Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

He's doing it right tho, he's doing Val, not Kal.

I still think they should do Icon instead tho. 

This. I'm over this cop out bullshit. I know who Val Zod is. I don't care. We deserve better than this. More and more I'm surprised that we ever got Black Panther. I'm sick of getting black versions of heroes traditionally known to be white. Is not too much to ask but then again, we can't even get a dark skin Storm....

On 7/30/2021 at 5:40 PM, BornWinner said:

Even if I thought the first was okay, I will skip Aquaman 2 if I saw her on there.

I really hope that the blowback against that cunt is severe enough that they reconsider that in this case, supporting that bitch and giving the middle finger to Depp is being on the wrong side.

It would suck for those who are not to blame working on Aquaman 2, but is a "sacrifice" i think many people will probably be willing to make.

Fuck Amber.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:25 PM, Hecatom said:

I really hope that the blowback against that cunt is severe enough that they reconsider that in this case, supporting that bitch and giving the middle finger to Depp is being on the wrong side.

It would suck for those who are not to blame working on Aquaman 2, but is a "sacrifice" i think many people will probably be willing to make.

Fuck Amber.

She has to have photos or some sort of major evidence on somebody. It can't just be because of her gender. Asia Argento got dropped like a bad habit for less.

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Is Statutory Rape the lesser crime here?

I get your point tho, and I do agree.

Amber Heard sent Johnny Depp divorce papers two days after his mother died, nearly cut off Johnny Deeps finger, put a cigarette out on his face, admitted on tape to abusing him repeatedly, mocked him for leaving to avoid the abuse, shit in his bed, copped a 7 million dollar divorce settlement that was supposed to go to charity (Children's Hospital)  but kept the bag, that 7 million was funded by the sale of Johnny's recently deceased mother's house,  stole her assistant's rape story to pass off as her own, and some how skated while Johnny's career got bodied. I'm sure I missed multiple things. TLDR; Asia Argento fucked up once. Amber Heard has been a continual piece of shit for years. It's still on going. 

Watched Suicide Squad

Spoiler

Great Movie! It was a lot of fun.

Polka Dot man not surviving is a travesty. Not only did I end up caring about him he was also quite dangerous for a joke character. He could have gotten so much villain cred had he survived. Gotta pour one out for you buddy 😢

Who would have thought Ratcatcher would end up being the heart of the movie? I thought her naivety would annoy me and make her a liability and thankfully that never happened. I want to see more of her.

I'm in favor of Bloodsport replacing Deadshot in the squad. For the film series at least. Likable and his adaptable weapons made him different enough that I didn't feel like he was a discount Lloyd.

I'm not fond of Starro losing to a swarm of rats. A monster as strong as him losing to rats? C'mon

Watched the movie. It was either watch it via theaters or renew HBO Max for a month. It was raining so . . . 

Enjoyed it, definitely an improvement over the first movie. Outside of the violence, nothing really blew me away. To be honest, I loved the character "Peacemaker" for the contextual joke that he was. Overall, I'd say 7/10.

17 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Suicide Squad 2 started out extra fucked up, that shit went left so fast 😂

Extra is being mild 🤣

Bonus character at the beginning: 

Spoiler

Why was Mary Poppins in the movie? 😂

Edited by OPTIMUS124
58 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Watched the movie. It was either watch it via theaters or renew HBO Max for a month. It was raining so . . . 

Enjoyed it, definitely an improvement over the first movie. Outside of the violence, nothing really blew me away. To be honest, I loved the character "Peacemaker" for the contextual joke that he was. Overall, I'd say 7/10.

Extra is being mild 🤣

Bonus character at the beginning: 

Hide contents

Why was Mary Poppins in the movie? 😂

Cena was definitely the highlight playing such a weird, douchey character, will definitely check out the show based on him due to his performance 

And the bonus character was cast cuz Gunn loves him, that's pretty much it. 🤣

Hope u stayed to watch the credits 👀

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Hope u stayed to watch the credits 👀

Sure did.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Because random I watched Birds of Prey. 

It's ok. 

Margot Robbie was perfectly cast, but it just seems like nothing of interest happened. The whole movie was "get the thing because dude wants the thing". That said, it was great to look at (for multiple reasons). I enjoyed it for what it was, but glad I didn't buy the Steelbook. It's a movie I doubt I'd revisit. Shame because the talent is there. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Just finished Gunns Suicide Squad. It was fine. Couple moments where I was like "Why is this scene here" but otherwise was fun. Yea Peacemaker was a pretty great. I was sad a certain character died. 

That first 10 minutes was nothing but Gunn jamming  his friends and favorite co-workers into the movie lol. 

Gunn injects just enough heart into these movies to make them work. 

8 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I feel like we'll be seeing ALOT more of Bloodsport, Peacemaker and Polka Dot Man should this movie be successful. Most ppl I talk to seem to love those 3. And last but certainly not least, King Shark who's kinda been in everything these last few years 

I was a fan of this version of Ratcatcher. Hope she shows up elsewhere too. 

The Suicide Squad was good, but I do think it was WAAAAAAY overhyped by several critics giving it high ratings and putting it in the higher echelon of DC movies. It was serviceable, but I would hardly put it in my top 5 DC movies.

I still think Harley is taking way more screen time in these movies than what she really should

Was pretty glad that...

Spoiler

They offed Blackguard in the first 10 minutes. Honestly can't stand Pete Davidson.

Edited by Lantis
22 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'll put it in my mine. 

Same, I was thinking about on the DCEU movies I liked Man of Steel, Wonder Woman, Zack Snyder's Justice League, The Suicide Squad, and Shazam. The original Suicide Squad was okay. I didn't hate but it wasn't good either. WW89 was probably my biggest disappointment since the Whedon Cut of Justice League. BvS threatrical cut was horrid. Ultimate Cut was not bad. If I had to pick a sixth, I guess the Ultimate Cut. 

Edit: When comparing Wonder Woman, BVS:UC,  WW89, and ZL Justice League, I think Snyder doesn't get a enough credit for Wonder Woman.  Wonder Woman in the DCEU without his heavy input isn't a very good character IMO. Snyder is hit or miss with me, but he seems to have a solid handle on Wonder Woman.

Edited by Darc_Requiem