Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

In real life raven would be wearing more. 

Who knows? If Azarath is like a more otherworldly version of Buddhist temples where monks are only wearing a robe and nothing underneath, I'd expect Raven to be barely covering her nether regions in real life. She was barely covered in the comics.

Raven_(DC_Comics_character_-_circa_1982)

Edited by AriesWarlock

Justice League was good imo. Eventhough it was four hours, it didn't drag at all. Calling it Zack Snyder's Justice League isn't enough. It should have had a whole new title, because just as most of us suspected ahead time, it's a new movie. There are very few scenes that overlap with Josstice League and the ones that due have completely different context. The effects for the most part where better although there a few rough spots. Steppenwolf was a FAAAAAARRR better antagonist this time. Dude actually seemed like a threat.

36 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I c wut u did thur 

I can't claim the designation. People have been calling it Josstice League for a while. It makes it easier to differentiate the two. Calling Zack Snyder's Justice League just Justice League and Joss Whedon's Justice League just Josstice League is far simpler.

sheeeeeittttttttt,

It's almost a nut-buster for me whenever I see that OMEGA BEAM in action, man....no matter what the context is.  There should be a regular series about Darkseid just looking cool blasting various people and things into non-existence with the beams.  

I'll just say it's highly likely I would sell my soul to have that particular power.

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

You felt the same about the length as I did. I planned on only watching it in parts, but everything flowed so nicely and I got sucked in the Snyder Cut. I legit enjoyed myself the whole time 

And I'm calling it Z-League 😂

Man the flash back scene with the Greek Gods, Amazons, Atlanteans, and Lantern was so fucking awesome man. 

Spoiler

Man Zeus was handing out Ls like Ryu after the Season 5 patch. Ares and Artemis were wrecking shit too. I'd pay to see movie about them. Also is Lois pregnant? There was the pregnancy test and then at Bruce tells Clark "Congratulations" when they are at the Kent farm.

haha others probably brought this up already, but...

Spoiler

Martian Manhunter.--- I'd agree this just comes off as QUITE a bad look for him, man... dude was already there on Earth, possibly during the events of Man of Steel, Batman vs. Superman and the situation with Steppenwolf...each of these events presenting world-ending situations on the table... and he didn't help.  This johnny-come-lately muthafucka just shows up after it's all over wanting to join the crew all of a sudden?  Bruh. 🤣

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly, it's a pet peeve of mine when people call the Zack Snyder's Justice League a "Directors Cut". BvS Ultimate Edition was a directors cut. This is different movie...almost entirely.

It's literally the directors cut. Lmfao not even metaphorically... It's everything the director envisioned. 

13 minutes ago, Maxx said:

It's literally the directors cut. Lmfao not even metaphorically... It's everything the director envisioned. 

Then my definition of Director's Cut has been wrong this entire time. I've always thought of a directors cut as their edit of the same overall footage.  The theatrical version of the Justice League isn't the same movie. It isn't a different cut of Zack's film. It's a different film. It isn't like the theatrical of BvS where studio took Zack's movie and chopped scenes out of it. They basically re-filmed the whole thing. There's like 20 minutes of Zack's footage in the original film. Director's Cut doesn't adequately convey how different the two movies are. I was expecting something on the level of the Donner Cut. This goes magnitudes beyond even that.

23 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Man the flash back scene with the Greek Gods, Amazons, Atlanteans, and Lantern was so fucking awesome man. 

Reveal hidden contents

Man Zeus was handing out Ls like Ryu after the Season 5 patch. Ares and Artemis were wrecking shit too. I'd pay to see movie about them. Also is Lois pregnant? There was the pregnancy test and then at Bruce tells Clark "Congratulations" when they are at the Kent farm.

I agree. I had the misfortune of watching the josstice league in theaters and the whole time i was like they should just make a movie about old gods and earthlings vs the new gods

Edited by Zx-Tole

Movie was way better than thw whedon version no random russians actual stakes

I liked cyborg and flash.

I am a fan of batfleck

Good stuff

When superman flew up to get supercharged 

Also i like the black suit since it is what

He wore when he resurrected in the comics.

Plus wonder woman and aquaman felt fully fleshed out here as opposed to hey cool. Like the group felt like a group.

Cyborg being a good boy

The snyder haters are fucking no fun bitches.

Edited by DrLariat
On 3/19/2021 at 2:39 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Reveal hidden contents

to the spoiler:

Spoiler

the potential sequal was gonna be that bruce got lois pregnant.

Finally watched (all of) the Snyder Cut.

It was way better than the Theatrical Cut, and I wasn't prepared for that. Of the DCEU, it's the best one.  Way more coherent story, way better climax (though we didn't need those epilogues), and better development all around. Still had a few setbacks, but it's a great improvement.

Edited by axeman61

Finished watching Snyder cut, damn knew it was gonna be better but that was something else. Not saying is a masterpiece BUT is gonna be a long ass time until I can say I legit enjoy watching a 4 h movie. Just think about that. Also, it wasnt entirely new as well since a good portion of the plot was included in the Whedon version. I am very sad though cause Fisher coulda had a good flick off that and now is all gone. Sigh

Just now, HD-Man said:

I could see Starro being the big bad of this and him splitting into smaller Starros and mind controlling League members, setting up another movie. So many possibilities with this villain 

I think it's gonna be a baby starro and some evil version of star labs found it and are trying to control it. It befriends the squad. 

I can't see this version of the suicide squad beat fucking full fledged starro 

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

THEY HAVE FUCKING STARRO!! LET'S GO!!!!!! 

Is this where we are with DC Movies? Is the bar really this low? Getting Hype about D list And below DC characters being in movies and making cameos?

christ 

Edited by iStu X
10 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Is this where we are with DC Movies? Is the bar really this low? Getting Hype about D list And below DC characters being in movies and making cameos?

christ 

Uh? I always liked starro and he's always been one of the most powerful entities in DC. They just don't use him alot in the media. But their are plenty of instances in comics that show how powerful he is. He's not D list.. I'd say b-c. 

I like dc lore alot... I thought you knew this? 

Edited by Maxx