Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

Superman and Lois 

Spoiler

They added hella depth to Bruno Manheim in this show. Most depictions he's just a goon who uses weapons from Darkseid. He's obviously still a bad guy but you actually begin to care about his plight (Hell of a twist btw, should've saw that coming)

Glad they took the time to develop what is usually a one note character. Not sure where they go with him from here, possibly he goes dark again or major this is the end of his story. 

EDIT: Well.....😵‍💫

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Superman and Lois 

Hide contents

They added hella depth to Bruno Manheim in this show. Most depictions he's just a goon who uses weapons from Darkseid. He's obviously still a bad guy but you actually begin to care about his plight (Hell of a twist btw, should've saw that coming)

Glad they took the time to develop what is usually a one note character. Not sure where they go with him from here, possibly he goes dark again or major this is the end of his story. 

EDIT: Well.....😵‍💫

I really hope HBO Max picks this show up after this season. I hate for it to be victim of the CW sale.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I really hope HBO Max picks this show up after this season. I hate for it to be victim of the CW sale.

Yea, im nervous now that Gunn has taken over DC. I don't see any show surviving the reboot but Peacemaker at this point. Superman and Lois probably gets a season 4 then its a wrap, lets hope im wrong tho. Show deserves atleast 2 more seasons with this quality of writing 

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Damn...shits going down. I still remember how damn near everyone was dismembered in the last movie. Damn near everyone was a cyborg after Darkseid got through with them

Yea, Apocalypse War or whatever the name was was depressingly violent and grim. Probably the darkest movie they've ever made. I think everybody died in the end before the universe reset

43 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Yea, Apocalypse War or whatever the name was was depressingly violent and grim. Probably the darkest movie they've ever made. I think everybody died in the end before the universe reset

Nah they survived, but most of them wished they hadn't. Shit was rough.

You guys watch the episode of The Flash tonight? If not then you should! It's on the CW app on Thursday for free.

Spoiler

Basically, this episode explains season 1.

After tonight there are 4 more episodes left until the end of The Flash. Appears that next week's episode will explain season 2 and so forth and so on...

The Flash (season 9) episodes 10 - 13 (A New World) are better than the upcoming The Flash movie!

Spoiler

This was also in episode 10

Eddie Thawne asked, "who is Eddie Thawne?" Maybe in reality it's Malcolm Thawne (Cobalt Blue)!!!

10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nah they survived, but most of them wished they hadn't. Shit was rough.

Ok, I thought all got washed but there were some survivors. I believe Darkseid fucked Earth itself up tho to the point it was barely liveable. Whoever wrote that must've had a grudge against superheroes cuz that movie was mad grim

43 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Ok, I thought all got washed but there were some survivors. I believe Darkseid fucked Earth itself up tho to the point it was barely liveable. Whoever wrote that must've had a grudge against superheroes cuz that movie was mad grim

Actually you are right, some of them do get killed. Just fewer than it appears because some show up in the third act as cyborgs under Darkseid's control. At the end the survivors are all together looking depressed and horrified at what they've been turned into. Then their victory ends up being a Pyrrhic one. The Earth fucked up and billions of people will die before they could potentially find a solution for the damage caused by Darkseid. It's basically how Barry is convinced to  chance to running back in time. Constantine says and I'm paraphrasing "Look around, whatever gets changed couldn't be worse than this."  It's the in universe excuse for the "reset" of the DC animated universe. 

Spoilers ahead for Gotham Knights:

Spoiler

Yesterday's episode was good. They finally show us who the leader of the Court Of Owls is and it's not Harvey Dent.

Superman & Lois was also good.

Tonight's The Flash should be good. Only 3 episodes left and The Flash ends!

Edited by Jion_Wansu
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, HD-Man said:

So you get rid of Cavill and ppl who were passionate about their characters just to prop up this public menace then pretend Grant Austin isn't RIGHT there....

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1663615792456269824?s=19

90% probability there wont even be a Flash sequel in the immediate future, and even if there is, I'm sure Gunn/Safran will have final say on who is cast.

The only reason this is even being released is bc it was super expensive and they have to recoup their costs.

Muschietti should just keep quiet imo.

Edited by DangerousJ
32 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Stop trying to sell Gotham Knights as a good series. Because it isn't

It is good man. Good at showing the difference between typical CW drivel and quality programming like Superman & Lois.

Side note: Their take on Bruno Mannheim really won me over. I'm not a big fan of the all the lazy diversity casting via race swapping. This wasn't that. He was a well written character and they used the change in background to create good take on his character archetype. Superman & Lois continues to impress. Hopefully it gets moved over to HBO Max . I refuse to call it MAX. That is some Xbox level of dumbass product naming if I ever saw it.

I just saw the Flash earlier. Movie is definitely overhated. It won't set the world on fire but it was definitely a good time. Like many have said, Keaton was the MVP, every scene he's in is godlike. Sasha held her own as Supergirl too, would definitely like to see more of her in the role

Lot of very surprising cameos and a glaring omission or two (the CGI they used for cameos was utter shit tho)

Spoiler

Nick Cage Superman, Christopher Reeves Superman, George Reeves Superman (which is kinda tasteless in hindsight) , Adam West Batman and George Clooney Batman (who seems to be the main Bruce in the rebooted DCU timeline). And NO Grant Austin in sight, like wtf

Edited by HD-Man
8 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

The way it sounds they shouldn't have even brought it back and it seems like a shell of itself. Maybe continued strong writing and a few guest appearances can save it

Yeah I hope so. I'm not optimistic to be honest. General Lane's actor, Dylan Walsh IIRC, isn't going to be showing up at all. His wife broke the news of his role being cut before article dropped. Fans asked her about him guest starring and she'd no. This is a straight up monkey's paw situation. John, Nat, Lana, and Chrissy have to be guest stars or I don't see how this works. I mean they dropped the Irons and Cushing/Cortez family. The latter I kind of expected, the former though, that's a surprise. With General Lane out, John becomes that much more important. I mean they are going to have to move them back to Metropolis. I don't see any other way to hand wave away Chrissy and Lana's family being MIA.

34 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah I hope so. I'm not optimistic to be honest. General Lane's actor, Dylan Walsh IIRC, isn't going to be showing up at all. His wife broke the news of his role being cut before article dropped. Fans asked her about him guest starring and she'd no. This is a straight up monkey's paw situation. John, Nat, Lana, and Chrissy have to be guest stars or I don't see how this works. I mean they dropped the Irons and Cushing/Cortez family. The latter I kind of expected, the former though, that's a surprise. With General Lane out, John becomes that much more important. I mean they are going to have to move them back to Metropolis. I don't see any other way to hand wave away Chrissy and Lana's family being MIA.

I heard Metropolis was the rumor so that'll pretty much explain away everyone not being on the show. But how do you do a bustling city like that properly on an extremely compromised budget? I hope Max takes over after this but I'm going into the season assuming it'll be the last

14 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I really feel bad for the guy, he was a legit perfect Superman who never got the movie he deserved.  

Same here, I mean even his reaction to DC jobbing him proves why he was the perfect Superman. He had every right to hit them with both barrels but he took the high road. Hell he took the highroad with The Witcher situation and they were engaged in outright character assassination of him.