Stage Select

Monster Hunter World/Iceborne/Rise THREAD: Its Monster Huntin' time!!

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, beesuit said:

I just got this game, I'm a complete scrub never played any MH game ever. 
Come carry my ass and give me free gear please
SW-5833-1034-3040

See my post here newbie:

https://megashock.net/topic/167-monster-hunter-worldicebornerise-thread-its-monster-huntin-time/?do=findComment&comment=51785

9 hours ago, JHDK said:

But can I successfully venture solo past Post-Mangamalo and have a realistic chance of winning?

More difficult is fine.

You can solo the game, it will go much smoother if you have been crafting and upgrading your gear.

As soon as you get to High Rank, get HR shit asap.

Just like in Low Rank, Hunt HR Izchi and some weaker HR Monsters, scoop up ore and bone deposits, and kill some of the smaller monsters .

Example of the early HR gear, I had during my playthrough:

spacer.png 

One thing I do not recommend doing solo are the Rampages....HR Rampages especially.

Edited by CDB2k20
5 hours ago, JHDK said:

But can I successfully venture solo past Post-Mangamalo and have a realistic chance of winning?

More difficult is fine.

No unless Salvador Glitching is not.

I've been doing it since Tri. Learn your weapon, observe monster and bring pots.

Edited by Abbachio
I can't word right
3 hours ago, locoghoul said:

Some monsters you only get playing hub. Also Village is just low rank so if yoi want better gear you kinda have to play it, solo or multi

Completing village quests allows him to skip low rank in hub. He can go straight to high rank when he's done.

I just can’t get over the controls. There’s way too many things to keep track of and I’m not as dexterous as I use to be thanks to the neuropathy in my hand.

It sucks cause I was genuinely lookin forward to Rise since so many people I know on and off line we’re getting it 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

I just can’t get over the controls. There’s way too many things to keep track of and I’m not as dexterous as I use to be thanks to the neuropathy in my hand.

It sucks cause I was genuinely lookin forward to Rise since so many people I know on and off line we’re getting it 

Play DB, is kinda braindead at least at a casual level. Literally press RZ then spam A

1 minute ago, locoghoul said:

Play DB, is kinda braindead at least at a casual level. Literally press RZ then spam A

I don’t know what any of that means 

Edited by iStu X
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, locoghoul said:

Me a DBs main reading that comment...

uhm GIF

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

Damn sorry to hear that Stu.

Longsword might be better for you to use if weapon usage is giving you issues?

Edited by CDB2k20
3 hours ago, CDB2k20 said:

Me a DBs main reading that comment...

uhm GIF

Damn sorry to hear that Stu.

Longsword might be better for you to use if weapon usage is giving you issues?

I said at a casual level. Ive played 3U 4U GU and now Rise and noobies can get away with just "spin to win". Few other weapons are that forgiving 

11 hours ago, locoghoul said:

I said at a casual level. Ive played 3U 4U GU and now Rise and noobies can get away with just "spin to win". Few other weapons are that forgiving 

At Casual level, and taking into consideration:

1. they know about stamina management & using items to replenish it...
  2. not using fire weapons on a "fire-based monster" or any  same element weapon -same element monster

Then "spin to win" can get them to 3 or 4 star Village.

10 hours ago, Reiraku said:

Bubble dance DB build is fun as hell. 

Does Bubbleblight affect other monsters?

Because having them constantly trip and slip, would be fun as hell!!

19 hours ago, iStu X said:

Try the bowguns, the only tricky thing I have come across dexterity wise is maybe fanning manoeuvre > ammo switch > cluster bomb but that could also be down to how I have my controls set and it's also only for cluster bomb builds.

7 hours ago, CDB2k20 said:

At Casual level, and taking into consideration:

1. they know about stamina management & using items to replenish it...
  2. not using fire weapons on a "fire-based monster" or any  same element weapon -same element monster

Then "spin to win" can get them to 3 or 4 star Village.

On Rise stamina management is so easy, like if they arent using dash juices is not the end of the world with all the buffs and endemic life. In old world it had more impact.  

I think even the worst scrubs know about element matchup since thats basically the thing about DB and SnS. 

2 minutes ago, locoghoul said:

On Rise stamina management is so easy, like if they arent using dash juices is not the end of the world with all the buffs and endemic life. In old world it had more impact.  

Truth Tru GIF

8 hours ago, CDB2k20 said:

What bubble dance does is reduce the penalty of bubble blight on you, and at level 3, make it to where you inflict bubble blight on yourself from dodging, which increases your natural evasion. I've had monsters do full rounds of attacks that just pass right through me because of bubble dance. Combined with resuscitate (+20 atk at level 3), you have a great damage and defense boost.

This all in one set, that also includes Free Meal so your potions last much longer when you do need them.

1 hour ago, locoghoul said:

Stamina also decreases at a faster rate than it did in World. I still use dash juices because of that.

Imma give it the old college try again. If anyone wants my friend code: 0094-9702-6716 

im running insect glave cause I love all the mobility options between the wire bugs and glave double jumping. If it sucks im not all that torn up about it since based on what I’ve played so far my hand isn’t going to let me play consistently. 

But if anyone has any fun builds for it then lemme know 

Edited by iStu X
21 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Imma give it the old college try again. If anyone wants my friend code: 0094-9702-6716 

im running insect glave cause I love all the mobility options between the wire bugs and glave double jumping. If it sucks im not all that torn up about it since based on what I’ve played so far my hand isn’t going to let me play consistently. 

But if anyone has any fun builds for it then lemme know 

Got this from one of the MH Discord's that I'm on: 

https://imgur.com/a/WfwApk2

Endgame builds: https://imgur.com/a/Jr9E3WD

Vid guide:

I don't have anything specific, but Power Prolonger, Weakness Exploit, and Attack Up are all really solid for Insect Glaive. You'll keep your insect buffs for longer, which will let you continue to do direct damage.

1 hour ago, Reiraku said:

What bubble dance does is reduce the penalty of bubble blight on you, and at level 3, make it to where you inflict bubble blight on yourself from dodging, which increases your natural evasion. I've had monsters do full rounds of attacks that just pass right through me because of bubble dance. Combined with resuscitate (+20 atk at level 3), you have a great damage and defense boost.

This all in one set, that also includes Free Meal so your potions last much longer when you do need them.

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I have my elemental and raw DBs builds done.

I might make this and the Great Wroggi/Cowgirl full set!! 😉

I've been having way too much fun with the Diablos GS with dulling strikes and max bludgeoner. 

Also, new appreciation for Insect Glaive. Finding out that the aerial bounces increase your airborn damage is awesome. Bounce twice, then dive thrust for insane damage

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2021 at 9:05 AM, Hawkingbird said:

I miss the melding pot from World. These monsters ain't dropping the gems I need. 

This.

It's going to be a good minute before they implement something like that for Rise, if they ever do it.

Gameplay from me on the Ryujinx emulator:

Using the 60FPS and 1080p mods graphic enhancement, and PS4 button icons mod.

Note: that this is my first playthrough on the emulator, so the stuttering is mostly due to shader cache being built.

Edited by CDB2k20
13 hours ago, Gasarocky said:

Dunno if anyone saw but Capcom confirmed the melding tables bug and explicitly said there was no intent to make a singular table based on your save file or anything, so a fix is coming with 2.0 next week

Merced Bagel with a group pierce LBG.

His theme is kinda of lacking when compared to one he had in World, which is the same for alot of returning monsters.

Here is the result of my first time fighting Chamelos....

spacer.png

He was a decent fight. 

Helps that I came prepared for him with build...

spacer.png

9 hours ago, CDB2k20 said:

Nice hunts bro!!

This fuckin' title update!!!

BLESS CAPCOM!!!

happy boston celtics GIF by NBA

Nah I suck lol. I was much better in GU. For some reason the new gimmicks havent fully clicked yet. But I am practicing a LOT and hopefully I will get better sets too. Still working on an Axe Hopper set

12 hours ago, locoghoul said:

Nah I suck lol. I was much better in GU. For some reason the new gimmicks havent fully clicked yet. But I am practicing a LOT and hopefully I will get better sets too. Still working on an Axe Hopper set

With the update you can craft every skill with decorations now!! 😉

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

About as close to a Red Dead Redemption x Monster Hunter crossover we're going to get!!

Almost every skill. There's still a couple out there that can't be crafted, but generally this opens up builds a LOT more. And I can't believe they made my most hated fight in World probably my main armor set in this one. 

28 minutes ago, Reiraku said:

Almost every skill. There's still a couple out there that can't be crafted, but generally this opens up builds a LOT more. And I can't believe they made my most hated fight in World probably my main armor set in this one. 

Haven't gotten to Kush yet, bet I heard that fighting him is 10x better than in World/Iceborne!!

spacer.png

Kush doesn't stay in the air for forever like in World, but now he got combos, new shit, and hits like a truck!!

Gunner hitzones have changed on him, however sticky and slicing ammo still own him.

I didn't see what content the update would bring before updated. I was hyped to see Chameleos come back. It's one of my favorite monsters because of how fucking goofy it is. It needs more love. Thank you Capcom.

They made Kushala a way more fun fight

Teo even more annoying of a POS though lol

Good stuff though. I hadn't fought Chameleos before either and he's pretty fun. I wish the solo Apexes had some sort of extra reward but still glad we have em at least