Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

17 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The Witcher 3 was a 54GB into a 32GB cartridge. A 40GB into 32GB isn't asking for much effort. The reduction in texture quality would do the work for them. Now if they were trying to squeeze into a 16GB cartridge...yeah that wasn't going to happen.

all i'm saying is i doubt panic button was given much of a choice in the matter. they did what they could do with the resources and budget given. 

1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

I was just talking about this asshole in relationship to the Melee shitstorm that's going on right now.  I said it before but this guy can ABSOLUTELY GET FUCKED.  They  warned your ass and then you were like 'nah I"m gonna do that shit again'.  Dude got clapped so fast by the ninjas lol.

31 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Walmart got eshop cards for 10% off

https://slickdeals.net/f/14644745-nintendo-eshop-cards-10-off-9?src=jfy|recombee|bca0209b9feeae99880f0a89b9def795

Sucks these ain't the digital codes. 

It’s weird the sale is only for $5, $10 and $70 as well. Lol

im super iffy on buying physical gift cards from dotcom stores because what if they don’t activate it? Then you’re just stuck with it.

The company it’s from (Nintendo, Sony, etc) might help but don’t get your lucky stars on it. 

Edited by iStu X

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 downloaded onto my Switch. I'm hyped to get to try it out but like every other preorder I've copped, the game and everything is there ready to go, but it's locked for the rest of the week. I don't understand the logic of having it sitting there on my card and not being able to play it at all. Are they trying to conserve bandwidth by having stuff download before release like that? 

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread! v. Dry Dry Desert Until February
14 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Anyone post this deal?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller-with-Super-Mario-Odyssey-Full-Game-Download-Code/925436036?irgwc=1

If you don't have a pro controller than this is a no brainer.

I might scoop just because playing AOC on the 8bitdo or the Joycons isnt really cutting it.

I dont want Mario Odyssey digital tho.......but then its basically free so....

8 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I was playing Tetris 99 last night with the joycons detached and suddenly for about 3-5 seconds it was like the Bluetooth cut out. None of my inputs registered at all. This isn't the first time it's happened so I was wondering what might be causing that and if it's something you guys had experienced too.

Can't say I've had that issue.  I mostly play on pro controllers though.

Anytime I use the joycons they are usually attached to the system or in the grip.  I think I've only ever used them as a separate controller once or twice during the life of my system.  I'm fine with them in the grip but only resort to separate controller if its a dire situation.  I usually have all my controllers on me at all times so it rarely ever happens.  And like Darc said...the Pro Controller is where its at.  I haven't tried playing NMH like the wiimote and nunchuk setup yet though.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:19 PM, iStu X said:

They even admitted they have no idea how sabertooth games, who helped with the port managed to do what they did and that it’s a miracle they got Switcher 3 to fit on a switch cartridge.

I know how. Fairy magic and shit had to be involved!

So, my quest to obtain a 40th anniversary collector's edition for Fire Emblem is done for now. I ended up buying a $10 eShop card off Amazon and buying the game with it with some to spare. I also had my daughter-in-law ask what I wanted for Christmas, and my wife sent a picture of the box art for DQ11. Probably will buy another $100 worth of eShop credit in a couple of days once my invoicing money comes in on Tuesday and pick up Age of Calamity and maybe Rune Factory 4. I'll also start setting pre-orders up for the first three months of the year after the holiday as well. I already have Bravely Default II pre-ordered from Amazon, but I want to pick up the new Mario 3D World and Persona 5 Strikers for sure. Monster Hunter Rise I'm not really sure about yet, but if it's anything like World; I'll probably get it too.

Also, my wife is getting a ridiculous EOY bonus. Something like $4k+ pre-tax, so I'm strongly eyeing getting the Famicom/Super Famicom Classics along with a new microSD card instead of a phone or updated computer parts.

Edit: went ahead and decided to treat myself to $198 worth of eShop credit, and now Amazon has shit the bed and will probably have my order in pending overnight. Wtffff

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
blah

sheeeitttt, I finally got it yesterday, so I'm just getting started on Age of Calamity.....physical, of course; I was at Best Buy (*they actually let you go inside the store!  It's a damn shame that this is a pleasant surprise; I figured that was the case since most other places let you go inside the building now, but when the pandemic was "fresh", you had to stay outside while one of the workers brings out specific items you came there to buy.....fuck that....I enjoy the simple luxury of browsing.) It seems like I will always enjoy this type of game; we need more games like this out there.

*sidenote---the tv/movies section has been reduced to almost nothing. (*if I saw season 5 of The Originals, I finally would've bought it) 😞   I didn't even see any tv stuff at all, actually... just a couple of 4-sided standing things with movies.

Edited by MillionX

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/12/soapbox_if_the_smash_community_wants_to_savesmash_it_needs_to_start_from_within

This is a pretty good read, and goes into detail a little bit about the movements around Melee and Smash. It also would help if they kept their hygiene up too, but that's just me 🤣

Also, the fuck were the tournament organizers of Big House thinking that they would try using Slippi and Melee ISOs for the online event? I guess it's not quite understandable to the TOs that Nintendo protects their IPs on a massive scale, with only Disney doing more protecting than them. I fully understand that the hashtags exist because of this, but if the people using and posting these hashtags didn't think for a goddamn second that Nintendo wasn't going to do something like this (first hitting the organizers of The Big House with a C&D, then revoking the live stream for the Splatoon 2 finals in response to the team names) , then I've got a Virtual Boy I'd love to sell these fools.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
blah

I still don't get why anyone would think Nintendo is wrong in this. From a business stand point, which the company clearly is, they couldn't let the Big House event to go on, anymore then the NFL or NBA could promote online streams of their games on a random YouTube channel at the same time as national broadcasting of games.

13 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I still don't get why anyone would think Nintendo is wrong in this. From a business stand point, which the company clearly is, they couldn't let the Big House event to go on, anymore then the NFL or NBA could promote online streams of their games on a random YouTube channel at the same time as national broadcasting of games.

They aren't thinking. They running on pure emotion. 

so I’m doing all the post game stuff in Age of Calamity 

Spoiler

Every character gets an added bonus to their unique action post game by completing a quest. 

for example Urbosa goes from having 4 meters of lighting to 8.

I just unlock King Rhoams and every time you use his switch stance mid-combo he gets an attack buff. 

Edited by iStu X
7 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/12/soapbox_if_the_smash_community_wants_to_savesmash_it_needs_to_start_from_within

This is a pretty good read, and goes into detail a little bit about the movements around Melee and Smash. It also would help if they kept their hygiene up too, but that's just me 🤣

Also, the fuck were the tournament organizers of Big House thinking that they would try using Slippi and Melee ISOs for the online event? I guess it's not quite understandable to the TOs that Nintendo protects their IPs on a massive scale, with only Disney doing more protecting than them. I fully understand that the hashtags exist because of this, but if the people using and posting these hashtags didn't think for a goddamn second that Nintendo wasn't going to do something like this (first hitting the organizers of The Big House with a C&D, then revoking the live stream for the Splatoon 2 finals in response to the team names) , then I've got a Virtual Boy I'd love to sell these fools.

that article man:

Excellent!

On 12/6/2020 at 9:42 AM, YourFavGrandpa said:

Painting communities with a broad brush just because of the actions of a few doesn't help anyone though, that's the problem with points of view like that in the article imo. Instead of saying "x smasher is a degen and needs to up their life game" it's "the smash community as a whole needs to change" when it's a small handful of idiots doing dirt. I agree that the smash community is, well, different, but they say this stuff about every community due to the actions of a few, they've even done it about the FGC as a whole. People IN the FGC who know that it isn't everybody doing dumb shit STILL go on the whole "the FGC is fill of degens and needs to improve" which, again, is reductive and doesn't help anyone.  

Edited by DoctaMario

Was doing some shopping today and saw that Space Invaders Forever was on sale at Walmart. The game's street date is the 11th. After a quick search I see it has  3 of the 11 games on the Japan only Space Invaders Invincible Collection. Bit of a bummer but the three games Forever has (Arkanoid vs. Space Invaders, Space Invaders Extreme and Space Invaders Gigamax 4SE) look really good. $30 isn't too shabby either. No idea why Invincible Collection isn't coming stateside but importing is still possible via pre-orders on Strictly Limited:  https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/space-invaders/products/space-invaders-invincible-collection-nsw-preorder

Only thing that stings is that $70+ price tag. Not something I can do for just a standard edition right now so, I'm gonna be going with Space Invaders Forever.

Ugh, I have no clue which side I'm gonna be on. Super Mushrooms like you break bricks but Super Stars come with a banger of a song and you get to run through anything. Watch some peeps set this one out due to the Smash drama.

A few nights ago I was like Opra in Super Mario Bros. 35. YOU GET A BOWSER, YOU GET A BOWSER, EVERYONE GETS A BOWSER!!! 

10 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I've not really touched my copy but just a couple of times since I bought it. The sides are pretty dope, and I'm kinda wanting to go Team Star also if I finally dip into multiplayer.

That's the thing the people pissed a out Melee are literal drop in the bucket. That's if they olay Smash Ultimate in the first place.