Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CDB2k20 said:

LMAO!!! 😂

Damn, he will never recover from this sh#! 

I have no doubt that Damian is going to win the Kumite. it's just gunna be some bullshit. if he doesnt than the whole kumite was to humanize him more and have him being not as much of an arrogant shitter as he usually is. which is also what reders loves about damian. lol

Edited by iStu X
On 4/30/2021 at 9:02 AM, Dragonfave723 said:
Wittrock will star as Guy Gardner, who is described as a hulking mass of masculinity, and, as rendered in the comics, an embodiment of 1980s hyper-patriotism. And yet, Guy is somehow likable. Wittrock is the first actor to be cast in the show.

Hope it gets good budget cause GL corps if done well are pretty cool. Curious if they go with John Stewart or Hal Jordan besides Guy

24 minutes ago, locoghoul said:

Hope it gets good budget cause GL corps if done well are pretty cool. Curious if they go with John Stewart or Hal Jordan besides Guy

Neither. They aren't involved in the TV show.. They already released the cast of characters John and Hal aren't involved at all 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Static had Batman show up on his cartoon and various appearances on multiple DC cartoon series. Hell he's a current character on Young Justice that has Superman on it....dafuq!?

Look at you, expecting people to put 2 and 2 together and get 4. So adorable

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Static had Batman show up on his cartoon and various appearances on multiple DC cartoon series. Hell he's a current character on Young Justice that has Superman on it....dafuq!?

Maybe because it's two different comic lines? 

I could easily understand the confusion if it’s an old fan coming back into the fold. Knowing about Licensing and ownerships weren’t as easy to find out or understand back then. For all they knew it could have just been a cross-over episode/event/series/whatever. 

Plus a lot of people just don’t pay attention to subsidiaries. When I worked at the hobby store/comic book store there was a lot of people who had no idea Vertigo was DC’s NC17 publication company. 

People are allowed to be out of the loop. It happens. Just don’t be a gate keeper about it

Edited by iStu X
44 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I could easily understand the confusion if it’s an old fan coming back into the fold. Knowing about Licensing and ownerships weren’t as easy to find out or understand back then. For all they knew it could have just been a cross-over episode/event/series/whatever. 

Plus a lot of people just don’t pay attention to subsidiaries. When I worked at the hobby store/comic book store there was a lot of people who had no idea Vertigo was DC’s NC17 publication company. 

People are allowed to be out of the loop. It happens. Just don’t be a gate keeper about it

I'll take the L for my assumption that Maxx was talking about people that knew about Static and Superman. No, the average person wouldn't know this in the slightest but anyone that's followed Static even casually in the last two decades should be well aware of this. People that were born when Batman crossed over to Static are college freshmen right now. No hyperbole.....and this is another sign that I'm a goddamn fossil. Now if you'll excuse me, Matlock is about to start, so I have to go.

Gal Gadot Confirms Reports That Joss Whedon Allegedly Threatened to Make Her Career ‘Miserable’

“What I had with Joss, basically, is that he kind of threatened my career, and said if I did something, he would make my career miserable and I just took care of it instead,” Gadot told reporter Yuna Leibzon. “I handled it on the spot.”

“I wasn’t there with the guys when they shot with Joss Whedon — I had my own experience with [him], which wasn’t the best one, but I took care of it there and when it happened,” she said. “I took it to the higher-ups, and they took care of it. But I’m happy for Ray to go up and say his truth.”

Actor Charisma Carpenter, who played Cordelia Chase on Whedon’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, additionally claimed Whedon “abused his power on set.”

Several of Carpenter’s costars, including Sarah Michelle Gellar, David Boreanaz, and Michelle Trachtenberg, either echoed the allegations or voiced support for Carpenter — Trachtenberg even claiming there was an on-set rule barring Whedon from being alone with her.

HBO Max orders new "Adventures with Superman Show"

Jack Quaid (Hughie from "The Boys" (amazon Prime) will voice Superman.

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/498046-hbo-max-orders-my-adventures-with-superman-series-with-jack-quaid

Also, they are preparing a new Batman cartoon called "Caped Crusader"

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/498040-hbo-max-announces-batman-caped-crusader-series-from-bruce-timm

Edited by DangerousJ

A not so trustworthy news outlet says DC/WB might get sold. Also there are rumors that Disney may have tried to acquire it already. 

Rumors are now stronger after ATT Discovery merge since apparently owner is selling shares of Warner possibly to facilitate a sell to Amazon/Netflix/Disney etc. 

IF (big if) this was true I would have mixed feelings ngl

15 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh, this Superman CW show is still good. This plot twist man.....

Watching now, I don't think I've gotten to that twist yet but it's damn good so far. I'm curious who those other guys were 

Oh shit, this plot twist 😳

Edited by HD-Man
3 hours ago, GreyFoxx said:

I was surprised on how much heart that show has put in and i'm down for it. Besides this any CW shows going to make it past this season?

Superman & Lois is the only one I watched now. Black Lightning concluded Monday and i dropped the rest of the shows last year. Honest I basically ditched them after Crisis. Never watched Batwoman and from the outside looking in that was a wise decision.

On 5/26/2021 at 4:50 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh, this Superman CW show is still good. This plot twist man.....

Wait, what? It's good? I've dropped most CW shows years back due to how awful they became. I endured a bit and watched some Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, but eventually had to just let it go. I felt insulted by how terrible these shows were getting. Best ones are still Arrow season 2 and Flash season 1, for me. But if this Superman show really is good, I'd gladly give it a try.