Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
Darc_Requiem

The DC Movie & TV Thread

On 10/20/2019 at 3:11 AM, MillionX said:

ohhh the Batwoman is shaping up to be such a wonderful disaster; the new Hindenberg of superhero shows.  Apparently the ratings drop was 30% by episode 2. 😄  I almost feel bad for Ruby Rose because there must be some level of embarrassment there....she's the face of that show and this early on it already looks like a sinking ship if we're going by the ratings game.

Happened to catch a Collider video discussing the CW DC shows, two of the three people weren't fans of the show thus far. Not even Collider is stanning for Batwoman.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

yeah the only CW DC show I regularly enjoy is Flash...even it's lame seasons have been better than the other shows.  I occasionally watched Arrow just to check on my baby, the lovely Felicity and Those Legs...and there's some other miscellaneous cuties on there too, as per the usual CW format of constant eye candy.  Oh, and there's League of Legends... I enjoyed the first 2 seasons or so, then I gradually fell out of watching it....but only because I have too many shows to keep up with, really....

On 10/30/2019 at 6:24 AM, MillionX said:

yeah the only CW DC show I regularly enjoy is Flash...even it's lame seasons have been better than the other shows.  I occasionally watched Arrow just to check on my baby, the lovely Felicity and Those Legs...and there's some other miscellaneous cuties on there too, as per the usual CW format of constant eye candy.  Oh, and there's League of Legends... I enjoyed the first 2 seasons or so, then I gradually fell out of watching it....but only because I have too many shows to keep up with, really....

This season of Arrow has been straight fire. Best season since 5.

The Batman Beyond regular Bluray set finally has a release date!  December 31,2019

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Beyond-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/dp/B07YTD41C2?tag=bluray-036-20&linkCode=xm2&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It's basically the same as the deluxe (All 52 episodes, Return of the Joker film, and the special features) only with no funko statue and motion cards.

Here's an unboxing video

Edited by DangerousJ

Arrow Series finale  (S8 Ep 10 )

SPOILERS!!!

They got everyone to return for the funeral except…

muthafukkin Deathstroke?

I guess when Winston was revealed to be Diggle’s step dad , the Stewart name should have triggered my Justice League sense. Woops.

Good finale. The part where young William gets kidnapped by John Byrne (lol) felt extraneous but w/e.

So who do you think the mysterious person was who restored JJ’s mind in 2040?
Connor? A new person?

I just got back from Birds of Prey. I liked it.

Pros:

Margot as Harley. (IMO the best thing about Suicide Squad). Her zaniness and her gymnastics, and even her dramatic acting was great.

Action scenes.  John wick direction/choreography  made the movie significantly more enjoyable.

Song choices. Probably the best use of retro songs since Guardians of the Galaxy films 

Ewan McGregor as Black Mask. While he was campy in some parts, he could exude menace like that part where he told the girl to take off her dress. His mask looked cool too(wished it was in the film more)

the animated intro and quick text jokes/heads up display gags

Cons

This is a 2/3 Harley movie and 1/3 BOP film. The others get some decent backstory/character bits. I suppose Cassandra Cain was different than I thought; I thought she would be a mute badass(from what Ive read about her)  Huntress had the least screen time , though oddly her origin is more fleshed out  than the others oddly enough. 

Some of the time manipulation and rewinding by Harley is a bit weird. One segment in a police station almost got me confused for a bit since the flashback went WAY back. The pacing is a little off too.
The movie is only 1 hr 39 min without credits but felt like 2 hours.

I liked about 1/2 the jokes. They were clearly trying to emulate Deadpool, but I think DP jokes landed more satisfyingly.

Overall:  7.5/10.
I think it is equal to Aquaman.

On 2/9/2020 at 9:46 PM, DangerousJ said:

I think it is equal to Aquaman.

I don't know man. I thought Aquaman was fine but the Birds of Prey trailer looked terrible.  I have 0 inclination to see it.