Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

I haven't seen a single one yet. They seem kinda corny to me. Am I wrong?

IMO they are entertaining but the quality varies between seasons.

I think theyre generally better than most of the Dc theatrical movies (Except Wonder Woman)

Flash and Arrow in S1 and S2 were great but their 3/4 seasons were mediocre or bad(Arrow S4)

Black Lightning is in its 1st season and despite me knowing nothing of the character , I really like it.

IT has a different vibe than the others because the main character is older and has kids and it doesnt really have a villain of the week feel that the others had starting out.

Legends was just ok in Season 1 , nd improved significantly in S2 imo.

They do have some cheesy elements but I Think overall theyre good.

On 2/24/2018 at 11:52 AM, misterBee said:

I haven't seen a single one yet. They seem kinda corny to me. Am I wrong?

Well that's why Black Lightning is a bit surprising. It's more like a Netflix series than a CW series. Despite being from the same creative team, it was originally a Fox pilot that The CW picked up. Maybe that is why the show has such a different tone.

Not that the other shows have completely identical tones though. Black Lightning is just so far removed from the others tonally. Arrow was previously the most "serious" show. Flash is the more "comic booky" show with a lighter tone. Legends of Tomorrow doesn't take itself seriously and is frankly a bit ridiculous which is part of the shows charm.

Well my assessment of this weeks shows, sans Arrow, which comes on tomorrow.

Legends - I usually turn my brain off for this show. It's dumb fun, but they continually go back to pre-segregation Southern USA and have interracial couples walk around and usually no one bats an eye. I can't look past that. I'm from Virginia. I mean this Elvis episode was worse than when Jax was hitting on a white girl in Season 1. At least the people reacted in that episode. I got dirty looks when I walked through a mall with one of my white friends in 2000 and we weren't even dating. Amaya and Nate strolling around 1954 Memphis and no one gives a fuck.....really!?

Flash - Season 1 of this show was so good. Season 2 was okay. This season is basically been meh. It's not Arrow Season 3 and 4 bad but I watch it out of habit at this point. Not really caring for Ralph's character. I also don't understand why the least qualified member of Team Flash, Iris, is leading the team. You've got four genius level characters (Barry, Caitlyn, Cisco, and Harry. A police detective in Joe.) Yet Iris in charge :get_outta_here:

Black Lightning - My surprise show of the season. I've been enjoying this show the most out of the CW shows. It doesn't have the typical CW melodrama and the storylines, for superhero show, are pretty grounded. I hope they can keep up the good work.

I'm with you on the episode of Legends. The fact there was no racism at all in the time period they were in completely took me out of the episode. Amaya and Zari walk into a all white church and no one says a thing? Wally talks to a highly prejudice preacher and nothing? This is bullshit. Sucks because the show has addressed the racism of the time period before.

Black Lightning Ep.  1 x 09  Thoughts:

I’m glad the Black Lightning crew got RockB to make a cameo in the most recent episode.

DAT ASS DOE! (rofl)

I still cant believe they had Anissa reveal the secret to Jennifer in only the 9th episode of a first season. If it was another DC CW shows, they would have waited 4 seasons lol.

I like this faster paced storytelling.
Maybe bc its only 13 episodes or maybe the showrunners being different than the other DC CW is the cause.

I like Anissa’s costume better than BL. The gold color is nice.

This is the first episode where the mom had a good role in consoling Jennifer instead of “wet blanket”

Edited by DangerousJ

Yeah I have been checking it out. It's solid so far. Agree with you on the set design. They clearly took the Krypton design language from Man of Steel. Even people that didn't like the movie, liked that interpretation of Krypton.

Zod (the mother) is one of the Amazon's from Wonder Woman. Sister is jacked. It's like Gabrielle Union hit the weight room. Seg El's arranged bride looks like a young Charlize Theron. I'm sure @Maxx would be a fan. Poor Barristan Selmy got Merc'd in the pilot. He lasted longer in Game of Thrones. I have no clue who the Voice of Rao is. I was thinking Brainiac at first, but he would not take that long destroy Krypton.

Flash is a damn repeat again so I'm getting caught up on another episode of Black Lightning... unfortunately I'm 2 behind though, and the new one is on at 8!  I'll have to catch that one later then, I guess. (*it's the Iris speedster episode...she does look incredible on that one though)

The older daughter Anissa has stepped it up in overall presentation...looking quite tasty on recent episodes.  The booty is serious. :sweat: 

Regarding the powers - I mentioned to a co-worker today... one nitpick here is how Lightning uses his powers... it doesn't seem all that creative or fancy, which disappoints me.  He's used them to hover around, slow his fall from great heights, and charge up his punches and kicks..and the very obvious use of just zapping people.  I would've assumed he'd have more tricks up his sleeve considering he's been doing the superhero thing for quite a while.

Holy shit the dude just jabbed this guy in the neck with black mamba venom!!!  That was awesome, man... hahah "the poison works fast, you aint got all day.." :lol:  sheeeeit, that's one of the more fascinating animals, imo... it's one I think of whenever envisioning what to do with Vixen or anyone with animal mimicry power.....mimic the black mamba and just like that you have a venomous bite that would kill a person in minutes if they don't receive immediate medical attention.

Edited by MillionX

finally got caught up on the latest Black Lightning....  they resolved the "planted drugs" plot quickly than I expected...that seems like something you might draw out for at least 2 episodes, but whatever... Anissa continues to look better each new time I see her... the smile is gorgeous...and that ass is in desperate need of some thorough spankings.

Good to see Ms. Vice Principal again....sometimes she looks like a robot, or some kind of alien...but still cute.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

finally got caught up on the latest Black Lightning....  they resolved the "planted drugs" plot quickly than I expected...that seems like something you might draw out for at least 2 episodes, but whatever... Anissa continues to look better each new time I see her... the smile is gorgeous...and that ass is in desperate need of some thorough spankings.

Good to see Ms. Vice Principal again....sometimes she looks like a robot, or some kind of alien...but still cute.

Black Lighting is 13 episodes. They aren't going to draw out plot lines. I hope they stay with shorter seasons. This cuts out the need for filler.