Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

This is getting ridiculous. It was horribly paced and overbooked in the original cut. Now all the shit that’s being added. 

this shit isn’t a reshoot. You’re just making a new movie at this point with the amount they’re adding and money they’re spending. 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, iStu X said:

This is getting ridiculous. It was horribly paced and overbooked in the original cut. Now all the shit that’s being added. 

this shit isn’t a reshoot. You’re just making a new movie at this point with the amount they’re adding and money they’re spending. 

The Synder cut isn't a movie. It's a mini-series. It's why they are adding all this shit in. 

On 10/23/2020 at 6:47 PM, iStu X said:

That's the point. The theatrical release wasn't his movie. They reshot most of it. IIRC 20% of theatrical cut was Snyder's footage. He's going back, taking his unused footage, and AFAIK an additional $80 million  dollars to make the movie he would have before WB butted in, then ultimately used his daughter's suicide as a chance to replace him. I mean in Snyder's version of the movie Cyborg was the lead character he was the "audience" you saw things through his eyes. He was tertiary character in Whedon's film.

Edit: Edited for clarification.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 10/23/2020 at 6:52 PM, iStu X said:

Was not aware that. Still though. 

Sorta. It's the movie split up into I wanna say 3 parts. It's a 3 hour movie cut down.  But this was all what Snyder intended in the movie. The movie we saw was only 10% of Snyders versions

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Black Lightning is ending with it's 4th season

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/black-lightning-final-season-4-cw-1234836722/

How the CW gotta keep the dumpster fire that is the Flash going and cancel this show? 

Ratings. Flash is the highest rated of the CW superhero shows. I'm surprised they didn't cancel Batwoman. They had the perfect out with Ruby Rose quitting. Batwoman, Supergirl, and Black Lighting's ratings were low even by CW standards. I hate to see the show go, but I'm not surprised.

Bruh, that HBO Max money must be legit. Star Fire got a  serious upgrade fam. Season 2 was better than the season one....hooker look. This in an upgrade from that.

20dd7c650c5658c23a05e2cf3bf9da46254dbce5

Starfire-Titans-Season-3-Concept-Art-by-

Edit: I wonder how the rest of the cast is going to look. Beast Boy upgrade? I hope they don't upgrade Raven too much. Locoghoul going to get arrested otherwise 👀

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So anyone else watch WW84 besides me?

I watched it. Overall, I think the first movie is still superior.

Spoiler

The movie gets kinda corny at times. Especially during the end when the movie starts resembling Bruce Almighty while all the wish-granting turning everything into chaos and WW basically saying "noooooo don't take the easy way out" The way how they shoe horned the invisible jet is also kinda cheezy

I can definitely see the Lord/Trump relation

Cheetah's villain arc seems kinda played out (the social outcast who gets power drunk and can't let go). Riddler in Batman Forever and Electro from TASM 2 are the first that come to mind.

Good action sequences although WW running to catch up with the trucks looked pretty fake with the slow running motion

1 minute ago, Lantis said:

Reveal hidden contents

The movie gets kinda corny at times. Especially during the end when the movie starts resembling Bruce Almighty while all the wish-granting turning everything into chaos and WW basically saying "noooooo don't take the easy way out" The way how they shoe horned the invisible jet is also kinda cheezy

Cheetah's villain arc seems kinda played out (the social outcast who gets power drunk and can't let go). Riddler in Batman Forever and Electro from TASM 2 are the first that come to mind.

Good action sequences although WW running to catch up with the trucks looked pretty fake with the slow running motion

That's worrisome to me considering I thought the first movie was boring as fuck and didn't get the hype, other than WW got her own movie let's all collectively support it.

12 hours ago, Lantis said:

Hide contents

Here is the thing....

Spoiler

Can someone point out the Trump references? I literally thought nothing of dude and that's with the stimulus stand off be emblazoned everywhere in actual media.

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

People thought the first one was bad? I thought it was a great origin movie. Yeah if you did t like that don't see this one. 

I suspect dc felt gun shy about some stuff. I feel like it wanted to go in a couple diff directions but were afraid of scaring Christian America. They hinted strongly at some stuff. 

Yeah he did have a televangelist vibe. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Here is the thing....

Hide contents

Can someone point out the Trump references? I literally thought nothing of dude and that's with the stimulus stand off be emblazoned everywhere in actual media.

Spoiler

Everything about him was a trump reference. 

-building was obsessed with gold 

-euroslavic assistant

-pretended to have way more money than he did

-the whole middle east fiasco went down a few years ago

-power grab for presidency 

On 10/31/2020 at 2:34 PM, Hawkingbird said:

@AriesWarlockis this your favorite version of Superman?

DNDM_Cv3_1in25_var_5f2ca9fa508ce6.png

You know what, it just might be lol. I don't like Superman, at all, but the N52 Superman was kinda cool. He wasn't that much of a boyscout like the previous Superman, didn't wear the silly underpants on the outside, and his suit actually protected him (nanobot or something). And he followed through with this threats, no empty bravado and then go "how does Batman do it?".

main-qimg-4cc9affe0f7542ba7181c690ff50cb

main-qimg-7687a71b2c64c23fe017eb1fdb5ac1

main-qimg-f628e6cb40ef36d858709ff9db547c

But that death metal Superman playing the guitar is cool lol.

Edited by AriesWarlock
8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

A few people pointed out something about WW84....

Hide contents

Wonder Woman rapes a dude in WW84. I didn't think about it but they are right. Steve was in another dude's body. He couldn't consent.

If there is one thing about the movie that bothered me it's that they don't once adress that her wish stole another guys life. Not once does she think "This is wrong, this is someone else's life we have taken." Not once is it mentioned and that bothered me. 

18 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

If there is one thing about the movie that bothered me it's that they don't once adress that her wish stole another guys life. Not once does she think "This is wrong, this is someone else's life we have taken." Not once is it mentioned and that bothered me. 

Yeah that situation is more wrong the more I think about it. I mean 

Spoiler

him looking like Steve Trevor is for the audience's benefit. He really looks like the other dude the entire time. She's going around town with this guy. Commit crimes with this guy. Does he have a job? Was he fired for not showing up? Does he have a girlfriend/boyfriend? How his he going to explain the traipsing around town with Diana too them. It's situation that could have been completely avoided. It was a completely point less plot point. The stone is creating things out of thin air. It couldn't create Steve's body out of thin air too? 

oh and you could imagine how quick the headlines would pop-up if this were a male superhero instead, I suspect...imagine a Superman movie, where it's the same situation and Lois comes back...

Spoiler

and he hooks up with Lois while she is occupying another woman's body.  Even if all they did was have a romantic kissing scene, a lot would be pointing out how this is "problematic"; but I doubt those same folks have an issue with Diana doing this... and she and Steve straight up formed "The Beast with Two Backs" that night...while he had another dude's body.

but sheeeitttt... Gal Gadot in that white dress with the split, showing ALL that leg meat.....

sweating james mcavoy GIF

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

yeah Patty is some prime-time  too...she's welcome to get this meatpipe anytime.

oh yeah, Patty... I can keep the affair a secret forever if ya want, babe... I got the cheap wine, candles and some Jodeci in the background...

Just do us all a favor and after you boink her, teach her the merits of making an interesting film.

More contradictory wishes...

One person wishes for actual Heaven on earth...meanwhile another person wishes for the world to end in fiery chaos... hellish destruction everywhere.  = ???

One person wishes to be the President of the U.S.  Ten other people wish the same thing = ???  Also, I guess Ronald Reagan goes back to being a small-time actor that's forgotten?

One kid wishes to be bangin' his long-time crush *right now*... meanwhile, said crush wishes to be bangin' her long-time crush *right now* so.... = ????

Or hey---concerning Diana's wish...

Spoiler

What if the family and friends of that guy Steve was "wearing" wished for him to come back?  From their perspective he may have been a "missing person" for a few days.  Should her wish override that one since that wish was first?  I'd assume so, but if that's how it works then you have some wishes just not being granted because something contradictory was already wished for previously.  ...and the tragic thing is that they wouldn't even know *why* the wish isn't being granted.

...also, "That Guy" would've been a "no-call, no-show" for work if he was employed at the time, so it's possible he would've lost his job... kinda small potatoes in light of the world spiraling out of control moments later though.

Edited by MillionX

Yeah, the extent to which wishes would contradict themselves is among the list of things wrong with the movie.

It just boggles me that the same director behind WW1 would produce this. But then again this was written by Patty herself and 2 others. WW1 was written by a group of other people. Maybe Patty should stick to directing.