Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Sad news..

Titans and Doom Patrol are cancelled after 4 seasons.

https://deadline.com/2023/01/titans-amp-doom-patrol-canceled-end-seasons-4-hbo-max-1235241013/

Not surprised in the slightest. AT&T gave the WB a blank check to do whatever. Discovery, not so much. Sucks though. I enjoyed a lot of the content provided by AT&T setting their money on fire.

Wow, DC cannot catch ANY breaks.

I wonder how long the Ezra coin is going to be in play. If they do ANYTHING to discipline Zack, you'll have a bunch of people saying "but Ezra miller...". If they don't do anything, you'll still have people saying "well they didn't cancel Ezra, so it makes sense...". We know that's going to happen, and I wonder how long people are going to do that. Even as a pro-vaccine person, I don't think one tweet condemning Pfizer is bad. They have a lot of condemn-able shit. But I'm sure there's context I'm missing here.

Edited by axeman61

Twitter thinks everyone is some sort of pejorative. I really don't give a fuck. Not my business who he voted for. Did commit some crime? Murder somebody? etc. No? Then why should it be anyone's business. These Twitter clowns are fucking hypocrites anyway. Some times I wish they knew about everyone's political alignment, beliefs, and opinions. Why? Because they starve to death outside in the cold because, if they really believe the shit they spout, they wouldn't be able to buy any product or live anywhere. They'd have to live off the land and you know they can't do that. The most narrow minded, racist, sexist, etc. people on the internet are these Twitter clowns. mini :tldr: rant over.

I'd say it became people's business when he vocalize his thoughts openly on a public talk show. I don't disagree with your main point, but people didn't go digging for this, he put it out there. 

What is it, Freedom of Speech isn't Feeeom from the Consiquences of the things you say? 

He's free to say what he thinks and I'm free (and anyone else, including his co-workers) are free to judge him on those things. 

I have multiple gay family memebers, if we work together and he goes on some anti-gay soap box rant it's gonna change how I feel about him and working with him. 

That's just on the subject of it being others people business. He let it become their business by opening his mouth and voicing his business. 

Edited by RSG3

I think they're just waiting until after the movie is out to "officially" drop Ezra and move on with whoever the new Flash is.

There's "Creature Commandos" that has a cool looking art style so far, so that piqued my interest.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/dc-studios-announces-creature-commandos-series-with-james-gunn-writing/1100-6511023/

https://screenrant.com/creature-commandos-dcu-show-team-explained/ 

Oh yeah this sounds like my kind of thing so far^

I might see it. I hear it's supposed to be amazing. Everyone says that, but DC/WB are risking massive ridicule and bad PR here if Ezra acts up again. Maybe not now (people don't really care about Ezra outside the internet), but around the time of release. They have to have press tours without Ezra, and no journalist is going to just leave the topic of Ezra on the table.

Edited by axeman61
3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

I might see it. I hear it's supposed to be amazing. Everyone says that, but DC/WB are risking massive ridicule and bad PR here if Ezra acts up again. Maybe not now (people don't really care about Ezra outside the internet), but around the time of release. They have to have press tours without Ezra, and no journalist is going to just leave the topic of Ezra on the table.

Nah. They are getting massive ridicule and bad PR because they haven't fired Ezra. They should of just fired Ezra put out a PR statement.

"Given the numerous transgressions we've had to part ways with Ezra Miller. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the films story, it isn't possible to re-film Ezra's scenes with another actor. Given the numerous cast and crew members that have worked hard to bring this story to life. We feel it would releasing the film is the right thing to do. The entirety of this films cast and crew shouldn't be punished for the actions of Ezra. Going forward (insert actor here) will be taking up the mantle of The Flash. We are confident he will a great job bring Barry Allen to life."

I literally just came up with that off the top of my head. I'm sure professionals getting paid shit tons of money would come up with something better. But you get the general idea. Would people still be mad that the movie is releasing with Ezra? Sure. But by acknowledging the situation and announcing a resolution, they'd blunted a lot of the negative reaction. Instead, they've buried their head in the sand. Which has only made the situation worse.

Edited by Darc_Requiem