Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Its more the second part that is troubling. 

He may have a mood disorder such as depression or , bipolar that may be responsible or he could have a personality disorder such as borderline personality. 

Borderline personality  patients are more prone to violence. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3342993/

Bipolar makes more sense but he's also drunk every time this shit goes down. He may just be a really bad drunk 

19 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm still trying to figure out how this dude didn't get fired when there was footage of him choking and slamming some random female fan. In this "Cancel Culture" era where people get fired over a difference of opinion. How did this dude not get canned? That's a fireable offense in virtually any era.

Because you aint firing a dude you invested millions into that fast. The movie hasnt even come out yet

22 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Also, the story from a couple years ago seemed loony. As if he didn't really slam the girl or something. I didn't even follow up on it to see if it was real.

Theirs a video somewhere.. I dont think it went viral though

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Because you aint firing a dude you invested millions into that fast. The movie hasnt even come out yet

Movie hadn't even filmed at that point. They literally reshot all of Kevin Spacey's scenes from a movie that had already been filmed. This is the same company that essentially used Zack Snyder's daughter's suicide to can him and had no issue moving on from Ben Affleck had already scripted his solo film. Ezra Miller is not a big star.  Bending over backwards for him when he committed assault of a woman on video makes no sense. Especially given WB's track record.

Think we learned with the Oscar's the other night that there are rules for thee but not for me. 

Yea Ezra isn't Will Smith caliber, but he's on the up and up. Even that loser Jucie Smallyay only got like 3 months and he even serving them yet. You and I would been locked up no bond immedietly for wasting Cops time. 

Dude gets light treatment for being an actor even if he isn't a Will Smith name he still gets preferential treatment in the end. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm still trying to figure out how this dude didn't get fired when there was footage of him choking and slamming some random female fan. In this "Cancel Culture" era where people get fired over a difference of opinion. How did this dude not get canned? That's a fireable offense in virtually any era.

I think it's the same reason why Amber Heard also still has a job

36 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Movie hadn't even filmed at that point. They literally reshot all of Kevin Spacey's scenes from a movie that had already been filmed. This is the same company that essentially used Zack Snyder's daughter's suicide to can him and had no issue moving on from Ben Affleck had already scripted his solo film. Ezra Miller is not a big star.  Bending over backwards for him when he committed assault of a woman on video makes no sense. Especially given WB's track record.

Depends how much they already paid him.. I thi k hes helping write it. When you sign on you get a certain amount even if it doesnt go down. 

45 minutes ago, Lantis said:

I think it's the same reason why Amber Heard also still has a job

Amber Heard still has a job because she's woman. Any dude with a history of DV and a laundry list of evidence showing continual unrepentant atrocious behavior would have been gone. She would vanished as fast as Tom Sizemore. Check that, it was perfect storm. The height of the Me Too movement, where calling women out on bullshit would give the  person pointing it out canned. Plus the current media, more than ever, refuses to back track from their initial take. It was the case in the past, but when evidence to the contrary showed up they either got quiet or posted a muted apology. Now they just put their fingers in their ears and play dumb.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
29 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Amber Heard still has a job because she's woman. Any dude with a history of DV and a laundry list of evidence showing continual unrepentant atrocious behavior would have been gone. She would vanished as fast as Tom Sizemore. Check that, it was perfect storm. The height of the Me Too movement, where calling women out on bullshit would give the  person pointing it out canned. Plus the current media, more than ever, refuses to back track from their initial take. It was the case in the past, but when evidence to the contrary showed up they either got quiet or posted a muted apology. Now they just put their fingers in their ears and play dumb.

Its not because shes a woman. That shit isnt even over in court. 

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Its not because shes a woman. That shit isnt even over in court. 

Johnny Depp has been black listed. She hasn't. The treatment of the two of them is directly intertwined. So explain the reason, besides the clearly obvious one, why she still hasn't been fired and he has. Because "that shit isn't even over in court" just doesn't cut it.

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Johnny Depp has been black listed. She hasn't. The treatment of the two of them is directly intertwined. So explain the reason, besides the clearly obvious one, why she still hasn't been fired and he has. Because "that shit isn't even over in court" just doesn't cut it.

Imdb tells me hes got a film in pre production and an animated series coming out. 

7 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Imdb tells me hes got a film in pre production and an animated series coming out. 

Neither of which are Hollywood productions. I know about the film IIRC the director is French woman that's gotten shit for hiring Depp. Never heard of the cartoon but apparently the country origin is Serbia. Meanwhile he got replaced by Mads Mikkelsen in the Fantastic Beast franchise. An Amber got replaced by...oh wait she didn't. She still filmed Aquaman 2. Both WB productions 🤔

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

I'm not normally for all this man/woman double standard talk, but what's happening IS a double standard, unless the studios know something we don't.

They are both guilty of domestic violence, but he got everything taken away for it. They both should be out of work, but we only care about men beating women.

To compound matters the only reason he didn't get canned from Fantastic Beasts 2 is JK Rowling told people to kick rocks. 

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

To compound matters the only reason he didn't get canned from Fantastic Beasts 2 is JK Rowling told people to kick rocks. 

Is his character in Fantastic Beasts 3? I can't tell as he's been recast or played by someone else for reasons a few times. Hard to keep him straight. 

10 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Who has also been unnecessarily harassed and heckled for NOT being Johnny Depp, which is also fucked up too (he had to close his social media accounts for the same reason)

Yeah Mads had zero to do with Depp getting canned. People need to leave him alone. Of course people are dumbasses so I'm unfortunately not surprised by this.