Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Yea, Diggle showed up before on the show, so no way it's not in the Arrowverse. At the same time, they don't explain why Clark never calls the other heroes for help in situations where they clearly could help. 

If the show had one big flaw, is its inconsistencies on whether it's in the Arrowverse or not 

Honestly I think it's more of COVID situation. Part of the reason I think S&L was able to excel is COVID put the kabosh on their crossover plans. When they saw that people that hated the other Arrowverse shows loved S&L they used the Multiverse as an out. I like interconnected universes but Superman & Lois not having to deal with the Supergirl baggage is a godsend. They used Superman as a jobber to put over Supergirl instead of writing a good show. It's part of the reason I was REAL iffy on S&L from the jump. However we get a Superman that bodied several Kryptonians at once. One that managed to clap a being so powerful that it was merging to separate realities. All the while you see the challenges he facing in family life like any regular dad. They let other people shine in the show but at the end of the day, when everything is on the line, the title characters saves the day.

As the Arrowverse shows got past their first few seasons they seemed to forget that. So far they've been able to balance that on S&L. Hopefully they can keep it up. Hopefully the writers continue to put shit in the show that pisses you off only for them to tie things up by season's end. Honestly it's refreshing. I don't want a repeat of Arrow making Green Arrow not seem that special at all. Flash, despite what I feel is a good cast, fumbling the ball post Zoom. Although I here Flash has gotten better lately, I'm just too checked out to see for myself at this point.

I don't mind the show not being directly connected to Arrowverse, it's an alternate earth, but the creators should've established that before having Diggle show up twice. Hell, Lois' sister was played by the same actor in Arrowverse as well

It's more so how fast and loose they played it and sloppily it was revealed. They had you thinking for two years it was connected just for them to saw "Nah its not, they doppelgangers". Moves like this kinda make me understand why Fiege wanted all the Marvel shows under one banner to create synergy 

1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

True. But It's more how they jobbed Clark, like it was REAL bad. They had him feint from using heat vision then he literally said out his mouth a few times how he's not as good as Kara

Ok cool. She can be stronger without him jobbing like a weak bitch. Just wanted a bit of clarification. 

haha, that scene with the heat vision thing stood out in such a bad way... it's a major example that comes to mind whenever I tell people about a certain agenda bandwagon that is not at all subtle.  That scene and dialogue was so ridiculous... if you weren't familiar with things already you might assume it's a parody, like a skit from SNL.  "Gee, Kara, I guess you're just...SO much better than me." 🤣  Later on in that silly ass show: "I guess ...maybe the world doesn't need me anymore....because they have you now."  Keep in mind that in the CW's DC universe, Superman has already been in his role as a known superhero for quite some time before she starts doing her thing.  Even John Campea hates that shit, and if you know that guy and his youtube show...it takes a lot to get him salty enough to shit on a show or movie, usually.  That's modern-day CW for ya though.  There's a reason I'm actually relieved that the "Lost Boys" tv show apparently fell through and never made it to air...it was set up to be a CW thing, so you know the result was going to break my heart.

Like most cw shows, I did continue occasionally checking Supergirl just because the ladies on there were so damn cute though.  

16 hours ago, HD-Man said:

True. But It's more how they jobbed Clark, like it was REAL bad. They had him feint from using heat vision then he literally said out his mouth a few times how he's not as good as Kara

That's nothing. Remember the Kryptonian mind control device that only effected humans effecting Superman "because he grew up on Earth." The entire point of Superman on Supergirl was to show up and look bad to put Kara over. He was the Brooklyn Brawler with a House of El sigil on his chest. He even got clowned by Superman Returns Kal-El* guest starring in the Arrowverse. As @MillionXmentioned, CW Superman had been Superman for over 20 years at this point. They seem to make a point of just belittle him at every opportunity. 

*Props to Brandon Routh BTW, I'll never forget what he did when he found out he was going to play Superman again. He went to the gym and got it ridiculous shape for a supporting role in a couple episodes of TV for Crisis. Tyler's Superman looked like Kon-El standing next to him.

Crisis-on-Infinite-Earths-feature-1.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Yea, then Tom Weiling showed up massive as fuck in Crisis too which didn't hell Tyler's standing. He looked like a child next to both of them. lol

Shit like his previous portayals makes me completely why they wanted to separate from the Arrowverse but they did it in such a half-assed sloppy way.

As much as I'm complaining about it, I'm still gonna watch cuz the show tho cuz its great. Arguably the best superhero show out besides The Boys

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Yea, then Tom Weiling showed up massive as fuck in Crisis too which didn't hell Tyler's standing. He looked like a child next to both of them. lol

Shit like his previous portayals makes me completely why they wanted to separate from the Arrowverse but they did it in such a half-assed sloppy way.

As much as I'm complaining about it, I'm still gonna watch cuz the show tho cuz its great. Arguably the best superhero show out besides The Boys

Oh I didn't mention it but they clowned Tyler's Superman in the crossover when they meet Tom Welling's Clark too. Iris and Lois (his wife)  mocked him for being smaller than Welling's Clark. 

On 6/29/2022 at 5:58 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly I think it's more of COVID situation. Part of the reason I think S&L was able to excel is COVID put the kabosh on their crossover plans. When they saw that people that hated the other Arrowverse shows loved S&L they used the Multiverse as an out. I like interconnected universes but Superman & Lois not having to deal with the Supergirl baggage is a godsend. They used Superman as a jobber to put over Supergirl instead of writing a good show. It's part of the reason I was REAL iffy on S&L from the jump. However we get a Superman that bodied several Kryptonians at once. One that managed to clap a being so powerful that it was merging to separate realities. All the while you see the challenges he facing in family life like any regular dad. They let other people shine in the show but at the end of the day, when everything is on the line, the title characters saves the day.

As the Arrowverse shows got past their first few seasons they seemed to forget that. So far they've been able to balance that on S&L. Hopefully they can keep it up. Hopefully the writers continue to put shit in the show that pisses you off only for them to tie things up by season's end. Honestly it's refreshing. I don't want a repeat of Arrow making Green Arrow not seem that special at all. Flash, despite what I feel is a good cast, fumbling the ball post Zoom. Although I here Flash has gotten better lately, I'm just too checked out to see for myself at this point.

I think a good reason for that is that S&L is not really a CW show.

Is made by HBO, and just happens to air on the CW.

It is the reason why the show feels that have better production values and actual competent writers.

One of the few advantages of the Kids Wb era (Later Batman TAS/Supes TAS/BB) was that they were less censor heavy than FOX Kids.

Technically, Joker used his joker venom on some security guards/cab driver and it was implied that they were dead (There were no scenes of Batman resuscitating them like in Laughing Fish). These were low key/quick moments, but still.

One Superman TAS episode ends with  guy on death row about to get the injection as the episode ends.

21 hours ago, iStu X said:

Pretends to be shocked

Man they can't let that shit go. I guess HBO Max crashed due to bots and not due being overloaded from all the people trying to watch the Snyder Cut when it dropped. They literally dropped this hit piece right before the digital release date. They fired a dude after his daughter's suicide and replaced him with Perv Whedon. A dude they backed like the MSM is still backing Amber Heard only for Gal Gadot and the Buffy cast to back up the fact that Ray Fisher wasn't bullshitting about him being an complete asshole. They couldn't just take their L and move. They had pull an Oliver Twist "Please sir, may I have more please?"

Edit: 🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

They are WAY burying the lead there.

The allegations the article makes about how Zack Snyder was weaponizing social media around the Snyder Cut are a tad bit disturbing if true.

Its what you get for listening to the internet. This has newver worked out. They pumped all that extra money and advertising and even changed the script for stupid ass Snakes on a Plane and it BOOOOOOMBED. It was an internet mean didnt mean anyone was gonna go see it. Happens every time.

Stop listening to the internet.

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

The allegations the article makes about how Zack Snyder was weaponizing social media around the Snyder Cut are a tad bit disturbing if true.

I forget which news site is reporting this doesnt make sense math wise. The number of bots more than likely didnt sway dc. Since justice league was always gonna be a selling tool for hbo max. 

14 hours ago, axeman61 said:

The timing of the article along with the presses prior behavior around anything Snyder Cut related gives them little credibility on the issue. Outside of a smoking gun I look at an article released about a dead issue as suspect. Especially when drops the day before digital release.

12 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Its what you get for listening to the internet. This has newver worked out. They pumped all that extra money and advertising and even changed the script for stupid ass Snakes on a Plane and it BOOOOOOMBED. It was an internet mean didnt mean anyone was gonna go see it. Happens every time.

Stop listening to the internet.

I've had HBO Max since its inception. The only thing that crashed the service for an extended period was Zack Snyder's Justice League.  So people actually tuned in to watch it. The big issue was WB' s parent company at the time, AT&T, literally forced the issue. WB/DC didn't want to do it. AT&T was the boss they said otherwise. Now that AT&T is no longer in the picture and Discovery owns WB, this article drops. 🤔

Edited by Darc_Requiem