Stage Select

Monster Hunter World/Iceborne/Rise THREAD: Its Monster Huntin' time!!

Posted (edited)

Magamalo demo hunt experience so far:

spacer.png

Even Team Darkside said this was the top 5 hardest hunt they ever done!!

And Capcom admitted they overtuned the Magamalo in the demo.

UPDATE 3/20/21:

FUCKING TIGER IS DEAD!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by CDB2k20
Posted (edited)

Final MHW gameplay videoes from me:

Solo Safi'Jiva for the first time, Mods and friends finally jumping may bring me back to World.

Anyways one more day until Rise is official out...

Edited by CDB2k20

So far I put in 10 hours into Rise. My thoughts so far

- I wish they didn't give the player hunter voice acting. She does not shut up. I did not need the moment to moment commentary for my hunts.

- Don't like the default controls. Admittedly, this had to do with muscle memory from World fucking me but I wasn't feeling it. The available to change them are too limited. R being the run button fucks me up when using the IG and using A to gather don't feel right. Even when switching my confirmation button to B I still have to gather with A. So damn annoying. 

- I like wyvern riding over mounting. I like having direct control and it makes turf wars less of a crapshoot. Monsters usually fucks off after I'm done with them. 

- The quality of life improvements to gathering are very welcomed. 

- Hunting Horn got super easy to use this game. Not needing to do Swing Recital to activate melodies is a huge buff. All of them using the same button combos also helps when it comes to remembering melodies too. Though it sucks as that means it reduces the melody count to just three. Still, it still great improvements all round.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Don't like the default controls. Admittedly, this had to do with muscle memory from World fucking me but I wasn't feeling it. The available to change them are too limited. R being the run button fucks me up when using the IG and using A to gather don't feel right. Even when switching my confirmation button to B I still have to gather with A. So damn annoying. 

Watch this video: 

Best Controller Settings For MHW Players

This will help with the Controller issues.

I'm still struggling landing AED headshots and adjust the angles for SAED with the Charge Blade.

Playing World/Iceborne with the PS4 controller was amazing, the Switch PRO controller takes some getting used to.

Anyways, its Day 3 for me with Rise...AND I FUCKIN'  LOVE THIS GAME!!

excited james harden GIF by NBA

It's 2018 debut of World all over again!!!

Need to find the setting to adjust how many times the hunter talks, because that shit is getting annoying.

It's nice that they finally added but it needs improvement.

Here's a starter guide video Arekkz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZFJEsD4aE8

You will want to act as PetSmart and hire a mix of buddies and make use of the Buddy Plaza.
This how you get your farm and a flow of free materials.

Edited by CDB2k20
3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

So far I put in 10 hours into Rise. My thoughts so far

- I wish they didn't give the player hunter voice acting. She does not shut up. I did not need the moment to moment commentary for my hunts.

- Don't like the default controls. Admittedly, this had to do with muscle memory from World fucking me but I wasn't feeling it. The available to change them are too limited. R being the run button fucks me up when using the IG and using A to gather don't feel right. Even when switching my confirmation button to B I still have to gather with A. So damn annoying. 

- I like wyvern riding over mounting. I like having direct control and it makes turf wars less of a crapshoot. Monsters usually fucks off after I'm done with them. 

- The quality of life improvements to gathering are very welcomed. 

- Hunting Horn got super easy to use this game. Not needing to do Swing Recital to activate melodies is a huge buff. All of them using the same button combos also helps when it comes to remembering melodies too. Though it sucks as that means it reduces the melody count to just three. Still, it still great improvements all round.

You could have selected traditional MH language aka just grunts at the start

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Got to the audio settings. There's an option where you can adjust how often your hunter speaks. 

Found that out a few hours ago, lol!!

Anyways, I got payback on the damn Tiger for the hell it put me threw in the demo.

Beat it again but this time with my main hand melee weapons the Dual Blades.

Nightmare fuel:

No..not Kheuz... 

DAT ASS WHOOPING HE GOT IN THIS VIDEO!!

And how broken Longsword is in this game.

Edited by CDB2k20
3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I didn't play the demo so I thought people was just hyping up the tiger. I was in for a ride ass waking. He wiped every party I was in for three quests before I managed to beat it.

The Broken-ass Demo Tiger helped me learn how to deal with him in the full game.

Low Rank Tiger is free!!!

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Just like world, high rank is not forgiving on the wallet. I made one armor set and it cleaned me out. I have a couple of high rank weapons I could but got no dough. I'm in desperate need of those items that's only good for selling.

Note:

You get some exotic ore from the Argosy Captain Rondine that you can sell by exchange Kamura Points with her. Sell whatever Steel & Gold Eggs that you get.
Also sell some of the LR materials that you don't need or want.

45 minutes ago, locoghoul said:

My physical copy arrives today. Unless Amazon does me dirty on April fools day... which weapon to main??? Hmm kinda wanted GS but without focus is not the best for progression imo. Prob hammer or cb

Hammer is fuckin' fun is this game!!!

It was fun in Iceborne, but in Rise went ham with it due to the Spiderman/Wirebug acrobatics plus the new move skills!!

CB is good but you'll need a wirebug skill to unlock Savage Axe  and some late LR armor to bring back to near Iceborne OP'dness!!

I know V-tuber opening, but he has so good beginner LR builds.

For Endgame CB stuff, from a well-known non-B.S. MH content character:

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Hunting Horn buffs made it to my main weapon 

I can't seem to get this to work with every item. I couldn't do it with traps and mega demon drug and armor skin. Though this does work with dash juice and ancient potion. To the moon!

I've been using this all day.

Haven't tried for traps or bombs yet but this 100% works for mega demondrug and mega-armorskin,  mega & max potions, dash juice etc. You must make sure nothing in exploit radial menu is set to auto-craft or that will screw this up.

If everything is good then

'TO THE MOON!!

To The Moon Space GIF fresh prince dancing GIF

AT LEAST UNTIL NEXT PATCH!!!

7 hours ago, CDB2k20 said:

Haven't tried for traps or bombs yet but this 100% works for mega demondrug and mega-armorskin,  mega & max potions, dash juice etc. You must make sure nothing in exploit radial menu is set to auto-craft or that will screw this up

I unchecked all the auto crafting and I still couldn't get the mega demon drug and armor skin to work. I couldn't get bombs working neither. I might need to use something else for that one.

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I unchecked all the auto crafting and I still couldn't get the mega demon drug and armor skin to work. I couldn't get bombs working neither. I might need to use something else for that one.

Hmm...That's very odd. 

You'd followed all of Bata's instructions in the video...

On 4/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, CDB2k20 said:

Yo' we got Infinites:

You are using item pouch and not crafting on the radial menu?

Do you have one of everything that you're trying to use  in your item pouch?

5 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

Hmm...That's very odd. 

You'd followed all of Bata's instructions in the video...

You are using item pouch and not crafting on the radial menu?

Do you have one of everything that you're trying to use  in your item pouch?

So I need absolutely everything on the item pouch, then? With some of the stuff that worked I only needed like one of the items. I guess I'll have to try this again.

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

So I need absolutely everything on the item pouch, then? With some of the stuff that worked I only needed like one of the items. I guess I'll have to try this again.

Yes.

When adding the items to the radial menu for this and in general, always use "Item Pouch" not "Crafting".

The only exception is gunner ammo.

1 hour ago, CDB2k20 said:

Yes.

When adding the items to the radial menu for this and in general, always use "Item Pouch" not "Crafting".

The only exception is gunner ammo.

I been using "item pouch" instead of "crafting". I was half assing how this glitch worked. When I get back I'll try it again.

Ok just played my first 3 h I'm on village 3 now. This game is giving me 3rd gen vibes (3U/P3rd), I absolutely dig the jap art style including monster intros and music. I see they have kept the world skill system rather than the old one (10 points activates a skill) which I'm ok with but they also went with true raw rather whatever they have had pre Generations (adjusted for each weapon with bloated). That was a good decision. The new maps I have played so far are great (shrine and ice), I dont think I have any complain so far. I will definitely be buying G rank DLC whenever it pops up. I cant imagine how gorgeous this will look in PC considering I play on Lite and I think the graphics are excellent already. Easiest 30 bucks spent ever have 0 regrets

I’m waiting until my palamute amiibo comes in before I start playing. When it comes in that’s also when I’m giving my friend his copy of Rise and the companion amiibo I unbeknownst to him ordered for him. It’s all we’ve been talking about since it was announced. I’m super excited 

I also can’t wait to hunt with you my brothers. 

Edited by iStu X
9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The desire sensor fucking me over real hard. I been grinding the Ibushi rampage all day and it still hasn't dropped the orb. 

Confused Chicago Bulls GIF by ESPN

I got an orb on my first encounter against him, earlier today.

If it's any consolation, Narga is screwing me over with these damn cutwing drops. 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The game got patched. Infinite item glitch is dead. It was fun while it lasted.

good times florida evans GIF

Anyways, I'm in the endgame now.

Grinding MONKE', Nargucga, Anjanath and Murder Bear for their weapons and armor.

Hit village 4 rank last night. Rampage was FUN. Is Bishaten the son of Congala and Kecha Wacha? This game is really great visually and control wise. I get the content complains but is not like Cyberpunk or Halo trailer, we will get the content and the G rank/DLC is also on its way

Friend is coming over to play monster Hunter this evening. I’m stoked. I’m creating my Hunter right now but I’m not going to actually play until he gets here. I just have too much stuff to take care of today to be able to sit down and play. 

still. Excited. Even more so if GameStop finally gets in my god damn palimute amiibo

50 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Is Photo Mode as integrated and mandatory as the game makes it sound? If so—fuuuuuuuuuck that shit. I hate photo mode 

There's 4 early NPC request missions that ask for a photo of something, and then that's it.

One of which just an introduction to the camera feature.

Aside from that one, you don't have to do them, though if you do, you will get varying rewards and earn Kamura Tickets for crafting gear.

51 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

There's 4 early NPC request missions that ask for a photo of something, and then that's it.

One of which just an introduction to the camera feature.

Aside from that one, you don't have to do them, though if you do, you will get varying rewards and earn Kamura Tickets for crafting gear.

Thank fuck. And I have no intention of doing anything photo related. I hate that shit being tacked on in games. If I wanted to take pictures id play fatal frame

Edited by iStu X
22 hours ago, iStu X said:

Thank fuck. And I have no intention of doing anything photo related. I hate that shit being tacked on in games. If I wanted to take pictures id play fatal frame

Iceborne had a photo related side game collection thing but that shit didn't matter and was ignored by 99% of the community.

I’ve been off and on trying to play Rise and it’s super overwhelming. There’s just so much to take in right off the bat. The tutorials do not help whatsoever. I’m completely lost in what to do and how to do it.

Also the controls are super hard to get use to. Especially when one of your hands is constantly numb. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

I’ve been off and on trying to play Rise and it’s super overwhelming. There’s just so much to take in right off the bat. The tutorials do not help whatsoever. I’m completely lost in what to do and how to do it.

Also the controls are super hard to get use to. Especially when one of your hands is constantly numb. 

I got overwhelmed a bit too, and I'm the vet from World & Iceborne.

My problem was that I was trying to do too much to get back to MHW/Iceborne.

Here's some videos to help

Optimal Control settings:

Basics video:

As I said in some posts earlier, focus on  gathering and support Palicos ( The cats) .

For most of Low Rank just make the three pieces of Izuchi armor, as it's the first and easiest thing you fight:

Example:

nce3bqy4qgp61.jpg

The head, chest, and waist are good. For weapons, Iron and Bone stuff are good starter weapons for early LR.

Aknosum are the best fire weapons, plus decent sharpness, and damage....as well as a great design.

Another tip: Village/Solo story quests are much easier than the Hub ones, and you can rank up to a certain point just by doing those.

If you have any other questions, you're welcome to ask them.

9 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Yes but the hub quests are balanced for multiplayer in mind. Village quests are designed for solo.

Do they offer the same rewards and challenges?

Re: are they the same, just toned down?

Or are they different content?

3 minutes ago, JHDK said:

Solo quests are the same just toned down. The rewards stay the same. Village Quests end with Mangamalo so you will eventually have to venture into hub quests if you want the rest of the content.

18 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Solo quests are the same just toned down. The rewards stay the same. Village Quests end with Mangamalo so you will eventually have to venture into hub quests if you want the rest of the content.

But can I successfully venture solo past Post-Mangamalo and have a realistic chance of winning?

More difficult is fine.

No unless Salvador Glitching is not.

5 minutes ago, JHDK said:

But can I successfully venture solo past Post-Mangamalo and have a realistic chance of winning?

More difficult is fine.

No unless Salvador Glitching is not.

It's realistic possible. Post Mangamalo you will gain access to high rank where you fight the hard version of the monsters plus a few new ones. Soloing hub quests is a test of endurance more than anything. Spec yourself out if you want to speed up the time it takes to finish it solo.

2 hours ago, JHDK said:

Some monsters you only get playing hub. Also Village is just low rank so if yoi want better gear you kinda have to play it, solo or multi