Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

20 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Nah fam, I'm in a abusive relationship with Titans too. 🤣 Heck of casting choice though, he definitely has the chops to pull it off.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I’m watching Doom Patrol and man, Dianne Guerrero (Crazy Jane) is far and away the best actor on this show. She’s so good at making every personality feel different and unique.  Even if it’s just something as simple as a wardrobe change, or slightly different body language or facial expressions. It’s just next level. 

Edited by iStu X
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

So, basically Dwayne confirmed that Cavill's Superman is back.

Except he didn’t? In what way shape or form does that confirm anything about Cavill? They just hint at the strongest thing in the universe. Than could mean so many things.

Superman isn’t even in the top 30 and even when it comes to strongest DCU character. Any magic user owns him for free. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Except he didn’t? In what way shape or form does that confirm anything about Cavill? They just hint at the strongest thing in the universe. Than could mean so many things.

Superman isn’t even in the top 30 and even when it comes to strongest DCU character. Any magic user owns him for free. 

...you think the fucking rock knows that? hes def talkin supes

15 hours ago, iStu X said:

Depends on the version of Superman. Some versions of the character are stronger than others. Some are stupidly broken even by Superman's standards.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
16 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Anybody going to see Black Adam this weekend? Debating on biting the bullet and going tonight, I got about 2 hours to decide lol 

I'm going to see it. I've watched subpar Marvel content as of late. So I guess I'll give DC a chance. It can't be that bad....right?

Edit: Got my tickets to Rock Adam. Given the spoiler....

Spoiler

Can we ask Rock to get Mera recast? Henry Cavill has been trying to get Superman movie for like decade, Rock rolls in and WB has him back as Superman. Getting Amber ditched would be child's play for him. Too bad Rock doesn't have pull with Marvel. I may have a T'Challa in Black Panther 2 if Rock wanted it. 😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 10/20/2022 at 4:41 PM, HD-Man said:

Anybody going to see Black Adam this weekend? Debating on biting the bullet and going tonight, I got about 2 hours to decide lol 

I will wait until next weekend for more reviews to come out, this is likely the last movie I plan to see for the rest of the year.

I just saw Rock Adam. Was it a great movie? No. Was it enjoyable? Absolutely. I had good time watching it. It had problems. Some of the CGI is rough. I think their was some missed opportunities.

Spoiler

I feel they really should have leaned into how Black Adam's people viewed him versus the how the Justice Society viewed him. They touched on it and I thought they'd get more into how the world did nothing while Intergang ran Kahndaq for the last 27 years. How they didn't like Black Adam killing people and his countrymen gave zero fucks. They revered him and I thought that dichotomy was cool.

Outside of the CGI. The two weakest points were....

Spoiler

The main villain. Was just there for the climax. Given his lineage they missed an opportunity  for him and Black Adam interacting throughout the film.  Atom Smasher was just comic relief. I didn't hate him or anything, I just thought they ran with the clumsy newbie angle a bit too long. 

The twist with Black Adam being the Champion was nice and that's all I'll say about that. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem