Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

Enjoyed Titans and Stargirl this week, ESPECIALLY Stargirl 

Spoiler

Fairly accurate version of Eclipso, every bit as overpowered as expected, he honestly seems TOO powerful for this team to face, could easily be a big crossover worthy villain

Still the best DC show out besides Superman and Lois 

51 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Enjoyed Titans and Stargirl this week, ESPECIALLY Stargirl 

Reveal hidden contents

Fairly accurate version of Eclipso, every bit as overpowered as expected, he honestly seems TOO powerful for this team to face, could easily be a big crossover worthy villain

Still the best DC show out besides Superman and Lois 

Can I give a half thumbs up? I want to give a thumbs up for the Stargirl take but Titans....this has been the worse season so far me. I like certain characters, dude playing Superboy is killing it IMO but the show itself is just bad. I could see a good team of writers doing much better with the talent on the show.

39 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Can I give a half thumbs up? I want to give a thumbs up for the Stargirl take but Titans....this has been the worse season so far me. I like certain characters, dude playing Superboy is killing it IMO but the show itself is just bad. I could see a good team of writers doing much better with the talent on the show.

The acting is the only thing keeping me on board at this point. The cast for Titans is fantastic. They all nail their characters very well. It pisses me off that this show has CW quality writers behind it.

33 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Yall entitled to your opinion, that's cool, I think Titans is fine tho, I don't see anything awful about the season so far. I'm more concerned if they can finally stick the landing, they usually do OK with the other stuff 🤷🏾‍♂️

Besides botched/rushed endings, they also cram a LOT of shit into one season. Tim Drake character looks fine but imo not the season to do it. Same with Blackfire. Take your fucking time. Half of the season the cast didnt really interact with each other. Dick goes off on his own, Gar is just there to google things in the computer, Starfire just walks around the house looking hot and doing nothing... i feel bad for them cause they are convincing on their roles. Hank/Dawn was a really nice couple that coulda been explored more. 

6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Yall entitled to your opinion, that's cool, I think Titans is fine tho, I don't see anything awful about the season so far. I'm more concerned if they can finally stick the landing, they usually do OK with the other stuff 🤷🏾‍♂️

The newest episode can fuck right off when it comes to Beast Boy wanting to redeem Jason. Gar using himself as an example is the not the same. Cadmus performed open brain surgery on him to turn him into a killer. Jason willingly betrayed Batman to Crane, killed Hank and became an addict afterwards. Their circumstances are nowhere near the same but the show wants to make me believe it is. It's bullshit

I love how this thread on all three seasons of titans has been “this season is awesome” until the last few episodes and then it’s “wtf are these writers doing? Burn it all down”

im honestly surprised you guys even made it this far. I barely got through 3 episodes of season 1 before dropping it. Shits garbage. 😂

Edited by iStu X
18 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The newest episode can fuck right off when it comes to Beast Boy wanting to redeem Jason. Gar using himself as an example is the not the same. Cadmus performed open brain surgery on him to turn him into a killer. Jason willingly betrayed Batman to Crane, killed Hank and became an addict afterwards. Their circumstances are nowhere near the same but the show wants to make me believe it is. It's bullshit

It's just bad writing. They could have told the same story. They could have had Crane dose Jason against his will from the beginning. Having Jason seek out Crane makes him the architect of his own demise. As it stands he ratted out his family before was on the "no fear" drug.

Man, I made the mistake of leaving my TV on CW after Stargirl went off. Supergirl is horrible. Like how can Superman & Lois and Supergirl be on the same network. Titans hasn't been good this season but I'll take it over that trash I saw from last night. Had to turn it off half way through the episode, not even Diggle could make me stick it out.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I'm interested in the Pattison Batman movie, it does have a detective comics from the late 80s vibe going for it.  I hope Batman finally acts like a detective and we get a different kind of movie.  I do wish we could get some other DC properties off the ground, PLASTICMAN MOVIE WHEN????

Edited by J-ride