Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

9 minutes ago, Dracu said:

Wait, what? It's good? I've dropped most CW shows years back due to how awful they became. I endured a bit and watched some Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, but eventually had to just let it go. I felt insulted by how terrible these shows were getting. Best ones are still Arrow season 2 and Flash season 1, for me. But if this Superman show really is good, I'd gladly give it a try.

Yeah it's actually good. I only started watching it because people I know, that hate CW shows, thought it was good. 

8 hours ago, Dracu said:

Wait, what? It's good? I've dropped most CW shows years back due to how awful they became. I endured a bit and watched some Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, but eventually had to just let it go. I felt insulted by how terrible these shows were getting. Best ones are still Arrow season 2 and Flash season 1, for me. But if this Superman show really is good, I'd gladly give it a try.

Superman and Lois is UNLIKE a CW show, that's what makes it good. And that budget is movie level. I was in the same boat as you. I pretty much stopped all CW shows except Black Lightning, this here brought me back 

8 hours ago, Dracu said:

Yea no they are still awful, Superman and LoIs is just an exception...for now. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Stargirl is good too, tho technically that's an HBO Max show that CW got rights to. 

Yeah I'm with RSG3 on this. Once they announced it was going to be a CW show, I cringed. I have a hard time seeing the caliber of writing and special effects remaining the same. I REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong because Stargirl is a damn good show.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
11 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I mean they woke pushed Batwoman so hard can they afford the social response to canceling it so "soon"?

That's clearly why, but Black Lighting literally had a better black lesbian hero than Batwoman. One that didn't have to be race bent and was always a lesbian. I know Kate Kane has always been a lesbian and I like her, comic book, iteration of the character. But the original Batwoman (Kathy Kane) was straight and honestly far more of a "progressive" character. I mean she was single woman, that lived on her own, and worked in the 1950s. And she just was those things, it wasn't pushed as a ham-fisted agenda.

49 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's clearly why, but Black Lighting literally had a better black lesbian hero than Batwoman. One that didn't have to be race bent and was always a lesbian. I know Kate Kane has always been a lesbian and I like her, comic book, iteration of the character. But the original Batwoman (Kathy Kane) was straight and honestly far more of a "progressive" character. I mean she was single woman, that lived on her own, and worked in the 1950s. And she just was those things, it wasn't pushed as a ham-fisted agenda.

Yea, my issue is purely that the show fucking sucks dick. 

31 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Diggle is suppose to cameo that dumpster fire of a show soon. I'm curious to know if he's a full fledge GL now.

I'll tune in for Diggle and Batwing, but I'm out after that. Unless they're firing all the writers and hiring the ones who do Superman & Lois 

11 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I'm not sure if that twist happens last episode or next, but Google definitely ruined. There was a few other twists that caught me off guard tho 

Are you talking about Morgan Edge storyline? That's all I will say but if its about the Edge storyline it was the last episode.

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Are you talking about Morgan Edge storyline? That's all I will say but if its about the Edge storyline it was the last episode.

Yes, the Edge storyline. Now, that 2nd revelation about him was still a surprise tho, so atleast that wasn't spoiled. I have no clue where it's going but it does kinda may sense if you look at the cast 

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Yes, the Edge storyline. Now, that 2nd revelation about him was still a surprise tho, so atleast that wasn't spoiled. I have no clue where it's going but it does kinda may sense if you look at the cast 

Given the revelation, I think....

Spoiler

Morgan Edge maybe a version of H'EL. That is the only "brother" Superman has had. He was the adopted son of Superman's parents. Edge basically resurrecting Kryptonians via X-Kryptonite falls in line H'EL wanting to bring back Krypton. Plus H'EL had no love for humans either. I noticed that Edge's family symbol seemed to be a distorted "S" as well. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it looks like a twisted version of the House of El famly sigil. It's like a "S" at a 45° angle. 

Edit: I almost forgot. John Henry Irons had the 7734 dog tag that looked like is spell "HELL" when it was looked at upside down.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Given the revelation, I think....

Hide contents

Morgan Edge maybe a version of H'EL. That is the only "brother" Superman has had. He was the adopted son of Superman's parents. Edge basically resurrecting Kryptonians via X-Kryptonite falls in line H'EL wanting to bring back Krypton. Plus H'EL had no love for humans either. I noticed that Edge's family symbol seemed to be a distorted "S" as well. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it looks like a twisted version of the House of El famly sigil. It's like a "S" at a 45° angle. 

Edit: I almost forgot. John Henry Irons had the 7734 dog tall that looked like is spell "HELL" when it was looked at upside down.

I'm 100% behind your theory, and I'll be massively disappointed if this isn't true. Shit just gels nicely. Only dangling thread is what exactly made Clark go crazy on that alternate timeline to somehow fit in with this revelation 

48 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I'm 100% behind your theory, and I'll be massively disappointed if this isn't true. Shit just gels nicely. Only dangling thread is what exactly made Clark go crazy on that alternate timeline to somehow fit in with this revelation 

Before this episode I was thinking that....

Spoiler

That it was another consciousness in Superman's body. When Clark was going through all the newspaper articles from John Henry's Earth and it he said "He was just like me until he started killing people." To completely flip personalities like that makes me think that someone else was "in the driver's seat.'"

10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Before this episode I was thinking that....

Hide contents

That it was another consciousness in Superman's body. When Clark was going through all the newspaper articles from John Henry's Earth and it he said "He was just like me until he started killing people." To completely flip personalities like that makes me think that someone else was "in the driver's seat.'"

Hell, could've been Edge himself, I don't know how that x Kryptonite fully works. Like can humans transfer their minds into Kryptonians or is it only one way with Kryptonians invading human minds? 

4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Hell, could've been Edge himself, I don't know how that x Kryptonite fully works. Like can humans transfer their minds into Kryptonians or is it only one way with Kryptonians invading human minds? 

Unknown at this point. Given the revelation about Edge, I'm unsure.

Spoiler

I was thinking it was him in Superman's body. Now, I'm not so sure.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Unknown at this point. Given the revelation about Edge, I'm unsure.

Hide contents

I was thinking it was him in Superman's body. Now, I'm not so sure.

My wild card theory is 

Spoiler

Zod took over Clark's body

No basis for it, just another guess

Edited by HD-Man
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm curious how much Crisis changed things, because he already defeated him prior to it. He mentioned it to Supergirl when he initially crossed over to her show.

Yea, that's what throws my guess outta wack, but literally anything is possible after Crisis. Clark only had one kid until that happened. So it's possible certain events have been retconed out of existence. Would be nice if it somehow connected to that Krypton show lol 

Superman & Lois is still legit. Also.....

Spoiler

Now I think I know why the other Superman turned. He didn't have a family on that Earth. And his brother could bring back their mother. That would be a strong pull for a Superman with no one. The Kents, if they were his parents there, would have likely passed on as well. He'd have no one to confide in. He's be truly alone. Lonely people can be easier to "corrupt."

11 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I'm curious why tf Clark ain't calling his Arrowverse buddies to help, he definitely could've used their help with the threat this season

Keep them shit shows away from Superman & Lois 😤 Also, the answer to your question is COVID. There was supposed to be Superman/Batwoman crossover. And one of the few good things about COVID is that never happened.