Stage Select

Monster Hunter World/Iceborne/Rise THREAD: Its Monster Huntin' time!!


Recommended Posts

On 3/2/2021 at 1:13 PM, locoghoul said:

Who else is buying Rise on Switch? I am comfortable soloing hub but it is faster with other people. 

 

Also, I dont remember ever falling asleep during a movie (going back to 7 year old me) but I did during MH movie...had to rewatch the last 25 mins the next day. What a piece of shit. Only decent scene was when Tony and Milla prep for Diablos. Thats the only shit that resembles anything from the game. Fuck Wes Anderson

Had it reserved months ago!!!

Hand Rub Smiling GIF

DAY JUAN'IN!!!

 

 

....AND DOUBLE DIPPIN' ONCE THE PC VERSION IS RELEASED!!

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Send me an invite on psn then

Still figuring out this OS and it wouldn’t let me. I just joined your game lol 

 

nevermind, I figured it out. It’s been a long time since I’ve done it this way, the homie I play with usual just does a squad session with me 

Edited by KingTubb
Link to comment
22 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Still figuring out this OS and it wouldn’t let me. I just joined your game lol 

 

nevermind, I figured it out. It’s been a long time since I’ve done it this way, the homie I play with usual just does a squad session with me 

Should we create a squad for when we decide to play?
Dunno how many here will be willing to play world on the PS family.

 

For my part, i am always open to play with people, i just need to be told in advance to make room 😅

Link to comment

So what am I supposed to do about Alatreon's Supernova other than watch everyone die?  Breaking his horns didn't save us.  Hiding behind the ice didn't save us.  Swinging at it hoping he'd get stunned didn't save us.

 

Why did Capcom do this?  Was he not strong enough already having near unlimited stamina and a combination of super damaging out of nowhere pounces and crazy zoning?

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, KimuraLOX said:

Damage him with elemental weapons until you meet the threshold. You'll know when he topples over like he got KO'd and the Handler will let you know that his power's been contained.

Yeah I did that while he was in ice mode, but he supernova'd anyway and then we all died.  

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Yeah I did that while he was in ice mode, but he supernova'd anyway and then we all died.  

If he is in Ice mode, you need a high fire elemental weapon, or you're screwed!

 

This is why, you always want to keep him in his starting element, especially when playing in a group. 

 

You need topple him once to not have the Nova insta-kill you and break the horns to stop him from shifting to the other elemental mode.

 

 

Like @KimuraLOXsaid, you will have to heal during the Nova.

If you can topple him more than once then it will damage you less.

 

Its best to bring the upgraded Health Booster +  gadget: 
https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Health+Booster++

 

Pop that gadget, as soon as Alatreon takes off to prepare its Nova and use Astra Jerky or Max Potions...if you know how to craft them from the radial menu.

 

Here's my fight against Alatreon last week

On 2/23/2021 at 8:42 PM, CDB2k20 said:

 

Solo...no Palico run!!

I figured if I did it against Fatalis, I might as well do it against Alatreon!!

 

 

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, locoghoul said:

https://youtu.be/dX6QpvH1u-g           

 

BRUH

They had my money before the first demo. I will donate my kidneys if they ask legit talk. This game looks so fucking good! 

 

edit: how do you embed shit here?

Can't wait till Friday...Flagship Monster is going to be busted OP like Nergigante & Velkhana

 

Also....Rampage Apex Monke..is going to be a problem!!

 

d4f28bc23dd666bba871c975e23b05ce.jpg

 

 

New MHW gameplay video from me:

 

Edited by CDB2k20
Link to comment

Just have the elder dragons left until I'm Master. 

 

I said it in the VGG thread, but if MHR has my hunter yelling dumb shit every few attacks I'm going to have to find a way to turn the VO off. That shit is too corny and grating to me. 

 

Also, the homie I play with usually told me he's considering holding off on buying MHR cause he's having so much fun jumping back into MHW with me, and since I'm probably hitting master this week, we still have hours of stuff to do together. 

Link to comment

Alatreon is DOWN!  ALTATREON IS DOWN!  

 

Time to train up for Fatalis.  My new Cloth is the Velkhana Gamma and goddamnit I'm gonna master this maxed out Greatsword and watch all the playthroughs to learn the dodge directions so I don't evasive roll into my death.  God bless the Grind Killers.  

Edited by Psychoblue
Link to comment

So in my 85 or so hours on my first file in this game, I actually never "beat" it. 

 

I got to the elder dragon section then got sucked into optimizing and building HR gear that I never actually hunted the elder dragons. 

 

So I fought Kushala Daora and Vaal Hazak last night. 

 

Vaal Hazak looks like a bloodborne boss and is rough 2% as hard as one. Kinda disappointed in that fight, the hardest part was navigating around the acid pits while fighting him. 

 

Kushala is a cheap asshole. He'd throw out his cyclones and thrash me in what I could only describe as the "get fucked" box. He'd put two right next to each other and I would get stuck in my hit animations until I died. Still got him on the first go, but it was close. 

 

Edited by KingTubb
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Kushala is a cheap asshole. He'd throw out his cyclones and thrash me in what I could only describe as the "get fucked" box.

OH LAWD YESH!

 

He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day 🤣

 

I practically did the entire game sub-Master rank solo (with a few SOS joins on occasion). It's possibly the most "relaxing" game that I have played since it is so straight forward. 

 

Objective - KILL THIS SUMBITCH

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I practically did the entire game sub-Master rank solo (with a few SOS joins on occasion). It's possibly the most "relaxing" game that I have played since it is so straight forward. 

100% this. I did almost all the HR stuff solo, and it's great. I was pretty salty at the cyclones, but other than that, it definitely helps me unwind at the end of a day. 

Link to comment
5 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Kushala is a cheap asshole. He'd throw out his cyclones and thrash me in what I could only describe as the "get fucked" box. He'd put two right next to each other and I would get stuck in my hit animations until I died. Still got him on the first go, but it was close. 

Kush is the reason why I picked up bowguns!!

Sticky ammo don't give a f@!# about a wind shield!!

Link to comment

Daora was a pain in the ass lol.  That fight felt like it took forever because I avoided the tornadoes as long as i could and waited for them to fade before smacking him with Ye Ol' Faithful Longsword.  

 

I'm looking at some MonHun interview with Milla and Paul WS. As stated I thought the movie was alright but their interviews are garbage LOL.  Capcops must have had them at gunpoint to come up with something passable combined with a hard carry from Toho and Tony Jaa.  

Link to comment
15 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Daora was a pain in the ass lol.

Got to Master Rank last night and Doara was the only Elder dragon that was any tough at all. Outside of him, the last 4 fights were just big dumb sponges that took forever to kill, and the environment causes more problems than the monster. 

 

Got my first 2 MR quests out of the way as well, Finally in the new Iceborne hub. I love mama, she's the best and preferred over Meowster Chef which is saying a lot 

Link to comment
4 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Got to Master Rank last night and Doara was the only Elder dragon that was any tough at all. Outside of him, the last 4 fights were just big dumb sponges that took forever to kill, and the environment causes more problems than the monster. 

 

Got my first 2 MR quests out of the way as well, Finally in the new Iceborne hub. I love mama, she's the best and preferred over Meowster Chef which is saying a lot 

Do the movie tie in quest:

On 1/25/2021 at 7:15 PM, CDB2k20 said:

Said this to other members here still on "that" forum who are trying to get caught up on MHW and Iceborne, to get movie tie-in armor:

 

It really is the best beginning armor set to craft in MR.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

Do the movie tie in quest:

That armor will hard-carry you all the way to Ruiner Nergigante.  The Defender Katana V was all I needed until that point with the Artemis armor.  After that you should start investing in getting parts for Namielle and/or Blackveil Hazak armor.  

Edited by Psychoblue
Link to comment
1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

Good looking out. 

 

I had zero interest in doing it cause I have zero interest in that movie lol 

lol I didn't care either until I played those tie-ins.  I still feel like I made the right choice between it and WW84 because at least I could judge it as a kaiju flick with Toho so heavily involved..  

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

After that you should start investing in getting parts for Namielle and/or Blackveil Hazak armor

Those are good but depending on your weapon; once unlock elder dragons and the Guilding Lands, you should get MR Teostra and/or Raging Brachy gear.

 

If you're using bowguns,  farm the f@#k out of Nargacuga as soon as you unlock him in the early game!!

🤣

Link to comment
1 minute ago, CDB2k20 said:

 

 

If you're using bowguns,  farm the f@#k out of Nargacuga as soon as you unlock him in the early game!!

🤣

Been wondering what the best Bowgun build is, thanks!

 

So I faced Fatalis for the first time, he's definitely as touch as billed.  I've decided to go at him with my Insect Glaive since that's my main Dragon weapon and I think vaulting over his fire pools is gonna help me close the gap and strike his head.  I got hype when I mounted him but ultimately I didn't get the phase I needed to start summoning SOS flares, so for now I'll keep grinding and go for better Mantles to give me more chances to bring the pain.

 

I need help unlocking the Plunderblade.  When am I supposed to set the meat out on Odagoran's lair?  It always feels like I just miss him drag the corpse in.  

Edited by Psychoblue
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Good looking out. 

 

I had zero interest in doing it cause I have zero interest in that movie lol 

No problem.

That is the only benefit the movie has.

Great MR starting armor, and a decent belt for layered armor fashion.

 

Also, what weapon or weapons do you use?
I can give you good starter path recommendations for it.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

what weapon or weapons do you use?

Lance, currently. I started this file on Gunlance, then realized that I like lance a whole bunch more. 

 

I used to be a hammer and LBG when I played when the game dropped 

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I need help unlocking the Plunderblade.  When am I supposed to set the meat out on Odagoran's lair?  It always feels like I just miss him drag the corpse in. 

35 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Been wondering what the best Bowgun build is, thanks!

Since you've just made it to fighting Fatalis, you're about to get the best Bowgun build!! 😆

Four-piece Fatalis has the True Spareshot skill built in it, along with other busted shit!!
🤣

 

20 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Lance, currently. I started this file on Gunlance, then realized that I like lance a whole bunch more. 

 

I used to be a hammer and LBG when I played when the game dropped 

Dang.

Hammer and LBG I use and fuckin love!!

😎

 

Sadly, I haven't touched Gunlance or Lance.

Here's a Lance build guide from last year:

 

Until you can make it to Fatty (Fatalis)...craft what they have in there or what you can get close too making.

Edited by CDB2k20
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

Since you've just made it to fighting Fatalis, you're about to get the best Bowgun build!! 😆

Four-piece Fatalis has the True Spareshot skill built in it, along with other busted shit!!

😎

 

 

 

And this is EXACTLY why I need the Plunderblade. 

Link to comment
55 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

I haven't touched Gunlance or Lance

oooooh man, they're great. Lance is surprisingly mobile and reminds me a lot of boxing, weirdly. Lance is rope a dope, you let the monster tire themselves out and poke at them here and there, focus on footwork to stay in the right so that when they get tired you make em pay. 

 

Gunlance is peek a boo. You smack em real hard as soon as you have an opening and make em miss. 

 

Gunlance has the whole shelling element to it, which really shapes it's meta. The Lance has the parry mechanic and the full send charge thing which makes pursing and fighting in big open spaces dynamic. 

 

Plus I really have a lot of fun managing stamina, which looks like an insane sentence now that I've typed it, but stamina usage is brilliantly implemented with the lance.  

Link to comment
1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

oooooh man, they're great. Lance is surprisingly mobile and reminds me a lot of boxing, weirdly. Lance is rope a dope, you let the monster tire themselves out and poke at them here and there, focus on footwork to stay in the right so that when they get tired you make em pay. 

 

Gunlance is peek a boo. You smack em real hard as soon as you have an opening and make em miss. 

 

Gunlance has the whole shelling element to it, which really shapes it's meta. The Lance has the parry mechanic and the full send charge thing which makes pursing and fighting in big open spaces dynamic. 

 

Plus I really have a lot of fun managing stamina, which looks like an insane sentence now that I've typed it, but stamina usage is brilliantly implemented with the lance.  

I use a lance as my main Thunder weapon, super useful against the bird enemies like Pukei or Paolamu or so that slow collapse charge, makes for mad easy parries and power-ups.  

Link to comment

FATALIS IS DOWN!

 

Insect Glaive is definitely go-to for this matchup, I need that extra air mobility to more safely close the gap and vault out of the way when he does his best Tigrex impression.  If not for his stats being so screwed up I don't think he'd be such a hard fight.  It's clearly one designs to have friends help you because when you finally collapse him by striking his chest, he covers so much space when he collapses that you need a partner to take advantage since it's likely you'll stumble a bit getting out of the way.  It's also annoying that sometimes you can't tell when he's about to collapse and when he's recoiling to do a counter-attack.  Long-necked bastard...

 

Safijiva is another one who is just hard for the sake of it.  The fight would be Xenojiva easy if not for all of the extra bells and whistles they added to his stats.  

 

Either way, it is DONE!  Now I can start building a Fatalis set and work on breaking the MR caps as well as upgrading the rest of my mantles and maxing out my Palico equipment.  I also need to go back and do more Lynian research missions so I can get the Meowlotov Cocktail and the other tailriders.  

Link to comment
20 hours ago, CDB2k20 said:

That is the only benefit the movie has

Did the quests last night and the armor delivered. Thanks for the tip. 

 

And now it's time to try to wrap my head around the hidden element stuff. I have a lance that's pretty good, but the element is greyed out so I need to go through all these hoops to get that extra damage. 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Did the quests last night and the armor delivered. Thanks for the tip. 

 

And now it's time to try to wrap my head around the hidden element stuff. I have a lance that's pretty good, but the element is greyed out so I need to go through all these hoops to get that extra damage. 

"Be nicer next time" made me think of Nina's T5 win quote.  "Isn't it past your bedtime?"

 

For hidden elements you should look for decorations and armors that allow for element acceleration.  The Namielle set was my main set up until Ruiner Nergigante and Shara Ishvalda because it would activate the Blast element of my Tigrex.  Other than that I think you can augment them to stop making them latent?   I'm going to try going for that a little bit later.  

Edited by Psychoblue
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

"Be nicer next time" made me think of Nina's T5 win quote.

Dude all of her canned one liners SUUUUUCKED and made me cringe. 

 

I'm worried cause it looks like they're doing this with MHR and I am not on board for that shit. 

 

This isn't Gex, my hunter doesn't need to make a quip every time something happens. 

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Dude all of her canned one liners SUUUUUCKED and made me cringe. 

 

I'm worried cause it looks like they're doing this with MHR and I am not on board for that shit. 

 

This isn't Gex, my hunter doesn't need to make a quip every time something happens. 

Because I was bored I made up a weapon set for a full CoD tie-in like how Geralt had his own weapons.

 

 

Sword & Shield = Riot Gear

 

Heavy Bowgun = Heavy Assault Weapon

 

Bowgun = Custom Rifle

 

Bow = Tactical Bow

 

Great Sword = Crowd Controller

 

Longsword = Marine Pride

 

Insect Glaive = Nanomachine Polearm

 

Hunting Horn = Corps Bugle

 

Switch Axe = Battery Edge

 

Charge Blade = Prototype Saber

 

Gunlance = Infantry Mortar

 

Lance = Barricade Enforcer

 

Edited by Psychoblue
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Did the quests last night and the armor delivered. Thanks for the tip. 

 

And now it's time to try to wrap my head around the hidden element stuff. I have a lance that's pretty good, but the element is greyed out so I need to go through all these hoops to get that extra damage. 

welcome jurassic park GIF

 

For the hidden element weapons, you'll need Release jewels or Ironwall/Release combo skill jewels since you use Lance.

If you don't have jewels, you'll either need armor parts with that skill or make the Awakening charm:

 

https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Awakening+Charm+I

 

And upgrade it. 

8 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

FATALIS IS DOWN!

 

Well Done Reaction GIF

 

Good shit dude, welcome to  MHW: Iceborne Endgame Broken Armor club!! 👍

Edited by CDB2k20
Link to comment
1 hour ago, locoghoul said:

Magnamalo kicked my ass. It one shots you with a couple of moves. The 15 min timer doesnt help either. It is doable tho just very unforgiving if you cart even once

Fought him a few times last night and got my ass kicked.

 

 

This is just like the Nergigante and Velkhana demo fight.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Ruiner Nergigante was taken out far easier than I was expecting, but given I've faced him so many times at this point I guess I already knew how to deal with it.  Of course the Fatalis set likely sped things along too.  The MR rank has now been totally uncapped!

 

 

Yeah, if you have beaten Furious Rajang, Alatreon and Fatalis,.... Ruiner Nerg' is "Easy Mode"!!

 

Edited by CDB2k20
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select