Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

Legendary comic artist Neal Adams passed away this afternoon. He was best known for his dynamic and genre defining art for several DC titles including but not limited to Batman, Green Arrow and Green Lantern. 

He was also co-creator of Green Lantern John Stewart, Ra’s Al Ghul and Man-Bat along with helping Joel Shuster and Jerry Seigel receive pensions for their contributions to DC Comics

He was 80. 

RIP. Even today Your talents and contributions are unmatched 

Edited by iStu X

While I started Elden Ring (started with the confessor) I also started Yakuza 6.

Yakuza 6 starts off with the emotional gut punch. I didn't think Haruka calling Kiryu family would lead to so much foul shit happening. Then there's the kid too. I'm feelings mirror Kiryu. Who's the baby dad but more importantly why isn't he here? Regardless of the circumstances he's getting a hello punch to the face.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

While I started Elden Ring (started with the confessor) I also started Yakuza 6.

Yakuza 6 starts off with the emotional gut punch. I didn't think Haruka calling Kiryu family would lead to so much foul shit happening. Then there's the kid too. I'm feelings mirror Kiryu. Who's the baby dad but more importantly why isn't he here? Regardless of the circumstances he's getting a hello punch to the face.

They always talk about a woman's maternal instinct but use dudes have paternal instincts. It seems like that part of Yakuza 6 hit us all the same.

31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Part of the reason Stargirl and Superman & Lois stuck out is because of HBO Max money. I mean watching an episode of Superman & Lois and then trying watch a girl of Supergirl is laughable. Well okay, for two reasons. The effects and the writing. 

The second they dropped the first trailer for Superman, I could no longer take the other CW shows seriously, I literally stopped watching them all accept for the crossover episodes 😂

23 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

The second they dropped the first trailer for Superman, I could no longer take the other CW shows seriously, I literally stopped watching them all accept for the crossover episodes 😂

I was already on the outs with the CW shows. The S&L premiere was the nail in the coffin for anything not called Stargirl. The difference in production values and writing were just too much man.

It's alot of shit going on in this new season of Young Justice, it's kinda challenging to keep up with, and I like that

Spoiler

Expected Zod turn heel, but he seems pretty mellow (for now atleast). I'm sure he's running some type of angle tho. His son a total nail head tho, Metron fucked him and his homies up good tho lol

Edited by HD-Man

Maybe now we'll finally get a real Batman tv show on the level of Superman and Lois. No, not young Bruce, Batman's uncle or random background character gettin a show that happens to take place in Gotham, actually having Bruce as Batman, solving cases with detective work and fighting villains 

1 hour ago, Dracu said:

Not if they show her getting viciously disemboweled for those 10 minutes.

People like Mera though, they don't like Amber Heard. Although if they did a live action version of Flashpoint that followed the arc of the animated movie, we'd get to see her walk in on Aquaman clapping Wonder Woman's cheeks and Wonder Woman beheading Mera when she gets confronted by her 🤔

51 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Oh and here is the Wonder Woman vs Mera scene I was referencing. 10-0 Matchup in Wonder Woman's favor.

She also murks Aqua Man in the recent Flash Point Beyond comic. 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

RIP.

I’m just going to post what I posted on my FB

Absolutely gutted over the passing of the legendary George Perez. I never really paid attention to who was writing/drawing comics until very recently. I’d say the last three-to-five years or so.

When I found out about George being so sick I watched a lot of mini-documentaries about his career. 

I genuinely had no idea so much of his art was what brought so many of the stories that I love to life. Once I did I realized that when George passed away a huge part of my childhood and what got me into the comics would go with him. 

Thank you for everything, George. Thank you for being the true hero that brought our heroes to life. 

We all love you and we will all miss you terribly. We’ll keep reading the brilliant stories you helped create to make sure you’re never forgotten. 

RIP.

So the first issue of Jurassic League dropped today. It’s a mini-series where everyone in the DC universe is a prehistoric animal. 

These panels are within the first few pages of the issue. 
45A83169-62EA-41EB-8AF5-42F4889230AE.thumb.png.8e06d2f4057b530bde5de69a43114815.png648B4AFA-A68D-49DD-A439-8B28E1A44E8D.thumb.png.39d97ad53f353c5552933de9fcd140ff.png

why yes, yes that is a dinosaur Batman delivering a bridged German suplex to a dinosaur joker. Thank you for asking and thank you Daniel Warren Johnson and Juan Gedeon for this delicious food

Edited by iStu X