Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I'm dead serious, he needs to stop talking. Just stop. Wait till you have something to show cuz all the words coming out of your mouth makes me not want to see any of this shit. 

Why are you looking at Star Wars & Game of Thrones and not fucking DC Comics!?!?! Fuck outta here. 

I don't even care what he says or does at this point. Ezra Miller hasn't been fired so fuck DC/DCEU/Gunnverse or whatever they fuck that call the Lack of Accountability Universe. I'm not watching any of their shit. Until he's fired, I'm out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lot of articles comin out about The Rock being a menace while working on Black Adam, not allowing certain cameos and whatnot and trying to make everything about him. Now it could very well be true he was ego tripping and the humbling is well deserved. lol

But to play devil's advocate: this is DC here who doesnt have the best track record when it comes to how they treat their actors, they aren't above slandering ppl after things go south to save themselves.  I heard Rock fought tooth and nail for Cavill but DC kept trying to block him

In either case, DC was a sinking ship well before Black Adam, that movie failing was just the finishing blow if anything. Can't put all that on Dwayne

Edited by HD-Man

Yeah I dunno, Rock was gunning hard for that Cavill cameo. Sounds like WB and him were butting heads pretty hard since WB was literally done with Cavill and Rock basically had to force him in with some power moves. Having no Shazam references was pretty weird though, although that sounded more like Rock having a power trip on having Black Adam being a standalone character instead of being derivative of Shazam (still stupid)

28 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Yeah I dunno, Rock was gunning hard for that Cavill cameo. Sounds like WB and him were butting heads pretty hard since WB was literally done with Cavill and Rock basically had to force him in with some power moves. Having no Shazam references was pretty weird though, although that sounded more like Rock having a power trip on having Black Adam being a standalone character instead of being derivative of Shazam (still stupid)

Yea. I remember that Cavill stuff, Cavill has been nothing but patient and DC dicked him around.

Rock also mentioned on Instagram to the dude that played Hawkman about fighting Shazam, he seemed OK with Shazam stuff, atleast on there. 

I could be wrong but IIRC. I think the Rock didn't want Shazam in the first movie. I think he wanted the character established first but I'm old and my memory aint what it used to be. I could be wrong but IIRC. I think the Rock didn't want Shazam in the first movie. I think he wanted the character established first but I'm old and my memory aint what it used to be. 👴🏾🙃

Possible. But DC has ran hit pieces on Ray Fisher and Snyder too, so its not set in stone but the optics looking bad for Rock

Also, Black Adam bombed, I highly doubt his appearance in Shazam 2 would've helped, especially after DC announced theyre rebooting everything, giving fans no reason to invest further in the DCEU movies besides Flashpoint (if that)

I feel like Rock was smelling himself too much but DC is also being shady using his alleged reputation against him, making him a scapegoat for yet another financial failure, cuz the buck stops with the DC heads ultimately. Rock nor any actor can do anything unless DC signs off on it. The truth somewhere in between I believe 

Edited by HD-Man

Yea I'm pretty confident The Rocks ego was an issue but I doubt it was the entire issue like everyone's trying to paint it as. 

Probably a good lesson for Rock tho to start checking his ego on some projects, he walked away from the FF series being accused of rampant ego problems to. 

I believe Rock was obviously feeling himself with the whole "The DC hierarchy is changing!" like he wanted to rebuild the DCEU around himself and WB was like LOL nope and hired James Gunn instead.

I think someone needs to tell The Rock that despite him bringing some moderate box office success, most of his movies are not what you would call "classics" (such is the fate of many action movie stars but at least they knew to stay in their lane)

12 hours ago, BornWinner said:

The Rock needs to come down from his mountain before this gets serious.

LOL. That long term booking. Black Adam and Shazam feuding in real life!

On 3/19/2023 at 10:51 AM, HD-Man said:

If you mean Superman and Lois then I've seen it

Yeah. That one. Saw about 10 minutes of Gotham Knights episode 2 then left. I didn't see episode 1 of Gotham Knights (maybe I should to see what's going on).

EDIT:

Edited by Jion_Wansu
20 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I hope it's the shape shifting brown monster and not a human doing a master of disguise.

Shapeshifting brown monster wouldn't make sense in this universe. AT BEST you're going to get either:

-A master of disguise.

-Someone with a mangled face wearing a mask.

-An actor who goes crazy and kills fellow cast members.

I'm not saying they CAN'T, at some point, introduce the Clayface most know, but they haven't laid the ground for any supernatural stuff on that level right now.

Edit: though, to be honest, a good movie is a good movie to me. If they had a good movie on their hands, I wouldn't care if they had a legit shapeshifter.

Edited by axeman61