Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Damn can't believe in about three weeks another digital console market gets locked away to time and memory. With Metroid Prime remastered and promise of GBA games via Switch Online, it helps narrow certain avenues but I am still on fence about buying Punch out for Wii or not.

On 3/7/2023 at 11:04 PM, Wellman said:

Damn can't believe in about three weeks another digital console market gets locked away to time and memory. With Metroid Prime remastered and promise of GBA games via Switch Online, it helps narrow certain avenues but I am still on fence about buying Punch out for Wii or not.

While it sucks, I can understand shuttering the stores for older consoles after awhile. It takes resources to keep those running and I doubt a lot of people are using them all that much anyway. Plus, there's a chance they pass the costs to run those on to the consumer at some point.

I hope we get Captain Falcon as one of the new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe characters. Nintendo doesn't wanna make a new F-ZERO because stupid AF "reasons" so giving the Captain a character spot would be much easier. We already got his car.

Or how about Kirby? With all the love he's been getting on the Switch, he more than deserves a spot among those 5 question marks.

14 hours ago, Wellman said:

I weirdly still participate just to get those themes. The backgrounds are basic but the music is always cool to hear, when I get the urge for a Tetris run. 

Still ain't never won one of the single matches. 

Some of the music are bangers. The Animal Crossing theme is one of my favorites because the music is so damn good, same with Splatoon. 

Speaking of Xenoblade, there’s going to be a limited print of the OST. There are two versions. One includes all of the music from most of the Xenoblade games (just missing X). The other, is just 3. However, it also includes a couple extras like 1/3 sized replica of Mio’s and Noah’s flutes and the box is supposed to resemble a time capsule containing the memories of the six of them. I’m probably going to get 3’s OST myself since I love the idea of the time capsule. Also, all of the music will be available online to buy as well. 

https://www.procyon-studio.co.jp/special/xbostportal/en/index.html

On 4/19/2023 at 11:41 AM, JGreen said:

Speaking of Xenoblade, there’s going to be a limited print of the OST. There are two versions. One includes all of the music from most of the Xenoblade games (just missing X). The other, is just 3. However, it also includes a couple extras like 1/3 sized replica of Mio’s and Noah’s flutes and the box is supposed to resemble a time capsule containing the memories of the six of them. I’m probably going to get 3’s OST myself since I love the idea of the time capsule. Also, all of the music will be available online to buy as well. 

https://www.procyon-studio.co.jp/special/xbostportal/en/index.html

I fucking hate they're not selling the limited edition of the OST outside of this site, plus 16k yen is a hard pill to swallow (is about $115 USD). I'll probably buy the regular edition from CDJapan, as it's about 1/2 that cost. 

Also, for our RPG fans out there .... a remaster of Ys: The Oath of Felghana will be out soon on Switch in Japan, so I would not be surprised if NIS brings the remaster stateside later this year/early 2024 and does translation work and gives it an English release.