Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I wonder if The Batman will be in Joker 2.

No they have said a bunch they wanna keep those two separate. Matt reeves doesnt wanna have to deal with dceu continuity 

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I get that but also why 

Literally the only reason. I can almost gurentee he got bullied by execs to do it. He was only semi interested in a sequel originally. 

 

Either that or execs threatened to use a new director to tell a sequal

Edited by Maxx
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The fuckery around this dude is fucking maddening. What will it take for him to be held accountable? 

Ezra will be held accountable. Kinda. They HAVE to be out as Flash; it's only a question of if WB is ballsy enough to drop the film in theaters or put it on streaming. Re-doing it will probably cost too much with no benefit. WB had some claim not too long ago that this was their best DCEU movie, so it was obvious they were trying to wait for the drama to go away. But Ezra is trying to do a real-life speed run of crime, so the drama keeps popping up.

Edited by axeman61
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2022 at 7:31 PM, iStu X said:

I get that but also why 

 

Because the story can continue? + Money

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The fuckery around this dude is fucking maddening. What will it take for him to be held accountable? 

 

By this point I will not be surprised if he gets away with murdering someone.

Edited by Hecatom
Link to comment

It's such a hilarious trashfire at this point.  I'm not sure we've even seen anything quite like this before... he's put WB in such a bad spot with all these shenanigans for the past couple of years now... the main star of a movie they had planned to be such a big deal for the DC movie universe....and it's been a non-stop shitshow for quite a while now.  Ezra has basically ruined everything as much as possible.  It wouldn't even be a surprise if the next development is that he has murdered a few people and got into a high-speed chase from authorities.... or perhaps he takes the recent advice of Ethan Klein and bombs an NRA convention.

 

He's so insane it's amusing in how stupid this all is.  Imagine how Ezra's life would be if he just chilled out like a normal person and enjoyed the incredible fortune of being THE star in a major superhero film that is integral to the whole DC universe on the big screen... and surely they would've called him back for sequels beyond that.  He could've been living the dream and that much more set for life but nope... had to sabotage all that as much as possible.  Imagine fucking all that up to such a severe degree that even the magical LGBTQ status shield doesn't save you from the consequences. (imagine if it was a regular straight male actor doing all this; he would've been instantly destroyed after that first incident of choking a woman on video.)  That is astounding.  Oh yeah I'm looking forward to whatever craziness happens next.  I want to see where this crazy train ultimately ends up.

Edited by MillionX
Link to comment
22 hours ago, MillionX said:

It's such a hilarious trashfire at this point.  I'm not sure we've even seen anything quite like this before... he's put WB in such a bad spot with all these shenanigans for the past couple of years now... the main star of a movie they had planned to be such a big deal for the DC movie universe....and it's been a non-stop shitshow for quite a while now.  Ezra has basically ruined everything as much as possible.  It wouldn't even be a surprise if the next development is that he has murdered a few people and got into a high-speed chase from authorities.... or perhaps he takes the recent advice of Ethan Klein and bombs an NRA convention.

 

He's so insane it's amusing in how stupid this all is.  Imagine how Ezra's life would be if he just chilled out like a normal person and enjoyed the incredible fortune of being THE star in a major superhero film that is integral to the whole DC universe on the big screen... and surely they would've called him back for sequels beyond that.  He could've been living the dream and that much more set for life but nope... had to sabotage all that as much as possible.  Imagine fucking all that up to such a severe degree that even the magical LGBTQ status shield doesn't save you from the consequences. (imagine if it was a regular straight male actor doing all this; he would've been instantly destroyed after that first incident of choking a woman on video.)  That is astounding.  Oh yeah I'm looking forward to whatever craziness happens next.  I want to see where this crazy train ultimately ends up.

I'm the first person to give justification if someone is clearly mentally ill, but yeah, Ezra has no more scrapes at the bottom of the sympathy bucket for me. It's clear they need help, but they or the people around them won't get it. It's just sad to see so much opportunity end in whatever tragedy we're barreling towards.

Edited by axeman61
Link to comment

Real talk, I don't think Ezra Miller is "non-binary" it seems to be a shield for Ezra to get away with reprehensible behavior. To my knowledge, Ezra's only been involved with woman or women that identify as non binary. Not only that, Ezra's been called out for not honoring other peoples pronouns. Ezra appears to be an abusive straight man that's found a "cheat code" to repeatedly abuse women and get away with it.

Link to comment

I don't know if it's a cheat code. I think gay or straight, any man who clearly beats a woman (who doesn't have the status or pull to get out of it) is going to be dragged.

 

In this case, Ezra is the star of a property WB has a lot riding on (why they did the mime approach), and people might have thought of Ezra as too damn goofy to actually be doing this stuff until he started Mortal Kombat in Hawaii. I know for certain I didn't believe the first video taped incident when all this stuff started in Europe.

Edited by axeman61
Link to comment
29 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I don't know if it's a cheat code. I think gay or straight, any man who clearly beats a woman (who doesn't have the status or pull to get out of it) is going to be dragged.

 

In this case, Ezra is the star of a property WB has a lot riding on (why they did the mime approach), and people might have thought of Ezra as too damn goofy to actually be doing this stuff until he started Mortal Kombat in Hawaii. I know for certain I didn't believe the first video taped incident when all this stuff started in Europe.

I hate to keep bringing this up but Johnny Depp. He got accused and clapped by WB and Disney. He's a far bigger deal in Hollywood than Ezra. Conversely, Amber's got a DV arrest for assaulting her ex-wife. Hollywood and the MSM give zero fucks about it.

Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I hate to keep bringing this up but Johnny Depp. He got accused and clapped by WB and Disney. He's a far bigger deal in Hollywood than Ezra. Conversely, Amber's got a DV arrest for assaulting her ex-wife. Hollywood and the MSM give zero fucks about it.

1.) In the trial, the public rep dude they had on the stand indicated that studios were already looking to get away from Depp thanks to other issues . At least, that's how I interpreted what he said.

2.) Depp was on a decline. Not a MAJOR decline, but he hadn't done enough in recent years to be considered invaluable to a major property at the time Amber came forward with accusations.

3.) In WB's case, Depp hadn't gotten far into shooting the new Fantastic Beasts. It was easier to take him out. Disney wasn't shooting a new Pirates at the time, I don't think.

4.) We ARE overstating Ezra's importance here. ONE studio is trying its hardest to release a property with him in it since they're between a rock and a hard place. But I guarantee any pull he had with the rest of Hollywood died out with Hawaii. It would have taken major contrition and rep rebuilding for Ezra to be seen as employable.

 

I think if Depp wasn't already being pushed out by studios and was putting out box-office smashes at the time, any project he was on at the time would have fought harder to keep him.

 

Edited by axeman61
Link to comment
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

1.) In the trial, the public rep dude they had on the stand indicated that studios were already looking to get away from Depp thanks to other issues . At least, that's how I interpreted what he said.

2.) Depp was on a decline. Not a MAJOR decline, but he hadn't done enough in recent years to be considered invaluable to a major property at the time Amber came forward with accusations.

3.) In WB's case, Depp hadn't gotten far into shooting the new Fantastic Beasts. It was easier to take him out. Disney wasn't shooting a new Pirates at the time, I don't think.

4.) We ARE overstating Ezra's importance here. ONE studio is trying its hardest to release a property with him in it since they're between a rock and a hard place. But I guarantee any pull he had with the rest of Hollywood died out with Hawaii. It would have taken major contrition and rep rebuilding for Ezra to be seen as employable.

 

I think if Depp wasn't already being pushed out by studios and was putting out box-office smashes at the time, any project he was on at the time would have fought harder to keep him.

 

Which rep? Only people arguing he was on the way out were Amber's lawyers. Disney was about to cut him a $22.5 million check for the next Pirates movie. He was getting 8 figure salaries in two separate franchise from the two biggest until he got clapped. Ezra was on video assaulting a female fan before they filmed one frame of The Flash movie. Not only was he NOT punished for it. WB's previous ownership made him the centerpiece of the DCEU relaunch. Meanwhile Henry Cavill, a bigger star playing bigger character, has been fighting for a new film for years. To top it off WB would have canned Depp sooner if JK Rowling didn't intervened. Nothing about Ezra Miller's status justifies WB literally bending over backwards for him.

 

Link to comment

Either my memory is going bad or I really didn't care about that case. It wasn't a guy saying that stuff; it was a woman. It wasn't on the stand, it was over video. And she (Tracy Jacobs) was Johnny Depp's fired agent who was a witness for Amber Heard. I don't know why I thought she was a dude with a different job, but OK, I'm throwing out the assumption that studios were moving away from Depp.

 

I'll also concede that it looks straight up weird Ezra was given another chance after the first incident. While I still don't think for sure it's due to them being non-binary, not much else makes sense. I mean, it's possible they convinced WB they were good after that first incident, until they shot the movie. But it still doesn't make sense.

 

 

Link to comment

About Superman & Lois....

Spoiler

They finally did it. The biggest issue I had with this season. Sara actually admitted she was wrong, she fucked up, and she wasn't fair to Jordan. I'll be damned. Looks like my only other minor quibble, Jonathan never getting to go the Fortress, won't be an issue starting with Season3. Season 1 was better, but Season 2 was still solid. Superman coming through in the clutch in the finale is always a joy to watch.

 

Link to comment

Yea, Diggle showed up before on the show, so no way it's not in the Arrowverse. At the same time, they don't explain why Clark never calls the other heroes for help in situations where they clearly could help. 

 

If the show had one big flaw, is its inconsistencies on whether it's in the Arrowverse or not 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select