna want to scoop before it dies some time this month too.

Yea I'm looking exclusively st digital only content. So far only thing I've seen that interests me is the 3DS Dr Mario. Was just hoping people.might know some sleeper digital hits. 

Edit: Course the second I post this I come across a game called Dark Void Zero that looks dope. An old unreleased Capcom game they dug up and finished for the 3DS it sounds like from the description. 

Edited by RSG3

For eshop only 3DS games the ones I can think of are the Ace Attorney games that are eshop exclusive (Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice), Pocket Card Jockey (which is being released on Switch), Rhythm Heaven Megamix, the Mo games like Pushmo if you like that type of game, Boxboy games again if you’re into puzzle games, Liberation Maiden and Nano Assault Ex. Since you like shmups, I’d definitely look at the last two. Lastly, you may want to consider that while you could get non eshop exclusive games on physical cartridge it may be financially prohibitive and the cartridge itself can lose the ability to save. I’ve seen reports of FE Awakening cartridges and other going bad and people losing their save file.