Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
Wittrock will star as Guy Gardner, who is described as a hulking mass of masculinity, and, as rendered in the comics, an embodiment of 1980s hyper-patriotism. And yet, Guy is somehow likable. Wittrock is the first actor to be cast in the show.

 

Edited by Dragonfave723
Link to post
2 hours ago, CDB2k20 said:

 

LMAO!!! 😂

 

Damn, he will never recover from this sh#! 

I have no doubt that Damian is going to win the Kumite. it's just gunna be some bullshit. if he doesnt than the whole kumite was to humanize him more and have him being not as much of an arrogant shitter as he usually is. which is also what reders loves about damian. lol

Edited by iStu X
Link to post
On 4/30/2021 at 9:02 AM, Dragonfave723 said:
Wittrock will star as Guy Gardner, who is described as a hulking mass of masculinity, and, as rendered in the comics, an embodiment of 1980s hyper-patriotism. And yet, Guy is somehow likable. Wittrock is the first actor to be cast in the show.

 

Hope it gets good budget cause GL corps if done well are pretty cool. Curious if they go with John Stewart or Hal Jordan besides Guy

Link to post
24 minutes ago, locoghoul said:

Hope it gets good budget cause GL corps if done well are pretty cool. Curious if they go with John Stewart or Hal Jordan besides Guy

Neither. They aren't involved in the TV show.. They already released the cast of characters John and Hal aren't involved at all 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Static had Batman show up on his cartoon and various appearances on multiple DC cartoon series. Hell he's a current character on Young Justice that has Superman on it....dafuq!?

Look at you, expecting people to put 2 and 2 together and get 4. So adorable

Edited by RSG3
Link to post
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Static had Batman show up on his cartoon and various appearances on multiple DC cartoon series. Hell he's a current character on Young Justice that has Superman on it....dafuq!?

Maybe because it's two different comic lines? 

Link to post

I could easily understand the confusion if it’s an old fan coming back into the fold. Knowing about Licensing and ownerships weren’t as easy to find out or understand back then. For all they knew it could have just been a cross-over episode/event/series/whatever. 
 

Plus a lot of people just don’t pay attention to subsidiaries. When I worked at the hobby store/comic book store there was a lot of people who had no idea Vertigo was DC’s NC17 publication company. 
 

People are allowed to be out of the loop. It happens. Just don’t be a gate keeper about it

Edited by iStu X
Link to post
44 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I could easily understand the confusion if it’s an old fan coming back into the fold. Knowing about Licensing and ownerships weren’t as easy to find out or understand back then. For all they knew it could have just been a cross-over episode/event/series/whatever. 
 

Plus a lot of people just don’t pay attention to subsidiaries. When I worked at the hobby store/comic book store there was a lot of people who had no idea Vertigo was DC’s NC17 publication company. 
 

People are allowed to be out of the loop. It happens. Just don’t be a gate keeper about it

I'll take the L for my assumption that Maxx was talking about people that knew about Static and Superman. No, the average person wouldn't know this in the slightest but anyone that's followed Static even casually in the last two decades should be well aware of this. People that were born when Batman crossed over to Static are college freshmen right now. No hyperbole.....and this is another sign that I'm a goddamn fossil. Now if you'll excuse me, Matlock is about to start, so I have to go.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select