Stage Select

Monster Hunter World/Iceborne/Rise THREAD: Its Monster Huntin' time!!

3 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

So I'm looking at possibly buying MH Rise ... what the fuck am I getting into? I didn't get very far into World/Iceborne.

Try out the free Demo for Rise, its been out for a month on the Switch.

Also try and give World/Iceborne another shot, Capcom made a couple of major patches over the past few months.

One big change is that Safi'jiva is fully solo able now.

Gameplay video that I record earlier today:

Edited by CDB2k20

Decided to finally get started with the Guiding Lands.  I'm hoping all of the different monsters can help me get some of the materials for my target weapons that left behind as I moved past low/high rank.  I just captured my first monster in the Lands, a Barroth, with shockingly little effort thanks to the Namielle armor set activating the element of ol' faithful, the Tigrine Need Longsword.  This is gonna be fun.  

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

Decided to finally get started with the Guiding Lands.  I'm hoping all of the different monsters can help me get some of the materials for my target weapons that left behind as I moved past low/high rank.  I just captured my first monster in the Lands, a Barroth, with shockingly little effort thanks to the Namielle armor set activating the element of ol' faithful, the Tigrine Need Longsword.  This is gonna be fun.  

If you want to..

Combine Namielle & Velkhana's armor for stronger elemental weapon damage if you don't have Safi'Jiva or  Sliver Rathalos armor.

Start going for  Teostra & Raging Brachy's armors and Raging Brachy's weapons.

Some recent game-play videos from me:

👆(Alt Channel for skimpy mods!! 😍)

Edited by CDB2k20
16 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Just saw that the Movie cost 60 millions (at least) but it didnt made over 27 million world wide 🤣

Good.

I'm sorry but I'm not even touching the movie.

The cringe is just ugh...*shudders*

Back to the game itself:

Mardi Grais started yesterday and decided to do MHW quest themed around it, since we're all iced & snowed in:

Got back into MHW over the weekend, and the Gunlance is my new pride and joy. 

It's so good. 

Also, I guess MHW runs as 60FPS on PS5. Yet another reason I'm frustrated I can't find one. 

Also, I really hope Nintendo drops a MHR switch port with a ethernet hook up. I don't want to have to use one of those shitty usb dongle thingies. 

4 hours ago, KingTubb said:

It's so good. 

Also, I guess MHW runs as 60FPS on PS5. Yet another reason I'm frustrated I can't find one. 

Also, I really hope Nintendo drops a MHR switch port with a ethernet hook up. I don't want to have to use one of those shitty usb dongle thingies. 

It really is worth it.  First thing I did when I got my 2070 RTX Super is buy this game for that 60 FPS goodness.

I've watched the MonHun movie 4 times in the last 6 days with all the different groups I'm a part of that are about the MonHun life.  They are shocked that it wound up being so canon to the point that the movie expects you to know who Admiral and the gang are just because, and the comic book guy around here told me without knowing anything about MonHun he could appreciate the pace being strong enough for it to be an easy watch even if it's not necessarily a great movie, said it reminded him of the pacing of the 70s Godzilla movies.  "Prime Saturday afternoon matinee material"

Then I saw the IGN score in comparison to the actual garbage like Tekken the movie, and DB Evolution.  Journalistic integrity is truly dead LOL.  Polygon was the only one with a review anywhere close to what me and the other groups assessed.  IGN was so off the mark with MonHun it reminded me when people said that Venom was worse than the Catwoman solo film.  Sometimes you know people are full of shit when they oversell that hard and you should just do the opposite of whatever they say for stuff like that.  

Edited by Psychoblue
7 hours ago, KingTubb said:

It's so good. 

Welcome back!!

I may tryout some weapons that,  I never did during my time on MHW. Gunlance is one of those weapons.

But yeah, MHW should have no problem running at 60FPS on PS5

Though if you can get on PC and have decent enough hardware to run it well, do so!!

PC version is just so...so...so much better!!

👍

Just now, CDB2k20 said:

Gunlance is one of those weapons.

I'm loving it. Being able to block is sorta OP. Don't even need the earplugs when they yell at me. I just sit right in front of them and continue to stab them in the face lol. 

4 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

Though if you can get on PC and have decent enough hardware to run it well, do so!!

The guy I play with is a console dude like me, and there ain't no cross-play iirc. So I'll stick it out with my shitty framerate until I can eventually track down a PS5

21 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I'm loving it. Being able to block is sorta OP. Don't even need the earplugs when they yell at me. I just sit right in front of them and continue to stab them in the face lol. 

I do that with Charge Blade.

Guard Pointing a Roar into SAED or AED = Instant STFU Smackin' a monster 🤣

I forgot how obnoxious the first 20 hours or so of this game can be. Especially the prestige tours they make you go through when you reach a new area.

'GO on a EXPIDITION!"

We get it, y'all think you're cute, but I'm about to spend dozens of hours here, I don't need a handholding through the area. 

Game still dope, tho

I have a long ways to go before I reach Fatalis given I'm only at MR 43 and HR 45 so I'm still trudging through all the stuff I didn't do while cruising through story mode up to Shava.  I killed my first Deviljho just to get a feel of what that fight is going to be like when I decide to do something against Savage Deviljho other than watch as he beats the fuck out of the actual targets like Namielle.   Even being way past High Rank didn't stop me from leaning heavily on my Vigorwasp delivery, I'll have to get better at tenderizing his limbs to keep him from charging as heavily.  The fight reminds me of Tigrex, constantly moving and flailing around making it difficult to chip away at him until he calms down.  

Played last night and am starting to fully wrap my head around Gunlance. 

It's ridiculous. With it's charge moves and short hop dodges, it's surprisingly more mobile that you originally think it is.

And getting into a monster's face and poking it in the mouth it so satisfying. Especially when they try to scream at you to leave them alone, but you have your shield up so you don't even flinch. 

I guess I'm just making this my own personal MHW journal:

Opened up tons of upgrade branches for my gunlance, so it's time to start farming. Had a really productive night last night, played for about an hour and bagged my first Great Girros, Legiana, and Radobaan last night. Throw in another tzitzi-yaku and Paolumu and all in all I'd say I got a good bit done. 

Weirdly, Girros was the only fight I had issues. Gunlance is such a poke heavy weapon that when Girros calls all his little minions I get swarmed because getting to an area sweeping move can be tough. I was also using an underpowered anjanath weapon for shits and gigs. 

I think I'm about 2/3 hours away from high rank quests. can't wait till I don't have to deal with a cutscene before, after, and during every quest. 

15 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Opened up tons of upgrade branches for my gunlance, so it's time to start farming. Had a really productive night last night, played for about an hour and bagged my first Great Girros, Legiana, and Radobaan last night. Throw in another tzitzi-yaku and Paolumu and all in all I'd say I got a good bit done. 

Weirdly, Girros was the only fight I had issues. Gunlance is such a poke heavy weapon that when Girros calls all his little minions I get swarmed because getting to an area sweeping move can be tough. I was also using an underpowered anjanath weapon for shits and gigs. 

I think I'm about 2/3 hours away from high rank quests. can't wait till I don't have to deal with a cutscene before, after, and during every quest. 

I'm in the process of upgrading my Vanilla Lance.  I'm making it from Kirin parts.  I just unlocked the Kirin investigation so that should speed things up a bit.

Today I finished fully upgrading my Poison Hammer.  Now I need to decide to balance between the raw power of the Pukei Pukei ender or keep grinding until I have enough for the Nargacuga variant "Eternal Sleep."  After that I'm thinking of making an Ice Great Sword by completing the Jagras tree and then moving to the Bambaro true.  

Ye Ol Faithful Tigrene Need Longsword has been collecting a wonderful harvest as I wrap this up.  I'll get back to the Guiding Lands later.  

5 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Where do you play?

PC or PS4?

Maybe we can hunt some time.

On 2/24/2021 at 6:41 AM, Psychoblue said:

Savage Deviljho

Savage 'jho is on some sh@#!!

On 2/24/2021 at 6:41 AM, Psychoblue said:

Even being way past High Rank didn't stop me from leaning heavily on my Vigorwasp delivery,

You're going want to unlock and level up some of the other Palico gadgets, each one is viable.

9 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Are using the Defender gear and Defender gunlance, you should be blowing by LR & HR with that gear.

Capcom and non-skippable cutscne...SMH.

That stuff returns in MH Rise.

9 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Today I finished fully upgrading my Poison Hammer.  Now I need to decide to balance between the raw power of the Pukei Pukei ender or keep grinding until I have enough for the Nargacuga variant "Eternal Sleep."  After that I'm thinking of making an Ice Great Sword by completing the Jagras tree and then moving to the Bambaro true. 

Just an FYI  Safi'Jiva's Poison & Sleep Hammer, are waaaaay better for Sleep & Poison weapon builds.

Edited by CDB2k20

FUCK.  YES.

I decided to finish off the Pukei Hammer tree since all I needed were Master Rank Rathian parts, got both I needed.  Then I took a picture of Velkhana to get the Celestial Print I needed for a maxed out Dragon Glaive from the Shava tree.  Combined t hat with hunting a tempered Diablos.  I failed to Capture it but the bounty still counted so I got the Gold Print I needed for the Wyvern Gem.  

Blast Katana completed

Poison Hammer completed (this thing fucking rules)

Dragon Glaive completed (will use it on the remaining two Bounties I need later)

I'm taking the advice posted here and leveling up my Palico's musical talents.  

3 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I'm taking the advice posted here and leveling up my Palico's musical talents. 

Level up your Palico's Coral Cheerhorn, Plunderblade, and Meowtovo gadgets.

Cheerhorn and Plunderblade get priority as gives great buffs, and the other makes grinding so...so...f@#*'in' easier.

1 minute ago, CDB2k20 said:

Level up your Palico's Coral Cheerhorn, Plunderblade, and Meowtovo gadgets.

Cheerhorn and Plunderblade get priority as gives great buffs, and the other makes grinding so...so...f@#*'in' easier.

At the moment Cheerhorn and Vigorwasp  are the only two available so I guess I'll need to complete more missions.  I speedran through story mode up to the guiding lands so I gotta go back and level up so I can unlock more HR 50 only missions.  

Edited by Psychoblue
50 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

At the moment Cheerhorn and Vigorwasp  are the only two available so I guess I'll need to complete more missions.  I speedran through story mode up to the guiding lands so I gotta go back and level up so I can unlock more HR 50 only missions.  

Yeah, google on how to get the Palico gadgets.

Plunderblade and Meowlotov are going to take some doing but worth it.

12 hours ago, CDB2k20 said:

q1qof927wf1y.jpg

BLESS THE MHW MODDING COMMUNITY!!

Question modding: any way I can gameshark my stats a bit on the PC version to speed this grind along, would love to finish up the weapon building so I can get back to leveling up through the Guiding Lands en route to Fatalis.  Only at HR 52 now...

53 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Question modding: any way I can gameshark my stats a bit on the PC version to speed this grind along, would love to finish up the weapon building so I can get back to leveling up through the Guiding Lands en route to Fatalis.  Only at HR 52 now...

Yes.

There are a couple of safe ways to do this...

Frist if your new to modding watch this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld < --- This is where you go to find those mods.

1) Always...do manual download.

2) Again, these are the main two to get before anything else:

Stracker's Loader: https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/1982

CRC Perfromance plugin: https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/3473

3) Read!! READ!! READ!!

Read virtually everything about the mod ....before installing the mod!!

• Read the main Description section
    • It gives you all the general & detailed information, and directions you need about the mod!!
  • Read the information displayed above the mod install folder in the Files area.
    • Some mods have optional files or updated versions of the original,
  • View and Read the Posts area!!
    • If you're having chances are the solution is in there.

All this said, the mods you're looking for are these two:

*Master Rank Easy Level Up: https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/4571?tab=description

...You're still capped by MR lock, as I believe that you're maybe MR 24 or higher.

You'll have to do Assignment quests given to you to break those level locks.

*MHW Shop List Editor: https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/507?tab=description

- The Grind killer...however: NEVER BUY ANYHTING THAT YOU HAVEN'T DONE YET!

If you haven't done the Witcher, Behemoth, Kulve Taroth,  true main Safi siege, Ruiner Nerg, the main Alatreon fight, Fatalis and AT Velkhana quest  do not get items from them.

PS5 arrived yesterday and bruh....

MHW is a new game with the improvements. a constant 60FPS, higher resolution, colors really pop.

The upgrade is already worth it. 

Into HR hunts at this point, will end up fighting a pink rathian next time I play. 

Speaking of Rathians, I fought one last night that was 2122. Them suckers only go up to 2192, so it was a

B I G S T R O N G G U R L

19 hours ago, CDB2k20 said:

Yes.

There are a couple of safe ways to do this...

Frist if your new to modding watch this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld < --- This is where you go to find those mods.

1) Always...do manual download.

2) Again, these are the main two to get before anything else:

Stracker's Loader: https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/1982

CRC Perfromance plugin: https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/3473

3) Read!! READ!! READ!!

Read virtually everything about the mod ....before installing the mod!!

• Read the main Description section
    • It gives you all the general & detailed information, and directions you need about the mod!!
  • Read the information displayed above the mod install folder in the Files area.
    • Some mods have optional files or updated versions of the original,
  • View and Read the Posts area!!
    • If you're having chances are the solution is in there.

All this said, the mods you're looking for are these two:

*Master Rank Easy Level Up: https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/4571?tab=description

...You're still capped by MR lock, as I believe that you're maybe MR 24 or higher.

You'll have to do Assignment quests given to you to break those level locks.

*MHW Shop List Editor: https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/507?tab=description

- The Grind killer...however: NEVER BUY ANYHTING THAT YOU HAVEN'T DONE YET!

If you haven't done the Witcher, Behemoth, Kulve Taroth,  true main Safi siege, Ruiner Nerg, the main Alatreon fight, Fatalis and AT Velkhana quest  do not get items from them.

Thanks a ton.  The parts I need are still mad expensive so I'll still have to complete all the missions which I'm fine with.  Don't wanna make it too easy.  

MHW is a new game with the improvements. a constant 60FPS, higher resolution, colors really pop.

Into HR hunts at this point, will end up fighting a pink rathian next time I play. 

Speaking of Rathians, I fought one last night that was 2122. Them suckers only go up to 2192, so it was a

Wait until you meet Azure Rathalos....

That fucker stays airborne!!🖕

I have this Wednesday and Thursday free, we can try running whatever you want.

Just let me know the hour 👍

4 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

That fucker stays airborne!!

You can still bring it down with your slinger, tho, right? 

Besides, Gunlance has the upwards poke, so I can usually hit fliers pretty easily.

Think I might make some Lances too, just incase I'm ever in a 4 person hunt and don't want to trip people up with my shelling. 

4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I have this Wednesday and Thursday free

Word! My PSN is King_Tubb_ 

Not sure what my week is looking like. My wife is going out of town next week and will probably be spending a lot of time with her

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

You can but...

1) Sometime, when using the slinger wall bang it recovers in mid-air and keeps flying.  This happens with most of the flying monsters in game.

2)  It does aerial combos that at times ignores flash pods.

3) It'll build up flash pod immunity. But you're HR so you can kill long before it gains flash pod immunity.

Some White Fatalis Mod gameplay from me:

Double Mod showcase in ZSD Cheese Run!!

Main weapon run with some of the new White Fatalis gear and pendant!!

Edited by CDB2k20
1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Besides, Gunlance has the upwards poke, so I can usually hit fliers pretty easily.

Think I might make some Lances too, just incase I'm ever in a 4 person hunt and don't want to trip people up with my shelling. 

Word! My PSN is King_Tubb_ 

Not sure what my week is looking like. My wife is going out of town next week and will probably be spending a lot of time with her

I sent you the friend request.

I know that not everyone likes to play up to very late due rl stuff, but i am up to play from 9pm central time onwards so you can hit me up with any invite if you want👍

Who else is buying Rise on Switch? I am comfortable soloing hub but it is faster with other people. 

Also, I dont remember ever falling asleep during a movie (going back to 7 year old me) but I did during MH movie...had to rewatch the last 25 mins the next day. What a piece of shit. Only decent scene was when Tony and Milla prep for Diablos. Thats the only shit that resembles anything from the game. Fuck Wes Anderson

16 minutes ago, locoghoul said:

Who else is buying Rise on Switch? I am comfortable soloing hub but it is faster with other people. 

Also, I dont remember ever falling asleep during a movie (going back to 7 year old me) but I did during MH movie...had to rewatch the last 25 mins the next day. What a piece of shit. Only decent scene was when Tony and Milla prep for Diablos. Thats the only shit that resembles anything from the game. Fuck Wes Anderson

I hope there's s sequel just so I can watch you on the news dressed up as a Brachydios starting a riot at a theater like the crazy guy from the Nolan Batman debuts.  

10 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

I hope there's s sequel just so I can watch you on the news dressed up as a Brachydios starting a riot at a theater like the crazy guy from the Nolan Batman debuts.  

Nah man dont even say that cause I will dress as a hunter and go ape shit with a Hammer