Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I could see Rock and Cavil coming back for Elseworlds and Multiversal crossovers, im almost certain they'll be used again

Shortly after Gunn was announced as head of DC Films he mentioned he wanted to do an adaptation of Kingdom Come. I could see Cavill coming back for that. 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Im a sucker for the 89 Keaton symbol tho. The yellow probably isn't practical for a guy who likes to hard in darkness but still dig the design 

Some comics explain it as thays where his armor is thickest so if they are gonna shoot at him let them see the bright spot where the armors most dense. 

Kinda stupid but eh whatever. Keaton batsuit is my favorite Batsuit of them all. It looks so cool and is the suit I use whenever I play Arkham Knight. It looks so intimidating and awesome. 

I also like the Begins Logo a lot. 

6 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

It doesn’t say it’s permanent, but I’m still baffled. Netlfix removing makes sense since they don’t own any shows, but what’s the point of this?

Probably related to either DC not paying royalties to Comic artists.

There is also that the shows being made for tv had a different contract for HBO Max, and now that HBO Max is "closing"/merging with Discovery, it requires a new contract.

Even when a studio owns an ip, there are a lot of legal hops they need to do to repurpose shows and movies for streaming services, even if they also own the streaming service.

Then add that Discovery is more interested to create content for TV first and then move it to streaming, either their own service, or other platforms like Netflix.

Edited by Hecatom
On 12/22/2022 at 7:22 PM, Hecatom said:

Probably related to either DC not paying royalties to Comic artists.

There is also that the shows being made for tv had a different contract for HBO Max, and now that HBO Max is "closing"/merging with Discovery, it requires a new contract.

Even when a studio owns an ip, there are a lot of legal hops they need to do to repurpose shows and movies for streaming services, even if they also own the streaming service.

Then add that Discovery is more interested to create content for TV first and then move it to streaming, either their own service, or other platforms like Netflix.

Yeah, and also like Westworld and other programs, they could have decided to start shopping some of the older but popular stuff to other platforms to milk another pay day. 

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

Yeah, and also like Westworld and other programs, they could have decided to start shopping some of the older but popular stuff to other platforms to milk another pay day. 

They are already doing that.

What is being cancelled and used as tax write off is shit no one was watching.

They have the data, and know what has not returned the investment in producing it compared to the number of views it has brought.

For example Westworld outside the 1st season has been for all purposes a failure, with the 2nd season tanking the momentum that the 1st season had shooing away the people who were watching it from the start, not being helped that outside s1, the other seasons have been received less favorably.

Another thing to take in consideration is that is very likely that it is easier to sell content that is already proven to be successful than shows that failed to pull good numbers on their own streaming service.

And if we dare to speculate, it could be also that trying to sell those shows to other streaming services could fall under any contractual obligation they already had in place for HBO Max, making them harder to sell.

Edited by Hecatom
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'm suddenly reminded of that idiot who said Muslims shouldn't be able to serve in congress because you HAVE to swear on a Bible lol. 

I trust a guy who swears on Superman and his Parants more then I do anyone who swears on a Bible. 

If only there was holy book of Islam that you could have them swear on. Some book like I don't know a Quran 👀

5 hours ago, Dracu said:

The first season of the Flash was the best superhero TV show prior to Daredevil coming out. I still rank it very high. It quickly fell away, with season 2 not being half as great. However, I'd say season 2 was still pretty good. Starting with the 3rd, however, it all became trite. 

The Flash changed into the The Talk after the first few seasons. He went from the fastest man alive to the best counselor alive. This man was talking more villains down than Goku.

On 12/26/2022 at 5:12 PM, Hecatom said:

...For example Westworld outside the 1st season has been for all purposes a failure, with the 2nd season tanking the momentum that the 1st season had shooing away the people who were watching it from the start, not being helped that outside s1, the other seasons have been received less favorably.

Westworld was a show that had potential to be a masterpiece and they fucked it up SO bad.  1st season really left you with a sense of mystery and Hopkins absolutely stole every scene he was in and gave an acting masterclass.  The following season was painful to watch and I couldn't even stomach season 3.

Edited by J-ride
On 1/10/2023 at 6:20 AM, Dracu said:

The first season of the Flash was the best superhero TV show prior to Daredevil coming out. I still rank it very high. It quickly fell away, with season 2 not being half as great. However, I'd say season 2 was still pretty good. Starting with the 3rd, however, it all became trite. 

For me it went downhill when they undid the lesson that Barry learned on the 1st season, to not go in time to save his mom. (Which iirc it was on the 2nd season, but i could be wrong)

It negated an important character development moment and it was the 1st sign that the writers will be happy to retreat the same ground over and over.

Then add the obsession of having teams for the super heroes, which if it was like the 1st seasons then fine, it makes sense, but they couldn't keep it it small, no, they needed to add like a dozen of chars that all were competing for air time, reducing the importance of Barry on his own show.

No joke, it got to a point where Barry is only relevant on the 1st episodes and final episodes of a season, so they can waste time on mostly chars no one really cares about,

Forcing him to do the same character development over and over, of needing to learn how to be a hero, work on a team, be a good mentor, etc.

Years later and he still is in 1st episodes mode, where he needs to get a pep talk to catch a villain.

"Barry...

... Run"

Jesus 🙄

Then also add that they never had a good idea of what to do with Iris after season 1, which affected her greatly, since in their efforts of shoehorning her in every main plot point they made her extremely unlikeable.

Like when their daughter came from the future, but since she was being manipulated by Thawne, Barry sent her back to the future since it was a risk for all of them, due not knowing in what way she being there was furthering his plans.

Iris knows very well how dangerous he is, and that he is responsible for Barry's mom death and his father being in prision.

But what does she do? Bitch, moan and gaslight Barry into being a selfish person and wrong for doing that, and the fucking show/writers want us to believe she is fucking right on this situation (and many others like this), FUCKING DISGUSTING.

Then we have this nonsense

This show was like Flash in JL/JLU, in that he tripped on his feet and kissed the ground with his face at the start, but unlike that Flash, he didn't get back up and saved the day, and just stayed there 🤣

On 1/9/2023 at 6:57 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

You're joking right? Ezra Miller is a literal menace to society. Ezra should be in jail not the DCEU Flash.

What I meant was to have Grant or Tom in the Flash movie. There was a rumor going around that at least Grant would be in the movie since Ezra was in the TV series. That interaction was ridiculous. One of the characters thought that the other character was cosplaying. But yeah, Ezra Miller? LOOOL!

So wait. WB/DC/DISC will still release The Flash with Ezra Miller but we can't have Henry Cavill's Superman???

On 1/10/2023 at 4:20 AM, Dracu said:

Season 2 is the best out of all of the seasons. Strange how some franchises, the 2nd is always the best. Terminator 2, Mortal Kombat II, Street Fighter II, Myst 2 (Riven), The Karate Kid Part II, The Godfather Part II, and so on.

Zoom is still the best villain in that series:

Another speedster? Will they finally cast The Red Death?

EDIT:

It is The Red Death

Pause the trailer at 39 seconds!!!!

Edited by Jion_Wansu

326517173_865328671454689_28334835006312

Speaking with Empire in light of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3's nearing release, Gunn opened up about the upcoming end of an era for him and the beloved cosmic heroes. Read his full quote below:
“This cast are like my family,” he says. “I cannot tell you how close I am to Chris Pratt and Pom [Klementieff] and Dave [Bautista] and Zoe [Saldaña] and Karen [Gillan]. But I also know I will work again with all those people individually again.” He adds, laughing: “Probably at my other job.”