Stage Select

The Castlevania/Bloodstained Thread: Whip It Good

16 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Thats a build i just never got into. I dont find it terribly fun myself. 

Depending on how you go about it, early game especially you have to conserve your magic meter so you have to be decisive about how and where you use your magic. It's pretty OP though. 

I saw Season 4 was up. Hopefully it's better than 3, and hopefully Dracula is back. Imo characterizing Trevor as a bumbling husband trope and banishing Dracula are the two biggest mistakes they've made although I like the female vamp trio. 

Edited by DoctaMario

Season 4 was great, waaaay better than 3 and this fucker had me rolling:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Death gave negative fucks with his roasting!!

And I'm also surprised at how many happy and satisfying endings we got.

....Fuckin' Dracula gets revived and a second chance at life with his wife.

That's best ending for a Dracula in any piece of fiction.

Just finished the season straight through.

First and foremost, Isaac is the MVP 

Secondly, Sypha. Ain’t. Playing. At. All. 

Thirdly, Ratko is a BOSS, especially after giving ‘ol boy the verbal smack down.

Issac’s “Stand” 🤣

Striga with DAT EQUIPMENT ✊🏽

The Red Rust Easter egg was hilarious to catch

Lenore acting like modern women today after her “It ain’t no fun when the rabbit has the gun” realization🤦🏽‍♂️

“Treffy” 😂☠️😂☠️

Oh man, the lines these cats had this season🤣😂🤣😂

All of the action was beyond on point, as were the shoutouts to other CV games, and everything was wrapped up nicely. 

My only complaint is that they should’ve included more music from the games. 

If you guys want to see some pure ridiculousness, head to Limited Run Games and see what they’re asking for the Castlevania Collection Ultimate Edition smh😂

Edited by hanzohattori12
6 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Six eps into the final season. At this point, isaac may be my favorite character.

Isaac is definitely one of the characters I like better in the show than in the game. He's up there with Drac as one of my favorite characters in the series.

38 minutes ago, hanzohattori12 said:

If you guys want to see some pure ridiculousness, head to Limited Run Games and see what they’re asking for the Castlevania Collection Ultimate Edition smh😂

If I didn't already own most of the original versions of those games I'd probably shell out for it because Castlevania is the one series I'll do that for no questions asked.

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:
4 hours ago, hanzohattori12 said:

If I didn't already own most of the original versions of those games I'd probably shell out for it because Castlevania is the one series I'll do that for no questions asked.

That’s not including tax and shipping, as well as the fact that it’ll take nearly a year to arrive at your doorstep. 

I just finished season 4. It's was incredible. Definitely better than season 3. I like how everything ended and leave things open ended for a sequel series if they decide to do one.

Spoiler

I didn't expect Dracula and Lisa resurrection to stick. At this juncture it will be difficult for Dracula to be villain again. Unless Lisa bites it. 

It was great to finally see Death show up. The roasting he gave Trevor was excellent. 

Greta meant to be this shows version of Grant, right? The name of her village felt like a giveaway 

Edited by Hawkingbird

Damn, missed the Season 4 talk. It was soooooo good. That's how you stick the motherfucking landing. Season 3 had me a little worried.  I didn't realize how much I missed the trios banter.

Spoiler

Man they gender swapped Grant into a snack. Greta was a nice addition. I like the interactions between her and Alucard. That's how you and a show. A satisfying conclusion that leaves the possibility for continuation.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 5/17/2021 at 4:37 PM, Hawkingbird said:

Greta meant to be this shows version of Grant, right? The name of her village felt like a

Na, they already named drop Grant.

St Germaine and The Judge mentioned a lunatic who decided to put wagon wheels on a boat and call himself a pirate.

But said wagon boat never made a in screen appearance. Mostly because the show creators hated Grant. 

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

Na, they already named drop Grant.

St Germaine and The Judge mentioned a lunatic who decided to put wagon wheels on a boat and call himself a pirate.

But said wagon boat never made a in screen appearance. Mostly because the show creators hated Grant. 

Alluding to Grant doesn't mean it's actually Grant. 

Greta fills Grant's role in this series and considering the name of the village and Greta is the female equivalent of his name I think I can safely say she's meant to be him. 

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Alluding to Grant doesn't mean it's actually Grant. 

Greta fills Grant's role in this series and considering the name of the village and Greta is the female equivalent of his name I think I can safely say she's meant to be him. 

They've made a lot of references to characters that haven't been in the series, like that portrait of Leon Belmont in the Belmont Library. I wonder if they did it to throw the fanbase a bone because like Darksakul said, the creators apparently hated Grant, lol

Edited by DoctaMario
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

They've made a lot of references to characters that haven't been in the series, like that portrait of Leon Belmont in the Belmont Library. I wonder if they did it to throw the fanbase a bone because like Darksakul said, the creators apparently hated Grant, lol

Warren Ellis hated Grant because he felt the character didn't make any sense for the setting. With Greta he found a way to make the character work for this series. It's an improvement if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Warren Ellis hated Grant because he felt the character didn't make any sense for the setting. With Greta he found a way to make the character work for this series. It's an improvement if you ask me.

I haven't seen it yet but I get it. A pirate is kind of a weird thing to have in that area of the world, but after beating Dracula, Grant rebuilds his village and becomes something of a community leader, and imo THAT would be an interesting story to tell, probably moreso than the events they led up to the Drac battle. 

I wonder how much of a bump in interest the games have seen since the anime has been such a success.  I cant imagine that many kids who grew up on call of battlefield, minecraft, and roblox would be entertained for long by a tough old 2d platformer like CV3. My own efforts to get my nephews into retro stuff, or even "modern retro"  stuff, have been unsuccessful, as they very quickly decide the games are too hard for them.

33 minutes ago, Camacho said:

I wonder how much of a bump in interest the games have seen since the anime has been such a success.  I cant imagine that many kids who grew up on call of battlefield, minecraft, and roblox would be entertained for long by a tough old 2d platformer like CV3. My own efforts to get my nephews into retro stuff, or even "modern retro"  stuff, have been unsuccessful, as they very quickly decide the games are too hard for them.

The most Konami has done since the shows success is release a Castlevania collection. I can't see potential new fans being into classic CV. They should have put a new game in development. 

4 hours ago, Camacho said:

They've seen some new blood but probably not much. Classicvanias are a different beast especially when metroidvanias give you a save point right across from the boss room and let your character get OP pretty quick. 

Outside of DS1&2 there aren't a lot of modern games that have the puzzle factor that a game like CV1 has, where once you know what to do and when, the game becomes almost easy. But until you get to that point, it seems nigh impossible. 

More Netflix Castlevania discussion

Spoiler

Castlevania s4 awards

1. Best simp award
-Saint Germain
Honorable Mention
Hector
2. Best Boy Award
- Isaac
Honorable Mention
-Adrian Tepes
3. Best Bastard Award
- fucking Trevor Belmont
Honorable Mention
- Still fucking Trevor Belmont
4. Edgiest Boi Award
-Adrian Tepes
5. Best Girl Award
-Syha Belnades
Honorable Mention
-Lenore

Sugar Daddy Slayer : Carmilla
Best Queens: Striga and Morana

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Huh, that looks pretty cool. Hilarious that he named the character Simon Quest 😂 

I've been working on speedrunning CV1, clocked my first run a couple days ago and got 17:01 which is better than I thought it would be. Dracula takes a lot of time, though I was able to do this juju last night, although its less than optimal unfortunately: 

https://twitter.com/THEDoctaMario/status/1397766057746599936?s=20

Edited by DoctaMario

Good news, everyone!

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night sequel in development

Further details not announced.

A sequel to Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is currently in development, according to publisher 505 Games.

In its fiscal year 2020 / 2021 Q3 results presentation, the publisher lists the following notes for the Metroidvania game:

• Latest creation of Koji Igarashi, the former series producer of the Castelvania franchise.
  • Worldwide publishing rights on PC and all console formats.
  • High Metacritic score (average 81).
  • €30.2 million life-to-date revenues—more than one million copies sold.
  • Expected lifetime revenues of at least €30 million.
  • Second version in development.

It should be noted that while “second version” is an unusual term for a sequel, it is also used for the Ghostrunner section of the presentation, which already has an announced sequel.

8 hours ago, RSG3 said:

A sequel to Bloodstained is prrtty unsurprising honestly. 505 has been slowly building Bloodstained into a relatively strong IP for themselves. I see this being a franchise that will move forward for a while. 

With luck it will truly be the new Castlevania series that fills the void legit Castlevania has left us with.  

Sounds like Konami is farming out their IPs to other studios so who knows, we could have some solid Castlevania action in the years to come. Still though, I'd love a RotN sequel, although I hope IGA doesn't just remake the first game like he did with many of his CV titles. 

Mannnn I can't get enough of this particular episode and fight... I keep watching over and over again, and oh yeah...the moment this hits blu-ray it's SO bought

The people behind this show have done such a great job in every way, imo... this excellence should be what badass vampire action scenes look like.  The hype when I saw this the first time yesterday was on another level, man....I'm still recovering from it.