Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

54 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Well the previous episode makes more sense now. He didn't have the General's permission to lock up Superman. He went AWOL.

The minute she called him and he kept dodging her calls I should've know what was up instantly 

And remember that general who took some soldier serum and turned into NOT Hulk? I feel like that's where this is going when Anderson does whatever he's about to do with Cult lady

Edited by HD-Man

Looks like they did a backdoor pilot for The Flash's kids last week. Pretty much Impulse and XS were the stars of the latest Flash episode (nobody else). Looks like the Vampire Diaries/The Originals/Legacies universe are loosely a part of the Arrowverse too because they borrowed each other's strange monsters (Legacies and DC's The Legends of Tomorrow). Speaking of which, the latest episode of Legacies was great. they even geeked out on a Dungeons & Dragons campaign in order to solve puzzles regarding a genie/djinn and the 3 wishes.

Falcon's Landing was one of their D&D campaigns.

I watched THE BATMAN:

Spoiler

+ Pattison's Batman voice was good, I could understand what he was saying and that he spoke clearly.

+ Minimal use of CGI made the movie feel real.

+ The cinematography caused the city to look dirty.  I loved the way so many of the shots forced you to focus on the middle of the screen.  It seemed to imply the walls were closing in as the movie went further along.  The movie had it's own unique feel and definitely didn't feel like they just slapped a sepia filter over the film for no reason in typical DC fashion.

+ It felt like an actual detective story and Batman wasn't the entire focus of the film.

+ Batman was rolling around in armor and not silly ass tights.

+ Portrayed a relatively green Batman, I liked that he struggled against big groups of goons and he didn't just OWN everyone for free. 

+ Pattison was QUICK when it came to fight scenes.  It was refreshing because the former Batmen (Bale/Affleck) were so swole they could barely move around.  He was TAKING NAMES in most of the fight scenes.  

- Did not like his portrayal of Bruce Wayne as he was too juvenile for someone in his twenties.  I'm Reeves did this to show that he was "sheltered" but it just didn't make sense considering he had been Batman for a bit at this point.

- The movie really meandered around the middle, it could definitely would have benefited from a few minutes cut out during editing.  The movie felt about 15 minutes too long.

Overall I'd rank it as the 3rd best Batman movie.  It wasn't better than Begins or Dark Knight IMO.  I believe this is vague enough to not really spoil much of anything from the film, but I put it under a hidden tab since the movie is still relatively new.

Edited by J-ride

I finally got to see "The Batman" today.

Pros:

The first real movie to have a detective Batman

The mood was very dark throughout the movie. 

The mystery angle was pretty well done.

Zoe Kravitz was well cast. I though she was just ok in previous work, but this was her movie as much as PAttinson.

Pattinson/Wright/Dano/Turturro/Farrell do great work as well.

Cons

I wish Alfred had been in it more.

I wish there were 1-2 more big  action scenes.

Overall:  8.5/10

Batman movie ratings

The Dark Knight:  9/10

B. Begins/Mask of Phantasm/ The B - 8.5/10

Joker / The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - 8/10

Batman 1989/ Lego Batman - 7.5/10

Batman Returns/ Batman 1966 - 7/10

Batman Forever - 6/10

Batman and Robin (1997) - 2/10

Edited by DangerousJ

I watched it on opening day. Overall liked it, kinda felt the post climax wasn't handled well like you can see the sequel bait kinda ruined the theme of the movie. I liked how the whole mobster mafia was handled. TBH this felt like a tv show special, not to look down on it but in terms of pacing and feel. Catwoman felt very updated in terms of comics, wasn't very fond of Hathaway's portrayal. Pattinson's Batman was the shit. I liked the off voice cause it feels like a comic book. Idk, I hope the next one keeps up the good work

Just now, HD-Man said:

Superman and lois 

Hide contents

I should've saw that shit coming, 😂

Yeah...

Spoiler

I didn't trust Lucy for shit. So I knew she was up to something. They need to resolve this Sarah situation though. Being friends with that girl and asking Jordan to be friends with her is fucking ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah...

Hide contents

I didn't trust Lucy for shit. So I knew she was up to something. They need to resolve this Sarah situation though. Being friends with that girl and asking Jordan to be friends with her is fucking ridiculous.

Spoiler

At first I thought it was like an evil Lucy from that other Bizarro world, but apparently it's just regular Lucy being an idiot 🤦🏾‍♂️

Spoiler

Not sure how I feel about his appearance, but I still wish they had that for Joker instead of what they left in the film. It felt like they shoehorned him in in the final product, but this is much better.

But I have a random concern about a sequel for The Batman that's been nagging at me (spoilers for the end of the film):

Spoiler

What can they really do to top themselves? Riddler flooded the city. Yeah, his final plan didn't work out, but he still flooded the damn city. What villain can out-do that? I may be thinking too narrow with sequel escalation, but I'm still wondering.

Yea, seemed like he was a last minute addition in the movie just to say "Look, we got a sequel coming". This deleted scene feels perfect as it blends well and actually ties into the current plot. I think Warner Bros probably made the director add that at the end

They should've cut or shortened a few other uneccessary scenes in the movie and kept the deleted one. 

4 hours ago, axeman61 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not sure how I feel about his appearance, but I still wish they had that for Joker instead of what they left in the film. It felt like they shoehorned him in in the final product, but this is much better.

But I have a random concern about a sequel for The Batman that's been nagging at me (spoilers for the end of the film):

Hide contents

What can they really do to top themselves? Riddler flooded the city. Yeah, his final plan didn't work out, but he still flooded the damn city. What villain can out-do that? I may be thinking too narrow with sequel escalation, but I'm still wondering.

Spoiler

They set up the Batman event called “No Mans Land”. The event happened through an earthquake instead of coordinated attacks but I feel the event will more-or-less play out the same. Which is Penguin, Joker, Poison Ivy and others trying to take control of Gotham while shit is in massive disarray. 

I actually disagree with every single one of those. They are fun portrayals of those villains but they are all one dimensional. Every single one of those villains has been portrayed better by someone else down the line. 

Not to downplay the significance of these roles because they are iconic and extremely influential, but better versions have been done since. 

Edited by RSG3
Just now, RSG3 said:

I actually disagree with every single one of those. They are fun portrayals of those villains but they are all one dimensional. Every single one of those villains has been portrayed better by someone else down the line. 

Not to downplay the significance of these roles because they are iconic and extremely influential, but better versions have been done since. 

They are the most literal portrayal of the characters you can ever have. Lol. 

"what's his name.. The penguin? Make him do penguin shit" 

5 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

My favorite Penguin is the one from the Arkham games. 2nd is Collin Ferrell Penguin, he could move up to that top spot based on the new show 

Yea both of those Penguins are at the top of my list. 90a comic Penguins decently high to cuz he dressed the dapper high socialite part but he was a ruthless monster when no one who mattered was looking. 

Really getting tired of these multi week breaks during Superman & Lois seasons....

Spoiler

Really over Sarah as a character. You cheat on your boyfriend. He doesn't break up with you. You start chilling with the chick you cheated with. Ask them to be friends. Dude gets distant for a few days and you break up with him. Miss me with this character.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

It's like a CW staple for characters to be excessively intrusive into others lives and deep secrets then be butt hurt when ppl set boundaries. Broke up with the man cuz he didn't tell u all his family business, it's like Lana from Smallville all over again 😂

EDIT : u read my mind, I posted this before even reading yo post. That chick is so unfair to him, she's full of shit 

Also

Spoiler

Bizarro Jonathan, who clearly seems to be inspired by 90s Superboy, albeit evil. I'm liking where this is going 

Edited by HD-Man